PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are you "almost" glad now that deflategate happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Now mind you, we all know how horrible all of this BS has been over the last two years. But man... Winning this 5th after all Brady, the Patriots, and this fanbase has been through just makes this so much sweeter.

It's like this win took care of everything. It's even feeling like Brady just won back the majority of the court of public opinion, something we thought would be impossible.

The whole deflategate saga was a nightmare at times that seemed to get nothing but worse and worse. Now mind you again I say almost, because none of it should have ever happened. But now it just feels like it was part of the journey.

glad is not the right word since I am not glad when a bug hits my windshield.......I just hit the washer and have it rubbed off

This is ridiculous. It permanently stained the reputation of one of the finest competitors the sports world has ever known for something he didn't do.

No, I am not glad - or "almost glad" - it happened.

Why win back the public court of opinion when you shouldn't have had to win it back in the first place? If DefameGate never happened the conversations right now would be totally different and even more positively in support of Brady as the GOAT.

It does make the win feel sweeter, but I'd rather have a first round pick from last year who would likely help our team for years to come as well as this year's fourth rounder. And, of course, I'd rather not have seen Brady's name dragged through the mud and had our team called "cheaters" because idiots don't understand middle school science.

No.

OK. Maybe in the sense that one is "glad" at two in the morning, when one has imbibed way too much and eaten a less than ideal combination of foods and finally upchucks on the street, ruining a perfectly good pair of sneakers.

Why win back the public court of opinion when you shouldn't have had to win it back in the first place? If DefameGate never happened the conversations right now would be totally different and even more positively in support of Brady as the GOAT.

The conversation after SB 49 was dominated by deflategate rather than putting Brady, Belichick, and the team's success into perspective. They and we fans were robbed of that. It's a little better this time around, but still the conversation seems to be "OK, we acknowledge they're the best. Now let's find something else to talk about."

Yup. Figured you all were going to take it in the literal sense. Real deep you all are. :cool:

No. The story ruined the build-up to SB49 for fans and created a distraction for the team. The story hung over the entire offseason in 2015 and the 2015 season. This year, the lost a first round pick and Brady missed 4 games because of it. In the process, we learned about the corruption and favoritism that the league operates under. I really enjoyed the 2 SB wins and the trip to the AFCCG last year, but the whole episode has left me thinking something I never would have considered as recently as 3 years ago: If the NFL fails or loses significant popularity, I won't be upset.

Not even close to glad, but I certainly care less now. **** em, those bitter, insecure, vindictive science-denying crybaby losers got their pound of flesh. And it didn't even matter because the Pats are just that much better than everybody else in this garbage excuse for a league.

The joy I felt when the pats won the game... There is no way that could feel any better, regardless of some stupid witch hunt. I was high for over a day after that td. I still am on a high.

**** ****dell! His douchebaggery really pisses me off; honestly, I have lost time off my life because of that bag of crap. I hate the nfl, espn and all the bags of trash that railroaded Tom. I would never wish this upon anyone.

I read a NYT piece yesterday about Brady. The comments were filled with stuff about "his integrity."

You can call these people out for not knowing what they're talking about, but holding back the tide of public opinion is a hopeless endeavor. People want to believe he's a bad guy, and Deflategate is the perfect hook upon which they attach their bias.

OT - in that NYT piece comments I had to call out some Houston lady - here's what she said - it's staggering in its stupidity:
What's not to hate? Beyond his questionable integrity, here is a guy who many American males in particular envy for his lifestyle and success, if not his manner of keeping a young fashion model as his partner. However, after even more success in his field or on the field, the biggest story (around Houston at least) seems to him whining about his missing jersey to the point where the Texas Rangers are involved. So, he is a loser after all if this is his biggest concern these days. With such values, no wonder he and our president are friends.

No. But I am tired now of it being brought up at every moment of enjoyment not just by the media but our own guys . Goodell sucks and he can F himself but repeated messaging and mentioning it by everyone giving him the proverbial finger just keeps him and the controversy in the news .At some point we should just enjoy the team instead of hating on anyone else .Just my opinion.

Not Glad, but not bummed like I used to be about it.

There is a sort of cool FU quality about it now ;-)

It did completely ruin the time between the AFC Championship and Superbowl 49. But to a degree, it actually made SB49 and 51 a little sweeter. Even though they would have rocked regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes