PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos-Chargers

You forget who is the QB. The biggest big time loser in the history of the NFL. Denver is this good at week 8, wait until the last 4 games, a lot can happen

Even if he will suck...refs will bail them out. The refs got them 14 pts tonight...

What does that have to do with my point? They were the best team in the AFC last year too. What does that have to do with them being overrated and their offense not as good as last year. They are the best team in the AFC right now, but the margin isn't as big as people make it. It is a completely different argument.
I know. We are just talking right now. Who knows about january.

Best part was D. Thomas not getting in tte end zone (off set by the two Rivers ints which lost me 4 points and gave my opponent 4 points)

Can anyone tell me the best radio to listen to? I'm in IL and listen on TuneIn App. I listen to MFB on WEEI, felger and Mazz on 98.5, Gresh and Zo, and sometimes Dale and Holley. Seems like 98.5 is more open to criticizing the Pats, but F&M come up with some conspiracies for ratings

i turned on the after show...it's all about how good this denver D is and how this is their year pretty much....not 1 mention of refs as their should be. Pathetic

Most important stat as always (other than points scored, of course), was turnovers.

Broncos 35, Chargers 21 -- Final Stats

1st Downs - Broncos 27, Chargers 21
3rd Down - Broncos 8/13, Chargers 4/10
Red Zone - Broncos 4/4, Chargers 3/3

Total Yards - Broncos 425, Chargers 306
Total Plays - Broncos 65, Chargers 58
Yards per Play - Broncos 6.5, Chargers 5.3

Den Passing - 25/35, 286 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT, 8.2 yards per pass, 0 sacks allowed
SD Passing - 30/41, 245 yards, 3 TD, 2 INT, 5.7 yards per pass, 2 sacks allowed

Rushing Yards - Broncos 139 (4.6 ypc), Chargers 61 (4.1 ypc)

Penalties - Broncos 9 (71 yards), Chargers 7 (77 yards)

Turnovers - Broncos 0, Chargers 2

The only thing that worries me about next week is the refs..and hillman going off like he has been last couple of weeks.

But if we stop forte this week..i will be much more confident

The Broncos are clearly the best team in the AFC, and possibly the league, right now. But they also haven't seen, for example, their defensive leader get knocked out for the year. Their one major injury was a completely mediocre running back. Sometimes it's about luck. If Demaryius Thomas cuts funny and tears his ACL next weel, their offense goes from incredible to merely good, and probably not good enough to win the AFC. Sometimes it's about luck.

Very true, primetime.

I was just having this conversation with my wife at dinner tonight, as she was questioning why a team like DEN is "different" injury-wise from hers (DAL) and mine (NE). As great as any team is, you've got to have luck, and often times that luck is presented through keeping your team healthy and injury-free.

Can anyone tell me the best radio to listen to? I'm in IL and listen on TuneIn App. I listen to MFB on WEEI, felger and Mazz on 98.5, Gresh and Zo, and sometimes Dale and Holley. Seems like 98.5 is more open to criticizing the Pats, but F&M come up with some conspiracies for ratings

It varies by the season. If you're just about football, or your asking just for football season:

10-2 Gresh and Z0
2-6 Dale and Holley

edit: Forgot to add that you have to keep up on the guests. Perillo and Bedard on 98.5, for example

Last edited:
Very true, primetime.

I was just having this conversation with my wife at dinner tonight, as she was questioning why a team like DEN is "different" injury-wise from hers (DAL) and mine (NE). As great as any team is, you've got to have luck, and often times that luck is presented through keeping your team healthy and injury-free.

Manning will get either Welker or Sanders killed before the year is out. He just can't seem to help himself with his throws over the middle.

Just something to throw out there regarding Denver:

The Broncos have played five of their first seven games at home. They've played on the road just twice - losing once, and leading a one-win team by seven points before a pick-six with 15 seconds left to play made the final score appear to be an easier victory than it really was.

Denver must now play three straight road games, which historically is an extremely difficult task, regardless of the opponents. The Broncos will play six of their next eight games away from Mile High.

I would say that it is a bit premature to assume that Denver will finish 15-1 or 14-2, regardless of their current record.

Manning will get either Welker or Sanders killed before the year is out. He just can't seem to help himself with his throws over the middle.

Let's hope so, Deus.

From a football perspective, that is ;)

Just something to throw out there regarding Denver:

The Broncos have played five of their first seven games at home. They've played on the road just twice - losing once, and leading a one-win team by seven points before a pick-six with 15 seconds left to play made the final score appear to be an easier victory than it really was.

Denver must now play three straight road games, which historically is an extremely difficult task, regardless of the opponents. The Broncos will play six of their next eight games away from Mile High.

I would say that it is a bit premature to assume that Denver will finish 15-1 or 14-2, regardless of their current record.

I would still say the @Oak will be a cake walk

It varies by the season. If you're just about football, or your asking just for football season:

10-2 Gresh and Z0
2-6 Dale and Holley

I think that's what I've come to find out. Felger and Mazz are entertaining strictly by their crazy stances. And they talk way too much Bruins hockey for my liking

I think that's what I've come to find out. Felger and Mazz are entertaining strictly by their crazy stances. And they talk way too much Bruins hockey for my liking

It's hockey season baby....and now chara is out 4-6 weeks maybe season...such a huge loss :(

I added this part after you posted:

"Forgot to add that you have to keep up on the guests. Perillo and Bedard on 98.5, for example"

It's hockey season baby....and now chara is out 4-6 weeks maybe season...such a huge loss :(

From IL, not a hockey fan so I won't claim the Blackhawks are my team like most of the band wagoners around here.

Definitely see a lot of Brady in Toews though. Strong, consistent leader.

But are Gresh and Zo then D&H who you'd agree are best Pats radio

I added this part after you posted:

"Forgot to add that you have to keep up on the guests. Perillo and Bedard on 98.5, for example"

Gotcha. I always try and listen to Bedard when he's on cause he'll put them in his place. Had to settle for your play by play a couple times! ThAnks for that btw, saved me when I missed out

these refs are a joke.
even if forehead wins another ring, he's still the greatest choker in sports!

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back