PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Content Post Let's Talk Free Agency 2024

This has an opening post with good commentary and information, which we definitely recommend reading.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Good lord. This defensive FA class is getting disgusting. So many contending teams needing to cut stars just to get by on the cap. And so many skimp on defense.

Was due $18M+ and it seems that they could not come to an agreement on a pay cut. You may remember his brother Armond spending some time with the Patriots in 2013, but he needed surgery for an infection and never played in the NFL.

Was due $18M+ and it seems that they could not come to an agreement on a pay cut. You may remember his brother Armond spending some time with the Patriots in 2013, but he needed surgery for an infection and never played in the NFL.
Honestly with all the pics they have in this draft and how deep free agency is this was the right move for them.

From his Wiki page (my emphasis):

In Super Bowl LVIII, Armstead recorded one sack and six total tackles in the 25–22 overtime loss to the Chiefs. Two days after losing the Super Bowl, it was revealed that Armstead was playing through a knee injury during the playoffs, which later turned out to be a torn meniscus. Armstead told reporters that he suffered the injury on December 3, 2023, after a game against the Philadelphia Eagles. Armstead required surgery on the meniscus, which will cause him to miss most off-season activities.

Are we interested? He’s old but still a very good player. 1 year left on deal for $18M in salary. It’s a cap savings dump for LAC who desperately need to get under the cap so he can probably be had for a low pick.

I would take him for a 5th and extend him 2 years, also sign Ridley. Allen-Ridley-Bourne-Pop for the next 3 years will get the job done. That said, keep drafting and developing.

Wow....there seems to be quite a few defensive players worth looking at in safeties/ends position.

DL is a great area to find free agents. Buffalo has a good one in DaQuan Jones. Remember Lawrence Guy was released. We could use a disrupt or in the interior to pair with Barmore. The two could run stunts This could be a surprisingly effective move, especially as we should go predominantly offense in the draft with our early picks.

Announcing by 1 pm, that three or more of the following players will be signed, will make my day:

1. Danielle Hunter, Edge (29)
2. Saquon Barkley, RB (27)
3. Christian Wilkins, DT (28)
4. Xavier McKinney, FS (25)
5. Calvin Ridley, WR (29)
6. Patrick Queen, LB (25)
7. Tyron Smith, LT (33)

Are we interested? He’s old but still a very good player. 1 year left on deal for $18M in salary. It’s a cap savings dump for LAC who desperately need to get under the cap so he can probably be had for a low pick.

I would take him for a 5th and extend him 2 years, also sign Ridley. Allen-Ridley-Bourne-Pop for the next 3 years will get the job done. That said, keep drafting and developing.
I think we'd be interested if we don't get Ridley.

Announcing by 1 pm, that three or more of the following players will be signed, will make my day:

7. Tyron Smith, LT (33)
When is this 1pm.
It’s alread 2pm here I am waiting on news

Outside of LT Smith, I don't want our team to spend any real money on older, savvy veterans. This team has to focus on 2025 and 2026! Please sign younger blue chips anywhere we can get them. We can fill the roster holes in June after the draft. There are so many great defensive players available right now, time to upgrade.

7. Tyron Smith, LT (33)

Good list. Three seems unlikely, but you never know. I would replace Queen with Frankie Luvu and would add Bryce Huff (3rd best pass rush win rate).

7. Tyron Smith, LT (33)
Ridley makes Pop Douglas - Bourne and Juju all better Ridley is a Real #2 WR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes