PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OK. We Know the Rumor is Peters in Washington Wants McCarthy at pick #2. Imagine if We can Leverage his Choice?

Cousins,

Here we go:
1) Adam Peters and Washington Draft JJ McCarthy at pick #2.

2) That leaves that Pats at pick #3 with their choice of Maye or Daniels.
What if we trade the pick #3 to the Vikes but with a caveat? We know they will trade #11 and #23 in the first but they know that is not enough. It might be their first in 2025 or more. How about Jefferson instead of surrendering a 2025 First Rounder and give us your 2025 3rd Round pick.

Thoughts and threats?

Love these trades.
DW Toys
Cousin, this didn't age well.

I use the Trent Dilfer model. Defense and players surrounding a mediocre QB makes the Team competitive in 2024.

I hear you, but is the 2024 NFL the same as the 2000 NFL?
I wish it was, but it is not.
The rule changes and 'points of emphasis' have made Dilfer an anecdote: the last mediocre QB to win a Super Bowl.
What happened in the 2000 NFL season is an irrelevant comparison - though I wish it was not.

I hear you, but is the 2024 NFL the same as the 2000 NFL?
I wish it was, but it is not.
The rule changes and 'points of emphasis' have made Dilfer an anecdote: the last mediocre QB to win a Super Bowl.
What happened in the 2000 NFL season is an irrelevant comparison - though I wish it was not.

Team is probably 10-11 team last season with slightly better QB play.

Each close lose the difference was Jones or Zappe coughing the ball up. Some examples

Eagles game difference in that was a Jones pick-6. The Bills game in Buffalo, Zappe threw 3 INTs and that was a 6 point game for the final 11 minutes. Then you had that Giants 10-7 loss where Jones threw a pick in a redzone which they returned to setup a short field to get their only TD. Then you had the 6-0 game against the Chargers.

Team tied like a 50 year record of going 3 straight games of holding opponents under 10 or fewer points and not winning.

So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back