PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT 2024 4th Round Pick - WR Javon Baker

"I make people in wheelchairs stand up.”
Is this an established saying or did he come up with it on his own? That's one of the funniest lines I've ever heard from a football player.

"I make people in wheelchairs stand up.”
Is this an established saying or did he come up with it on his own? That's one of the funniest lines I've ever heard from a football player.
I think he just came up with it. He might be my favorite pick so far. He has the mentality you’d expect from one of those alpha “give me the ball” receivers. Hasn’t been seen in a while in these parts.

I think he just came up with it. He might be my favorite pick so far. He has the mentality you’d expect from one of those alpha “give me the ball” receivers. Hasn’t been seen in a while in these parts.
Our BakerMayefield selections have me most intrigued…

Why don't you ask BB that question. He was in charge of constructing the crap that Wolf and Mayo are trying to build their way out of.

We can only make do with what we have and try to get more pieces along the way.

Tyquan Thornton might win the 100m dash in shorts with no pads but he isn't a football player from what he's shown the past 2 years.

I want football players not track stars. I'm not taking your strawman bait. You don't keep a bad player just because he runs a nice combine 40 time.
Why would I ask Bill Belichick that question? He was fired. He has no say over the construction of the team. You can't beat that rented mule anymore, it's already been returned the Donkey Shop.

Why would I ask Bill Belichick that question? He was fired. He has no say over the construction of the team. You can't beat that rented mule anymore, it's already been returned the Donkey Shop.
You're asking me where are all our deep threats? And I'm telling you the guy who constructed the team the past 10 years sucked donkey balls at finding deep threats.

That's why we're at SQUARE ONE now.

If you want to blame anyone else for the state of the Patriots roster except the guy in charge of putting together that roster you're just barking at the moon instead of laying the blame where it belongs.

You're asking me where are all our deep threats? And I'm telling you the guy who constructed the team the past 10 years sucked donkey balls at finding deep threats.

That's why we're at SQUARE ONE now.
You: Trade Thornton
Me: Fine, Who's your deep threat?
You: Thornton sucks!
Me: Great, who's your deep threat?
You: BB SUCKS!
Me: BB's gone. Who's your deep threat in the year of our lord 2024?
You: MOAR BB SUCKS

So..."I don't know" is a perfectly acceptable answer, you know.

You: Trade Thornton
Me: Fine, Who's your deep threat?
You: Thornton sucks!
Me: Great, who's your deep threat?
You: BB SUCKS!
Me: BB's gone. Who's your deep threat in the year of our lord 2024?
You: MOAR BB SUCKS

So..."I don't know" is a perfectly acceptable answer, you know.
You can choose to die on the Thornton hill and that's your choice. He's a crap player.

We will find out in camp who can take on the roles needed at WR for Alex Van Pelt's offense.

Let em compete first and the coaches will pick what roles they fit best after seeing them.

I don't pick the players and you can bark at the moon all you want, you just end up looking foolish.

This has been the conversation so far:

We need oranges.
Our previous grocery shopper bought apples.
Where are our oranges.
I don't buy the groceries, we have apples.
Stop picking on the grocery shopper, we fired him! I asked where our are damn oranges?
SMH. We just got a new grocery shopper, maybe he got some oranges, we'll have to see after we unbag the groceries at training camp.

You can choose to die on the Thornton hill and that's your choice. He's a crap player.

We will find out in camp who can take on the roles needed at WR for Alex Van Pelt's offense.

Let em compete first and the coaches will pick what roles they fit best after seeing them.

I don't pick the players and you can bark at the moon all you want, you just end up looking foolish.
I'm not dying on any hill.

You said 'Trade Thornton'. I said 'Great, Who's your deep threat then?' You've given 5 posts of irrelevant nonsense in response, instead of just saying 'Jalen Reagor' or some other receiver, or 'I don't know'.

New England acquires another weapon by drafting 6'1 202 lb WR Javon Baker from UCF.
Not sure why, but when I watched that Texas Tech TD multiple times over the last few months where he leans at the tape like a sprinter (where he supposedly reached 21.7mph), I got drawn to this guy. 2nd fastest WR speed at the Senior Bowl (practices/game) at 20.99mph and 4th overall. Don't let the 4.54 fool you.

If you watch the Steve Smith video that you posted, though, it is a hilarious but hopefully not interesting omen where SSJr asks what are the odd questions he got from teams, and Javon says why you drop so many balls... then proceeds to drop his phone. Another hilarious answer to SS's question abt which CB you've had trouble with. Regarding going up against Patrick Surtain at Alabama practices... "Damn. This football is really hard." Really like this dude. I like all the draft picks as people up to this point. Rooting for all of them hard.

Big 9.63" hands similar to Polk.

JJ, TT and Reagor are gone imo and I loved Reagor coming out :( Boutte as well.

Pop
Bourne
Polk
Baker are locks rn
Yeah I had some bittersweet feelings. Reagor's gonna stay bcz of return abilities. I think he's got some phoenix in him. He's gonna rise from the ashes. Can't drop another ball, though, if not he's gone.

Corny..but I’m excited.

I'm not dying on any hill.

You said 'Trade Thornton'. I said 'Great, Who's your deep threat then?' You've given 5 posts of irrelevant nonsense in response, instead of just saying 'Jalen Reagor' or some other receiver, or 'I don't know'.

We'll have to wait and see in training camp. There need to be qualifications to count as a "deep threat" and just running fast in shorts doesn't cut it for me. You're asking me to name an orange when we've had nothing but apples for years.

Randy Moss was a true deep threat. That's a really rare orange. We have new groceries coming in from this draft and hopefully one of them will emerge as a 'deep threat' but it's way too early to say if anyone on the roster qualifies for that label.

Maybe provide a little more? I see more of a Bourne type guy. Just like Polk but not quite as polished. More of a 2/3 at best.
JBake has a LOT more top end speed than Bourne.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
Back