PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2024 Mock Draft FAIL thread

I said I would avoid amateurs, but I just want to note that I think we have now reached peak "delusional fan":
1709060712305.png

I said I would avoid amateurs, but I just want to note that I think we have now reached peak "delusional fan":
View attachment 56738
Bears throw in this years 2nd and next years 2nd and we can talk about it. Essentially 2 1sts (if you consider Fields worth a 1st), 2 2nds and a 3rd which seems close.

Bears throw in this years 2nd and next years 2nd and we can talk about it. Essentially 2 1sts (if you consider Fields worth a 1st), 2 2nds and a 3rd which seems close.
Except that Chicago doesn't have a second this year. . . .

It's been a while, but PFF sneaks in under the wire with possibly the worst draft of all.

TRADES:
Patriots trade #3 to Denver for #12, #76, and a 2025 first
Patriots trade #34 to Pittsburgh for #51, #98, and #119

12. (VIA BRONCOS): QB MICHAEL PENIX JR., WASHINGTON
51. (VIA STEELERS): WR KEON COLEMAN, FLORIDA STATE
68. EDGE AUSTIN BOOKER, KANSAS
76. (VIA BRONCOS): WR JAVON BAKER, UCF
98. (VIA STEELERS VIA EAGLES): TE BEN SINNOTT, KANSAS STATE
103. RB JAYLEN WRIGHT, TENNESSEE
119. LB TOMMY EICHENBERG, OHIO STATE
137. QB MICHAEL PRATT, TULANE
180. S JAYLIN SIMPSON, AUBURN
193. (VIA JAGUARS): T DELMAR GLAZE, MARYLAND
231. (VIA BEARS): RB RASHEEN ALI, MARSHALL

I forgot, somehow PFF also seems to be the runnerup for worst draft, too.

[Reminder: when the JEST moved up from 6 to 3 a few years back, they coughed up two seconds that year and one the next.]

9. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (FROM CHICAGO): QB BO NIX, OREGON

Projected trade: Giants receive Pick No. 3; Patriots receive Pick Nos. 6, 47 and a 2025 third-round pick.
Projected trade: Patriots receive Pick No. 9, a 2025 second-round pick and a 2025 fourth-round pick; Bears receive Pick No. 6.

The Patriots are still in a position to take a quarterback after trading back twice. After two trades, they add a second-round pick in this draft and multiple Day 2 picks for next year. If they fell in love with a quarterback, they are less likely to trade back, but they seemingly are interested in Nix. They brought multiple people to Oregon’s pro day. If the Patriots can pull these trades off and land Nix, they could be one of the big winners of the draft.

Last edited:
It's been a while, but PFF sneaks in under the wire with possibly the worst draft of all.

TRADES:
Patriots trade #3 to Denver for #12, #76, and a 2025 first
Patriots trade #34 to Pittsburgh for #51, #98, and #119

12. (VIA BRONCOS): QB MICHAEL PENIX JR., WASHINGTON
51. (VIA STEELERS): WR KEON COLEMAN, FLORIDA STATE
68. EDGE AUSTIN BOOKER, KANSAS
76. (VIA BRONCOS): WR JAVON BAKER, UCF
98. (VIA STEELERS VIA EAGLES): TE BEN SINNOTT, KANSAS STATE
103. RB JAYLEN WRIGHT, TENNESSEE
119. LB TOMMY EICHENBERG, OHIO STATE
137. QB MICHAEL PRATT, TULANE
180. S JAYLIN SIMPSON, AUBURN
193. (VIA JAGUARS): T DELMAR GLAZE, MARYLAND
231. (VIA BEARS): RB RASHEEN ALI, MARSHALL

I would puke if that happened

I forgot, somehow PFF also seems to be the runnerup for worst draft, too.

[Reminder: when the JEST moved up from 6 to 3 a few years back, they coughed up two seconds that year and one the next.]

9. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (FROM CHICAGO): QB BO NIX, OREGON

Projected trade: Giants receive Pick No. 3; Patriots receive Pick Nos. 6, 47 and a 2025 third-round pick.
Projected trade: Patriots receive Pick No. 9, a 2025 second-round pick and a 2025 fourth-round pick; Bears receive Pick No. 6.

The Patriots are still in a position to take a quarterback after trading back twice. After two trades, they add a second-round pick in this draft and multiple Day 2 picks for next year. If they fell in love with a quarterback, they are less likely to trade back, but they seemingly are interested in Nix. They brought multiple people to Oregon’s pro day. If the Patriots can pull these trades off and land Nix, they could be one of the big winners of the draft.

Animated GIF

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back