PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick’s Trade Value.

Krafty would likely have to kick in a portion of Bill's exorbitant salary in this scenario, and maybe an extra sweetener as well if Bob wants to extricate himself from the entire Friends & Family hive.
I'd throw in Boney T and a gunner of their choice.

That’s an added perk, to it, though, is that it allows Belichick to make NFL history again instead of an unceremonious parting of the ways. We get draft capital for even 3 years down the road when he won’t be coaching anymore, and he gets a built-team with a quarterback.
Did you get that stash from Chandler? You should know his stuff is dirtier than the proverbial Woodstock brown tabs.

if bill goes to a team with a good qb and a decent team....i can see him win the SB

Zero... I don't see him restarting

I would not be surprised if BB will retire at the end of this season
My 2 cents of course

Bill's here until he breaks Shula's record. Things will get better. You might as well kick back and enjoy the ride.

giphy.gif

if bill goes to a team with a good qb and a decent team....i can see him win the SB
I could see Bill coach the Commanders, Bears or Steelers.

They have 5hit at starting QB like NE, but the Giants would make a hard push for BB.

Daboll is finished.

Probably a first round pick
I think so too. My guess is Jerry would give that up in a heartbeat to get Bill. And from the way Bill was gushing about Dallas's team building prior to us playing them, I think he would love to go there.

I could see Bill coach the Commanders, Bears or Steelers.
The Commanders is where Bill grew up watching his father coach Navy. And right now Ron Rivera has to be on the hot seat with that horrific performance vs the Bears.

Krafty would likely have to kick in a portion of Bill's exorbitant salary in this scenario, and maybe an extra sweetener as well if Bob wants to extricate himself from the entire Friends & Family hive.
I'd throw in Boney T and a gunner of their choice.
It’s not like trading a player where the new team simply inherits the old contract.

Belichick and the (hypothetical) new team would have to come to an agreement and then compensation owed to the Patriots is figured out which, if agreed upon, terminates the old contract.

Idk. His age is a huge issue with any trade. This isn't Kraft trading for a 48 year old coach who if he works out is here for a few decades. This is someone else trading for a 71 year old coach who is very likely going to call it a day in less than 5 seasons and will have a very short timeframe to a build a team and a program. You are basically trading for Bill the x's and o's guy to hopefully take an already good/great team and hoping he pushes them over the top. Which really isn't maximizing the perceived value of what a coach can do for a franchise.

Payton went for a first, but he's 59 and could feasibly be the Broncos coach for a decade.

It’s not like trading a player where the new team simply inherits the old contract.

Belichick and the (hypothetical) new team would have to come to an agreement and then compensation owed to the Patriots is figured out which, if agreed upon, terminates the old contract.
That's exactly what happened when we traded with the Jets to get Bill. Also, Gruden as well when he went to Tampa from Oakland.

If I was the owner of a talented but underperforming team like the Chargers, I absolutely would give up a 1st.
A coach isn't a QB though. The aren't just an engine you put into a good team and let them go ham. Belichick is going to come to a team like the Chargers, a team he did not build at all, and is going to spend the entire first year getting the team to learn his system and his concept. He's also going to be evaluating players and seeing if they fit his philosophy and what he wants to do with the team. He's also likely bringing in all his guys so the whole team from top to bottom will have to adjust.

That's a lot for a guy that isn't going to stick around long. One year doesn't get you the value of what you want out of a coach. He's not a player who can be a mercenary.

New England gave up a 1st, a 4th and a 7th for him, and that was before the twenty year long NFL Dynasty/reign of terror/Dynasty. You have to weigh that against his age, but even with a 50% legacy discount, that’s like a 1st and a 3rd, easy. A truly talented team with draft-cash but weaknesses at the helm would take that. There is a precedent, obviously— him.

He likes NFL history and he would likely be the first NFL coach to basically trade himself twice. It sort of augments his legacy narrative. He never gets fired. He ****s off for draft picks. We get a nice bounty and a fresh start with new star spangled bombastic AF red, white and blue uniforms with stars on them and ****.

Kraft would obviously know, but Belichick would get credit for the trade and look like a total G.

Belichick ‘trading himself’ for a 1st and change turns his next team into a media-circus, they will probably get Hard Knocks, it sets us up nicely for a real rebuild, and he gets a media-crafted legacy-fixer say-goodbye-to-the-NFL-on-a-winning-note opportunity, after making trade history, with a new, well constructed, hungry ass team that he can bring renewed credibility and goals to.

Or he fails more without Brady I dunno he’s on the other team now who gives AF.

You might roll your eyes, but it’s a win, win, win for everyone, and Belichick has trade value. The “everybody sucks but me” pitch isn’t without merit. Hopefully this offseason he starts shopping himself around. Most gangsta’ possible way to write the last page of the Brady/Beiichick Patriots era, with a self trade— He doesn’t have to resign in shame, he gets set up, we get set up, and everybody’s happy, except Mac Jones who is fired.

BELICHICK I HOPE YOU READ THIS.
Rolling my eyes.

A coach isn't a QB though. The aren't just an engine you put into a good team and let them go ham. Belichick is going to come to a team like the Chargers, a team he did not build at all, and is going to spend the entire first year getting the team to learn his system and his concept. He's also going to be evaluating players and seeing if they fit his philosophy and what he wants to do with the team. He's also likely bringing in all his guys so the whole team from top to bottom will have to adjust.

That's a lot for a guy that isn't going to stick around long. One year doesn't get you the value of what you want out of a coach. He's not a player who can be a mercenary.
There's a good chance this will happen for sure

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
Back