PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady = Greatest of all time. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
now wait a doggone minit...I thought THIS guy was the GOAT????

manning-face.jpg

There is no period....

Montana is still the best QB I have ever seen play the game.

However,Brady is moving closer to the top of that mountain with another SB title should he get that.

That's just apologetic bull****. Montana didn't lose a SB, fine. But it's a team game. Brady still put us within 2 minutes and a circus catch of the single greatest achievement in sports, EVER...despite 5 sacks and an o-line that wet the bed. If rings are a measure of greatness, Brady still trails Bradshaw. Not enough people appreciate what Brady did last season...14-2, 9:1 TD/INT ratio, and unanimous MVP despite a team full of rookies and scrubs. That @$##ing loss to the Jets made everyone forget about how utterly outstanding Brady's regular season was.

Anyway, for better or worse, ring tally will always be a factor when comparing Brady vs Montana. I for one cannot wait (not "hope"..."wait") for Brady to get that 4th ring AND beat Montana's postseason record and finally seal his place as G.O.A.T. Book it.

now wait a doggone minit...I thought THIS guy was the GOAT????

manning-face.jpg

Ha,ha,ha,ha..Lmao..

Ninja, where is the Manning Goat pic?

09000d5d82601cee_video_rhr_280_210.jpg

No one man can have all that power.

Am I the only one who was upset BB had them run it three times then kick a FG inside the 5 when Brady and Gronk were both 1 TD away from setting post-season records?

Am I the only one who was upset BB had them run it three times then kick a FG inside the 5 when Brady and Gronk were both 1 TD away from setting post-season records?

Yeah I assumed they were going to make at least one attempt to set the record considering they were still in the game at that time.....however, I was more pissed that Hernandez was still playing RB at the end of the game.

Don't get me wrong I loved that new element to this Offense and, he did do a damn good job running. It just wasn't worth the risk at that point.

But as they say, "All's well that ends well". This was a beauty of a game and so much fun to watch. Just two more games boys!

Yup :)

Joe Montana is still the best QB. Tom Brady will tie him if he wins a fourth Superbowl. But even then Montana was 4-0 in Superbowls. After tonight Brady might improve his post-season TD/int ratio but I'm not sure if it would surpass Montana there either.

All the passing stats and records after 2004 are completely inflated and must be seen from that context. In 2011 there were almost a dozen QB's with over 4000 passing yards, while in the 1980's one QB in the entire league might break 4000 yards in any season.

So what, it's not like Brady played bad in his Super Bowl loss.

Brady: 29 48 266 60.4 5.54 19 1 0 82.5

The biggest issue was the over-reliance on Moss. He got sacked, didn't have the short down options he has now, and then when he went deep to his #1 guy that year Randy Moss proved he's no Steve Smith;)

Pats should have snatched Smith last year when he wanted out of Carolina instead of Ochocinco. They may have had a repeat of the perfect season this year if you consider what Smith did with Cam Newton and for other guys like Delhomme.

Moss was good, but when it comes to fighting and coming down with that ball when the game is on the line or catching the craziest of throws, I'm not sure there's a receiver that did it better than Steve Smith. Even Gronk's catch tonight pales. I have seen Smith take the most God awful passes and turn them into pure gold time and time again.

How these two never hooked up throughout their career is beyond me. Smith won a Triple Crown with Jake Delhomme in a John Fox offense. That says a lot about your ability to be the go to guy even when everybody KNOWS you are the go-to-guy. Only 7 receivers have done this in history.

Smith was your go to guy anywhere on the field. Middle, slants, side line, backed up, deep...didn't matter and everyone knew it. Carolina had a tight end, though some people may not know it, but when it came down to it, you played Smith as a tight end. If you needed a direct snap, you snapped to Smith. If you needed a punt return for a touchdown, you would let Smith return your punts. He was just so freaking explosive. I'm still hoping it happens somehow.

For some reason the Pats kept trying to get all 60 yards they needed to tie the FG in one throw, even though they had 3 time outs. Brady may have missed the first one, but the sack and the other 2 deep balls were about the best you can ask out of your guy. One was very much catchable but Moss expected Brady to throw for 80 yards in the air on a roll out I guess. Did they really pull that off in practice?

To this day the play calling leaves me wondering. Did they ever explain it?

Last edited:
I think he is for sure. if he wins another SB this season then there shouldnt be much doubt!

I think he is for sure. if he wins another SB this season then there shouldnt be much doubt!
1 more Superbowl ring & MVP should just about do it. 2 rings makes it undeniable.

We are a lucky fan base.

Would have been nice to see but I was not upset.

More important records to have like 4 rings for a QB.

Last edited:

I was completely pissed BB didn't let us go for the records....WTF!!!??? Doesn't make sense to me. But oh well, there's always next game....;)

He needs just one more ring! Then he will be the best ever hands down no questions!

Montana never had 50 td's in a season

Montana never went 16-0

Montana never won 21 games in a row

Montana never had 5000 yards passing

Montana had J.Rice and J.Talory R.Craig and a slew of other great players and a damn good TE in Clark ! Most of his career, Brady had T.Brow and D.Patten and Branch and Givens during the SB runs! Oh and can't forget A.Smith! as his RB! Wiggins lol! How about JR.Redmond? Can't forget at JJ.Stokes! or Bethel Johnson lol

Bottom line, Montana had awesome players around him, Brady during the SB years had nobody's on offence....Now in 2007 and this year brady has alot better talent around him but still IMO no where near the talent Montana had during there runs....I'll call the defense on both teams a tie since the 49ers had R.Lott and Haley and some other good players.

Brady has played at a level no other QB or as great as any QB since 2007.. barring his recovery year.. He is head and shoulders a better, more dynamic player now than he was when he won his early SB's.

2007-2011
Brees: 68.4%, 23,972 yds, 7.7 y/a, 175 td (5.6%), 82 int (2.6%), 98.9 rating
Brady: 66.5%, 18,415 yds, 8.2 y/a, 153 td (6.8%), 37 int (1.6%), 107.3 rating

Obviously Brady missed the 2008 season.

I put this statistical comparison up because since 2007, I think only Brees could approximate what Brady has done. And, as you can see, it really isn't that close. Yes, Brees has more yards and TD, but that's a function of him not missing a season. Here are their average seasons:

Brees: 68.4%, 4794 yds, 35 td, 16 int, 98.9 rating
Brady: 66.5%, 4604 yds, 38 td, 9 int, 107.3 rating

So yeah, as great as Brees has been, Brady has been even better. Amazing.

Until Brady wins his 4th ring i dont think there's any place for discussion.

As usual, I heart Tom Brady.

Tom Brady is on a mission this year. And when Tom brings that focus and that edge he's going to be very hard to stop for ANY team. :D

Until Brady wins his 4th ring i dont think there's any place for discussion.

I disagree. Back to back championships, 3 in 4 years is incredibly impressive during the salary cap era. Just as some people discount Brady's accomplishments because of the era of passing rules, one should also give credit to the accomplishments in an era of parity.

How you measure and balance each of those things against each other, I don't know, but it was definitely easier to be a dynasty twenty years ago, and that needs to be factored into the equation.

He needs just one more ring! Then he will be the best ever hands down no questions!

Montana never had 50 td's in a season
Montana never had 5000 yards passing

Montana had J.Rice and J.Talory R.Craig and a slew of other great players and a damn good TE in Clark !

Joe Montana is still the best QB; if Brady wins a fourth he will tie Montana.
Even after Brady's epic performance yesterday his TD/into ratio only started to get closer to Montana's post-season TD/into ratio:
- Montana 45 TD, 21 int in 23 playoff games, 95.6 QB rating.
- Brady 36 TD 17 int in 20 playoff games, 89 QB rating including last night.
Joe Montana is also 4-0 in Superbowls, and your memory is also incorrect. Just like Brady, Joe Montana won a few Superbowls in the early 1980's with no-name offensive players around him, and Montana came through with game-winning playoff touchdown passes multiple times, which Brady has yet to match (though he has the FG-winning drives on his record). 20 years from now fans similar to yourself may do the same to Brady where they claim Brady was surrounded by amazing players like Randy Moss, Gronk, Hernandez, Welker, Ridley/Vereen, etc and forget about the no-name offense the Patriots had in the early 2000's.

All the passing stats and records after 2004 in the Flag Football era are completely inflated. This past season almost a dozen QB's passed over 4000 yards while in the 1980's maybe one QB in the entire league would pass over 4000 yards in a season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents