PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

After 5 weeks: what's our impression of the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're easily a top 3 team.

The second half of the Vikings game, the REAL Mark Sanchez returned to form. Unfortunately, they have a lights-out defense. I think as time goes on and cold weather sets in Sanchez will be average but the defense will remain strong. I see them ending at 11-5 or 10-6. That said, as an organization and collection of low-life human beings, they still suck epically.

Normally the Jets are the preseason champs. This year, they are the week four champs.

That's all I have to say.

I was especially blown away by the superlative play of Mark Sanchez in the last game where he confidently led the Jets to FIVE field goals with starting LOS 1st downs inside the 50 yard...especially that unbelievably orchestrated FG score where the Jets started on the Vikes 17 yard line.

Minnesota Vikings vs. New York Jets - Drive Chart - October 11, 2010 - ESPN

Heh...JO gets it

And another Jet fan had the unmitigated gall to say that the Patriot's ST play won the Miami game for us.(like it didn't count) Our defense still sucks? We'll have to wait until Sunday to answer that question. If Flacco tears the defense a new one, there has been zero progress with the kids on D. I think it will be a close game with turnovers being the difference. FG wins it as time expires. JMHO...

Jets Offense accounted for ONE TD vs Vikes.....that sure as heck isn't elite..

I wouldn't use the Vikings game as a barometer for Sanchez's development. That was a step back for him. 0 ints. When people see that stat line they forget his terrible throws (Winfield etc). I counted 2 easy picks that the inept Vikings secondary muffed. But overall Sanchez has improved.

That being said, the Jets are for real. I respect them and think they did a great job with their free agents. LT is a marvel. Taylor a beast. Just wait until Holmes gets going.

Tough to call the AFCE this year.

the thing about the Jets is they are a good not great team who can be exploited with the right offensive game plan. They don't have a great pass rush they just gamble a lot. They send a CB or a safety in to rush the QB. If you're team is stubborn like the Vikings were Monday and you keep sending your receivers out beyond 15 yards then you're an idiot.

when we had a better secondary we used to do that here and there also ... not as much as the jet's but we did it to get pressure on the QB.

A ball control offense with shorter routes and lots of throws to taller TE's can beat them ... bet on it. Get them to stop sending their little guys to rush and you can control them for 60 minutes because they aren't strong enough on the DL to get a rush or to even control the game.

As for Sanchez we should give them a bit of their own medicine and send Chung or McCourty in there a few times to ring his bell.

Last edited:
Well, I hate to say it but the Jets are going to be hard for anyone to beat this year as long as they continue playing like this. Their defense is crazy, Sanchez is completing enough passes and isn't turning over the ball and LT is playing great again.

For Christ's sake, Adam Carriker is not a good player.

As Ben Affleck would say, "Get that through your head!"

The fact that you are knocking the 09 and 10 draft classes only reaffirms what I've known for a long, long time: your posts are good for entertainment purposes, but that's about it.

Jack, don't have a stroke. I am not saying Carriker is an ALL PRO, but right now he has more results than any on our D Line. He could have contributed greatly. Are you trying to tell me that Carriker is less of a find than Wright or Warren or could not start over those two? I think not sir. He is only like 25 years old and has an upside and potential. Does Warren? Switching draft choice positions for a kid with his potential would have been worth it. He is playing pretty well right now. Admit that.

Please point out the ALL PROS in our last two Drafts to date? What am I missing. Oh yeah...upside and potential.
DW Toys

Last edited:
yeah...OK...now you're telling me what to think and and insinuating I'm a total "blue sky" moron

No, not at all. I'm just saying that Sanchez hasn't thrown an INT this year, has shown the ability to throw left, has improved his progressions, and is miles ahead of where he is last year. You made a sarcastic reply with zero substance, and I stated that, while he isn't a Pro Bowler, denying that he's improved is like denying the color of the sky. Maybe you're blind? Or just in denial. Considering your next quote where you're obsessed with asses, it might be the latter.

...right...got it Mr. Casserly's Colon Cleaner...I notice you zipped your big mouth when it came out I was right and you were a HUGE D!CK about Casserly's credibility.

Actually, that's not true.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...moss-had-confrontation-page4.html#post2277173

And if you call bringing up facts being a HUGE D!CK, then I guess I was a HUGE D!CK. And nice insult calling me Casserly's Colon Cleanser, Biff Tannen. You got any more scathing insults from the 1950's that you want to throw at me?

Stick your opinions of my views where they belong.

No thanks, I'll keep pointing failures in logic when I see them. And by the way, what's your problem with me recently? Your passive aggressive style at attempting (poorly) to combat my posts without directly quoting them is hilariously pathetic, but we used to get a long pretty well and I have to say that I'm confused as to where the anger is coming from. When you get over your obsession with men's asses, perhaps you can let me know.

I got a bad tooth ache....and I'm aggressive/aggressive not passive/aggressive...:enranged:

Casserly's whatever you want to call it about the Moss/Brady "incident" has been debunked by the parties involved.I prefer to continue to hate his guts...aggressively..:violent:

that being said, I admit I was being a huge d1ck in my previous post...give me a pass...oh, and the colon cleanser remark stems from another sport and another team, to wit the Sox and the "Cona Colon Cleanser Collective" that worships and adores everything the GBOT(God Bless Our Ter) does. That doesn't apply here.

I got a bad tooth ache....and I'm aggressive/aggressive not passive/aggressive...:enranged:

Casserly's whatever you want to call it about the Moss/Brady "incident" has been debunked by the parties involved.I prefer to continue to hate his guts...aggressively..:violent:

that being said, I admit I was being a huge d1ck in my previous post...give me a pass...oh, and the colon cleanser remark stems from another sport and another team, to wit the Sox and the "Cona Colon Cleanser Collective" that worships and adores everything the GBOT(God Bless Our Ter) does. That doesn't apply here.

Fair enough then. Take some vicodin and melt into the couch. :D As for Casserly, he was pretty far off on that one, from what I've collected. I just wasn't willing to shrug him off right away because of his past of hitting on some of the stories. He missed on this one. It happens. For his sake, I hope he fired/raped/killed whomever gave him that information.

Jack, don't have a stroke. I am not saying Carriker is an ALL PRO, but right now he has more results than any on our D Line. He could have contributed greatly. Are you trying to tell me that Carriker is less of a find than Wright or Warren or could not start over those two? I think not sir. He is only like 25 years old and has an upside and potential. Does Warren? Switching draft choice positions for a kid with his potential would have been worth it. He is playing pretty well right now. Admit that.

I'm not admitting anything. Carriker sucks, he always has, always will. He has 2.5 sacks in his entire career, apparently was out of football last season, and couldn't even stick on the team that drafted him, which incidentally happens to be one of the worst in the league.

Please point out the ALL PROS in our last two Drafts to date? What am I missing. Oh yeah...upside and potential.
DW Toys

LOL.

So you're really using the fact that we don't have any All Pros out of our 2010 draft against them? Hilarious.

I'm not admitting anything. Carriker sucks, he always has, always will. He has 2.5 sacks in his entire career, apparently was out of football last season, and couldn't even stick on the team that drafted him, which incidentally happens to be one of the worst in the league.

LOL.

So you're really using the fact that we don't have any All Pros out of our 2010 draft against them? Hilarious.

Wait, you were the one measuring how our last two Draft classes were the best in the world. I said Carriker would have been a good addition and he is playing very well and has more production than any of our D-Line. Check it out please. Your response is he will always been terrible. I just beg to differ.

Oh I know some facts. Not as many as you. Carriker had an injured shoulder last year. In fact injured the last two. Look at his rookie season Mr. Facts Jack. He was pretty decent.

I am sure glad that you know more than Shanny who took a very low risk chance on him. We opted for Dameon Lewis and Warren. Nice!

The point is how are the Jets in our eyes. I say they have made better FA pick ups and trades which is obviously a fair statement. I said Carriker for a swap of picks would have been a good pick up.

You chastise people for not doing their homework and you never do.

Jack...I kind of missed our pillow talk for awhile. You make things funner!
DW Toys

Fact: The Jets are playing better than I expected, specially after game 1.
Fact: The Jets have a very talented team and an easy upcoming schedule.
Fact: The Jets could win the next 10 Super Bowls in a row and they would STILL SUCK!

Right now the jets look like a more complete football team than the patriots, the jets put up as many points as the patriots did against the bills without the bills doing the same to the pats to make it competitive.

The one thing the jets don't do as good as the pats is pass the ball, but the patriots were held to 14 points by the jets D and the jets still put up 28 against the pats.

The jets are impressive, that being said i wish them nothing but the worst.

Ok

Rex Ryan is still Fat an Obnoxious.

Sanchez is performing better than I thought b/c of their run game.

Ultimately I still think we are a better team and should have won if we showed up to play in the second half.

Jets HC or not, Rex Ryan is pure entertainment.

I can't believe it's another Jet thread ... :confused3:

Next week we can recycle it ... "what's our impression after our impression of the jet's". :deadhorse:

Great to see another thread on jets. I thank you so much guys. I always knew you had heart for the jets. Again, thank you!!!!

You can say what you want. The Jets r a good @ the moment. Still & all Sanchez will ultimately be their downfall. Can u honestly say u trust him in January? All of the teams with your so called elite defenses have sorry Qb's IMO. The only team with an elite defense with a QB that scares anyone is the Steelers.

Based on what will Sanchez be our downfall?

Does it kill you that much to admit that the Jets might actually have a franchise QB in the making who could supplant Brady as AFC East's elite?

One other comment was that Sanchez doesn't perform well during day games...

So the evaluation from Pat fans, Sanchez is only good, at night, between the hours of 8 and 10:30 pm, when the temperature is between 55 - 70 degrees, a slight wind of 5 mph, and only when his hair is cut to a certain length. :rolleyes:

Give me a break, the kid has improved greatly, and has shown the potential to be a very good QB in this league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes