PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady: 11th best QB in the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posting on a Patriots board is "Patriots obsession"? Interesting logic.

And this topic is not inflammatory, it's intended to start a discussion and debate. When I try I can be as obnoxious a troll as you've ever seen (like when I started posting here a few years ago under a different name), but I prefer this kind of discussion to mindless bashing.
only a troll would do somthing that stupid and admit it .lol lol.are you going to tell mommy that we are picking on you .boohoo whaaaaaaaaaaaa lol lol

Golly gee genius, you got me. I give up. :rolleyes: Wow, how did you figure that out so easily? :rolleyes:

I stand by what I said about SD. Phillip Rivers is having a great year with sub par receivers. Brady, well, isn't. Notice I said RECEIVERS. Why are you bringing tight ends and running backs into the conversation? Gates is not a WR, and neither is Tomlinson or Turner.

If you want to say that SD has better weapons overall than the Pats then maybe you have a point. But then I'll just point to 2001 and 2003 where Brady led the Patriots to the Super Bowl with no semblence of a running game and not much in terms of receiver options. What's his excuse this year, with a top notch running game?

In 2001 and 2003 he had good WRs that were established in the system to rely on? We've been over this.

And obviously you have not watched our games in depth this season. Our running game is not top notch. It's been nothing but average-at-best since the Cincy game.

I said I'd not respond again, but I just have to ask: How can you discuss a QBs success and then limit the discussion only to his WRs? Tomlinson and Gates are two of Rivers favorite targets in the passing game, how can you not say that they count in the discussion of how well the QB is doing? You're not making sense there.

You're saying Brady is stinking and Rivers is doing well and both have 'sub par recievers', but then you say that Gates and Tomlinson have to be left out of the conversation.. Well, um, they've caught 116 of Rivers' passes and scored 11 of the 20 passing TDs, so I'm not sure how you can possibly exclude them. Silly.

And Tomlinson's running game does affect the passing game, no matter what you'd like to say during this anti-Brady-fest.

Brady is making a lot of bad throws and missing his receivers even when he gets all the time in the world. So that excuse doesn't work either.

You don't know that, you have no idea what the route was the WR was supposed to be running.

Wake up and face the facts. Your binky is not playing well.

Wake up and face the facts: The Patriots are 9-4, and your pathetic Raiders are basement feeding again. I'll take a 9-4 wet 'binky' over 2-11 and trolling on other teams boards anyday.

Why? I don't know. I never really understood the god-like status Brady has in New England. He's a fine QB, but does any football player deserve this kind of adulation?

It would be a mystery to a fan of the Raiders. Your last 'football god' QB was Rich Gannon. How far did that get you? The thing about a great QB is that fans of opposing teams are going to hate them. I hate Manning. Why? Because he's good.

If Brady WASN'T good, you wouldn't spend so much of your time here dwelling on this team. Do I care about the Raiders QB? No, I honestly don't even know who it is. Why? Because the Raiders suck and no one cares. You hate Brady because you KNOW how good he is, and hate that he's playing for another team that has been a rival in the past. (not lately, as your team hasn't been competative enough to form rivalries in several years now)

Is there a church of St. Brady in Boston somewhere? If there is, I guess that explains the cries of sacriledge when I criticize him.

No, the arguments come when you post deragatory things that are misleading and false. Which is what you've done.

You ignore 80% turnover and the lack of good pass protection and the lack of a consistent rushing game and chose simply to attack Brady as though he's to blame for our offensive struggles. Well, those tactics might work on a Raiders board, but not here, chum.

Last edited:
Brady #1 QB in the NFL:

1). Brady
2). Brett Favre
2). Ben R
2). Trent Dilfer
2). Kurt Warner
2). Brad Johnson
7). Everyone else

As measured by superbowl rings.

What's that, rings are a crappy way to measure QBs? So is QB rating, not as crappy but far from the best. Oh, and small sample sizes suck too.

Who's better?

Peyton Manning
Drew Brees
Carson Palmer
Damon Huard
Tony Romo
Phillip Rivers
Donovan McNabb, before the injury
Marc Bulger
David Carr
Mark Brunell
Just as good as Brady: JP Losman

Don't shoot the messenger. All these QBs have a higher qb rating than Brady does so far in 2006. Whats up wit DAT!

Yup. That proves it. The infallible "QB rating" which is the be all and end all of QB analysis. :rolleyes:

Actually, TB hasn't looked all that good this year. He has not been playing at a top level (overall; he has looked great in several games). However, I'm not yet ready to say the Losman is his equal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents