PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Addressing Weaknesses

Status
Not open for further replies.
exactly and by the way Browns were seriously contemplating taking Wilson over Hading at 7 overall..

Really? Where did you get that one? And, if true, you think that that proves he is/will be a better player? BTW The Browns? Your using the Browns as validation for your opinions? Now that's a franchise I'd want to emulate of I was BB.

Andy, you're an insufferable homer. Don't be ashamed of it, don't try to qualify it or spend 10 minutes of your life writing out a long winded response. Just own it.

I stand by what I said. It wouldn't have mattered who they selected last night. You would have praised (wildly) the pick, even if it was Teblow or Michael Oher's neck cheese.

I actually think the pick is a good one. Not going to quibble there.

You are wrong. Is that short enough for you?

You are wrong. Is that short enough for you?

You are a hypocrite. You've just wasted 2 hours of your life baiting back and forth with posters that obviously don't agree with you. What could you possibly write that will change their way of thinking to yours? You should know by now that he is never going to change, he's been this way for years. Let it go. It's apparent that they liked Bryant and you didn't, enough said, move on. You do come off as kind of a homer though. "Paladin of the Patriot way."

Who was one of your guys in the first round? Did you even have one or were you just waiting to see who the Pats pick and decide it was that guy?

You are a hypocrite. You've just wasted 2 hours of your life baiting back and forth with posters that obviously don't agree with you. What could you possibly write that will change their way of thinking to yours? You should know by now that he is never going to change, he's been this way for years. Let it go. It's apparent that they liked Bryant and you didn't, enough said, move on. You do come off as kind of a homer though. "Paladin of the Patriot way."

Who was one of your guys in the first round? Did you even have one or were you just waiting to see who the Pats pick and decide it was that guy?

I do not follow college football close enough or study the draft to give an educated opinion of who to draft. I wanted defense, I would have been fine with a pass rusher, I named corner as a need.
It would truly be hypocritical of me to say that I have put enough effort into assessing the players in the draft to make an education pick.
If we drafted a WR, TE, OL, DL, QB I would have not been happy. I would have also recognized that my recliner is a poor place to make those decisions from as well.

I wasn't 'baiting posters' I was extending a long running disagreement with one poster having a different version of the same argument that has been going on for years.

No the real weakness was the Pass rush. IMO drafting McCourty signifies the fails that were/are Wheatly and Wilhite, unless 4-5 corners are necessary. The third round for the patriots has been a classic throw sh*t on the wall and see what sticks. Not counting last year Kaczur and Crable have been the only things that have stuck.

IMO....

Drafting Wheatley and Wilhite were clear examples of why you don't draft for need. Prior to the draft, the Patriots had waved "good bye" to Eugene Wilson, Randall Gay and Asante Samuel. Ty Law wasn't coming back and neither Hank Poteat, Atrell Hawkins or Chad Scott were viable solutions.

If selecting McCourty was a waste given the presence of Butler and Bodden, than why are the Jets being praised for taking Kyle Wilson after they traded for Cromartie and have Revis?

So the problem from Patriot fans must be the fact that it is McCourty and not Wilson... right?

Rumor was that Holmgren took Haden over Wilson because he came from the SEC. Why isn't that same argument viable here?

McCourty's Opponents (notable):

Cincinnati, Maryland, Pitt, Connecticut, Syracuse, West Virginia, Fresno State, North Carolina, Louisville, NC State, South Florida, and Kansas State.

Wilson's Opponents (notable):

Oregon, Fresno State, Utah State, Nevada, TCU, East Carolina, Washington, and Oklahoma.

Factor in an east coast bias and McCourty is the obvious choice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe