PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady to Fox after he retires

Disney (FOX Sports owner) will have him appearing at Disney and on their sports network (ESPN)

Disney (FOX Sports owner) will have him appearing at Disney and on their sports network (ESPN)
Disney didn't get Fox Sports or Fox News in the takeover because they already owned Sports and News companies so had to leave them out in order for the purchase of 20th century etc to be approved.

It wouldn't surprise me if this was strategy to

His first retirement cancelation proves that spending time with the family is just window dressing. My cynical side thinks this is just a way to ensure he makes at least $20M playing football until he retires again. Does the TV contract have any impact on taking an ownership stake in the Dolphins?

After watching him do multiple interviews for F1, across a week taking about how special Miami and that venue are, I have no doubt he wants in on that ownership bid.

I'm shocked Tommy signed with Fox when he could have had a glorious post NFL career with Disney...I mean, after 20 years of sexual innuendos and claims of "metro!!!" and "non binary" I would have guessed the They/Them/Its' Brady clan would be perfect for the Dizzyland/Chinese global empire...but Fox??? MAGALAND??? If he's featured pregame in a $10,000 dollar leather recliner eating cake with co-host Donald J Trump and making fun of Brian Stelter while Giselle hangs portraits of Marie Antoinette and Augusto Pinochet on the wall, I'll cut off my nuts and join the 26 Gender Freakazoid Mutant Army under the guise of Colonel Jusse Sharpton-Maddow.
Mr.Kerr, there's some of your posts that make me believe you have a private stash of some of the good LSD left over from the late 60's-early 70's. Purple Haze? White Lightning? You got shades of the gonzo writing of Ken Kesey et al.
While I wasn't a huge acid head back in the day, I WAS a teenager in the 60's, so its possible I might have *cough cough* theoretically partaken on the rare occasion. Or two. Or three. Theoretically speaking.

Mr.Kerr, there's some of your posts that make me believe you have a private stash of some of the good LSD left over from the late 60's-early 70's. Purple Haze? White Lightning? You got shades of the gonzo writing of Ken Kesey et al.
While I wasn't a huge acid head back in the day, I WAS a teenager in the 60's, so its possible I might have *cough cough* theoretically partaken on the rare occasion. Or two. Or three. Theoretically speaking.
[pre]
Drug slang and code words are often used to describe controlled substances, designer drugs, and synthetic compounds, which may cause confusion for clinicians attempting to treat patients under the influence. In an effort to educate and support the healthcare community, Clinical Pain Advisor is providing this resource to help clinicians identify these ‘slang’ names for LSD compiled from law enforcement reports and other open sources by the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA).

Aceite Acid Acido
Alice Angels in a Sky Animal
Backbreaker (mixed with strychnine) Barrel Bart Simpson
Battery Acid Beast Big D
Black Acid (mixed with PCP) Black Star Black Sunshine
Black Tabs Blotter Acid Blotter Cube
Blue Acid Blue Barrel Blue Chair
Blue Cheer Blue Heaven Blue Microdots
Blue Mist Blue Moon Blue Sky
Blue Star Blue Tabs Brown Bomber
Brown Dots California Sunshine Cherry Dome
Chief Chinese Dragons Coffee
Conductor Contact Lens Crackers
Crystal Tea Cupcakes Dental Floss
Dinosaurs Domes Dots
Double Dome El Cid Electric Kool Aid
Ellis Day Fields Flash
Flat Blues Ghost Golden Dragon
Golf Balls Goofy Gota
Grape Parfait Green Wedge Grey Shields
Hats Hawaiian Sunshine Hawk
Haze Headlights Heavenly Blue
Hits Instant Zen ************ Acid
Kaleidoscope Leary Lens
Lime Acid Live Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
Mellow Yellow Mica Microdot
Mighty Quinn Mind Detergent Mother of God
Newspapers Orange Barrels Orange Cubes
Orange Haze Orange Micros Orange Wedges
Owsley Paper Acid Pearly Gates
Pellets Pink Blotters Pink Panthers
Pink Robots Pink Wedges Pink Witches
Pizza Potato Pure Love
Purple Barrels Purple Haze Purple Hearts
Purple Flats Recycle Royal Blues
Russian Sickles Sacrament Sandoz
Smears Spit & Die Square Dancing Tickets
Strawberry Fields Sugar Cubes Sugar Lumps
Sunshine Tabs Tacatosa
Tail Lights Teddy Bears Ticket
Uncle Sid Valley Dolls Vodka Acid
Wedding Bells Wedge White Dust
White Fluff White Lightening White Owsley
Window Glass Window Pane Yellow Dimples
Yellow Sunshine Zen [/pre]

answer your question?

Yes sir. Funny those are mostly the same names I recall from back in the day.

Brady has a great football mind so it doesn't surprise me that he would be breaking down film and doing NFL commentary. He has a lot of insight to share on what goes on in the huddle, and breaking down plays. Well this seems like a natural outcome. But he's got at least 1 more year to go in Tampa before this happens.

My guess is he’ll do it for a while but his ultimate goal is to be part owner of a team.
I wouldn't be surprised if he became a team owner in the future. But a job in the broadcast booth isn't bad to keep his face in the public eye even if he transitions to owner later.

Completely ridiculous sum of money for someone to sit in a broadcast booth and speak into a microphone. He is a great qb but I doubt he will be as good as Tony Romo.

Completely ridiculous sum of money for someone to sit in a broadcast booth and speak into a microphone. He is a great qb but I doubt he will be as good as Tony Romo.
this is a serious post, eh? Tony freakin' Romo??????????????????????...LMAO...the Daffy Duck of NFL announcers...good one

Really? We've "learned" his deal is 10 years, 375m? Is it fully guaranteed?

Don't really care where he works at this point. But let's see, so far he's retired, tried to own part of the Dolphins, unretired, and signed a future contract w Fox for $375M, 10 years... As reported by A Guy With a Twitter Account in the Off Season. I wonder if anybody clicked/tapped that post.

Sure, okay. Might be true. Look, no hard feelings, and it's not unreasonable to believe this would happen lol... but I just don't know about any sensational new Brady story til I see it.

And that said, I want him in his first game to say "How do I know what the playcall there was? Bill called the plays, I just tried to do my best to do my job" or something, and then crack up on camera.

Then even better, "But seriously , when you see a guy say he knows what the play was, you don't know whether it's a variation on that play or if it's a busted play or what. I mean sometimes it's really clear that whatever the lineman was going for, he missed, and there are unlikely routes being run... But mostly guys who played some high school ball try to convince everyone on the bulletin board that they know the guard was supposed to pull or the guy who ran the sluggo was really supposed to be the first option on a plain old slant route, and we try to give those guys a win.... I mean, they know this how? Look dude I am freakishly football smart but I'm me, not that QB, and the radio's in his helmet not my head. Nobody's got one in their head except maybe Romo." I mean that might be totally ridiculous given his ability to see the field, but it would be hilarious for him to say.

But there has to be a clause about that in the imaginary contract :D

Chris Long made a good point. Imagine the production meetings between Bill and Tom when Brady does a Pats game.
Imagine Fox throwing $300M at Belichick to hop in the booth with Brady and another play by play guy.

Fox NFL broadcasts suck.

The tired old robots and Joe Buck.

Tom is a lot of things but I'm not sure he's got a good voice for TV. But he'll be great at every other aspect of it.

To be the principal owner the NFL requires minimum 30% ownership. The allows up to $1B to be debt financing. So if a team costs in the neighbourhood of $3B, to be principal Brady needs to come up with $900m, some of which can be debt.

He’s going to need more than that.

Putting these two together, I'd suggest it means TB12 is not generating the kind of cash needed to ever hope to be principal owner of a NFL team.

Even his $375M contract, the following suggests his net worth is in the $700m range, not enough to get that done. I doubt Gisele's money would be enough to make that happen. Teams are $3B+ assets these days. He'd have to find rich partners that were willing to let him run the show. That's a tricky balancing act.

There are a number of NFL teams with syndicated ownership, i.e. multiple owners. Brady might be able to do that today with or without being principal owner.

i betcha part of the deal is that if he doesn't get bucs to the superbowl this year, he joins in the booth for it

It's a 5 year deal so if he retires this season, 2023-2028 that means

This season its Fox
2023-CBS
2024-NBC
2025-Fox

That's 4 seasons for the Patriots to get to Superbowl contention..it's totally possible
I believe ABC also gets the SB now

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back