PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick’s Trade Value.

PATS16N0

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
New England gave up a 1st, a 4th and a 7th for him, and that was before the twenty year long NFL Dynasty/reign of terror/Dynasty. You have to weigh that against his age, but even with a 50% legacy discount, that’s like a 1st and a 3rd, easy. A truly talented team with draft-cash but weaknesses at the helm would take that. There is a precedent, obviously— him.

He likes NFL history and he would likely be the first NFL coach to basically trade himself twice. It sort of augments his legacy narrative. He never gets fired. He ****s off for draft picks. We get a nice bounty and a fresh start with new star spangled bombastic AF red, white and blue uniforms with stars on them and ****.

Kraft would obviously know, but Belichick would get credit for the trade and look like a total G.

Belichick ‘trading himself’ for a 1st and change turns his next team into a media-circus, they will probably get Hard Knocks, it sets us up nicely for a real rebuild, and he gets a media-crafted legacy-fixer say-goodbye-to-the-NFL-on-a-winning-note opportunity, after making trade history, with a new, well constructed, hungry ass team that he can bring renewed credibility and goals to.

Or he fails more without Brady I dunno he’s on the other team now who gives AF.

You might roll your eyes, but it’s a win, win, win for everyone, and Belichick has trade value. The “everybody sucks but me” pitch isn’t without merit. Hopefully this offseason he starts shopping himself around. Most gangsta’ possible way to write the last page of the Brady/Beiichick Patriots era, with a self trade— He doesn’t have to resign in shame, he gets set up, we get set up, and everybody’s happy, except Mac Jones who is fired.

BELICHICK I HOPE YOU READ THIS.

We don't know what Belichick's contract says. It may be something which plays year to year, or he can terminate it if he wants.

I think if we moved on from Bill he’s calling his own shot and Kraft owes him that decency.

I think if we moved on from Bill he’s calling his own shot and Kraft owes him that decency.
Trading a coach is not like trading a player. The coach has to be on board with the situation and already have a deal in place with the new team. So basically you would need to give other teams permission to talk to Belichick, hope a match is made, then work out trade compensation. (And technically it is not considered a trade as much as it is one team paying compensation to another)

But you cannot trade a coach who doesn't want to be traded. You can fire him, sure, but you can't trade him.

We don't know what Belichick's contract says. It may be something which plays year to year, or he can terminate it if he wants.
I highly doubt Kraft would allow a contract that just allows him to bail on any given off season. I can’t see it running that much longer given his age but a trade allows all parties to part ways rather epically and to everybody’s gain.

Trading a coach is not like trading a player. The coach has to be on board with the situation and already have a deal in place with the new team. So basically you would need to give other teams permission to talk to Belichick, hope a match is made, then work out trade compensation. (And technically it is not considered a trade as much as it is one team paying compensation to another)

But you cannot trade a coach who doesn't want to be traded. You can fire him, sure, but you can't trade him.
Belichick is literally the GM.

No one giving a 1 for a 70 plus YO coach. Just don’t see it
What did the Rams give up for lucky ass Matt Stafford? Teams will give **** up to “put them over the edge” and there’s no reason Belichick wouldn’t have strong trade value.

The Patriots haven’t sucked nearly long enough. Any team can expect to get one of the best coaches in the league.

I highly doubt Kraft would allow a contract that just allows him to bail on any given off season.
And I highly doubt that Belichick signed a deal which had him tied down to a specific situation for an extended period of time.

And I highly doubt that Belichick signed a deal which had him tied down to a specific situation for an extended period of time.
I don’t see any reason to think that isn’t what the situation is. Kraft moved on from Brady for Belichick.

Belichick is literally the GM.
No **** - and Bob Kraft is the owner. Owner > GM

I was responding to a post that said "Kraft owes (Belichick) the decency (of calling his own shot)." My point was Kraft couldn't send Belichick somewhere against his will.

If the Patriots ever move on from
bill its going to get very ugly that day.
Maybe Wolf and or Groh stay but that about it.

I don’t see any reason to think that isn’t what the situation is. Kraft moved on from Brady for Belichick.
Yeah and that was 4 years ago.... tell me, do you think Belichick has had his contract extended a long period of time (or at all) over the past 4 years?

No **** - and Bob Kraft is the owner. Owner > GM

I was responding to a post that said "Kraft owes (Belichick) the decency (of calling his own shot)." My point was Kraft couldn't send Belichick somewhere against his will.
Oh. Yeah, they would obviously both be on board. Belichick to negotiate the trade and Kraft to agree to it. Belichick would trade Belichick right now according to Belichick’s history of out-going trades.

Yeah and that was 4 years ago.... tell me, do you think Belichick has had his contract extended a long period of time (or at all) over the past 4 years?
That’s why he would ideally be in a position to get the Patriots draft picks for an early exodus out of his contract to a built potential-winner he only wants to coach a few seasons for. The draft picks could even be for the years after he plans to retire.

Oh. Yeah, they would obviously both be on board. Belichick to negotiate the trade and Kraft to agree to it. Belichick would trade Belichick right now according to Belichick’s history of out-going trades.
That's one helluva conflict of interest you've set up there where Belichick negotiates on behalf of his old team and his new team. I doubt the NFL would even allow that.

That's one helluva conflict of interest you've set up there where Belichick negotiates on behalf of his old team and his new team. I doubt the NFL would even allow that.
That’s an added perk, to it, though, is that it allows Belichick to make NFL history again instead of an unceremonious parting of the ways. We get draft capital for even 3 years down the road when he won’t be coaching anymore, and he gets a built-team with a quarterback.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back