PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT 2024 2nd Round Pick - WR Ja'Lynn Polk

Hmmm. Where did you have him ranked? I didn't see Polk coming at this pick. Is he better than Keon Coleman? I'm a little mystified by this pick.

Yeah, sweet, wasn't that N'Keal Harry's draft profile? If we're talking about contested catch ability in college, it means he didn't get complete separation in college. He's gonna get smoked in the NFL. Nobody notes his route running ability or his suddenness, which are two KEY components to succeed where everybody's fast and strong.

Looks faster than his 40 time, but I’m sure there will be concerns about comparisons to Harry’s style.

The draft coverage is horrible by the way taking forever to announce picks.

Yeah, sweet, wasn't that N'Keal Harry's draft profile? If we're talking about contested catch ability in college, it means he didn't get complete separation in college. He's gonna get smoked in the NFL. Nobody notes his route running ability or his suddenness, which are two KEY components to succeed where everybody's fast and strong.
So then you think Rome Odunze is gonna be a bust? He had more contested catches than Polk. Almost like that is kind of a theme with that Washington WR corp. Maybe it's because Penix didn't put it on point for them.

Not bad at all. Unbelievable tracker. Good value. Back with more thoughts but I like it.
Your endorsement makes me feel better.

But I need to know: how did you feel about Thornton, Harry?

Ja’Lynn Polk is a freak of nature,” said Diamond, who trains several top NFL receivers, including the Dallas Cowboys’ CeeDee Lamb, Tank Dell and, recently, Stefon Diggs. “He’s a hidden gem in the draft. Whoever picks him up is going to have a real good steal.”

Maybe he’s our new Juju and the original is getting sent packing. They have some similarities.

I like him. The reality is this WR class is a little overrated outside of the top 3 or 4 players, particularly at X, which we needed. There weren't any real high upside guys left - maybe Franklin. Polk is a solid player, can play inside and out. Probably a number 2 type but improves the room. Would have liked to have gone down an extra 10 spots or so to get him but they obviously had a small board left at receiver and didn't want to risk it.

Polk has talent but usually he's seen more in round 3 of most mock drafts. Then again if the Pats see something special... their scouts obviously see more of him then we do.

CBS Has him at #55 overall in their prospects ranking list though so maybe he was only taken a little earlier because of the recent run on WRs.

Pats didn't feel safe waiting any longer than 37.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back