PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos/Patriots matchup

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would you guys say the atmosphere among the boards here compares to last year's before the Jets game? More confident? Less? How do you feel?

Just joined the forum, but have been a Pats fan for a while. I don't know why, because logic says otherwise, but I find myself more nervous for this game than the Jets (even though we were burned). I can't remember the spread last year, but obviously Denver is considered an inferior opponent to last years Jets, and I thought before the playoffs that Denver would be our easiest matchup. But now I find myself a bit more nervous than maybe I should be. Maybe it's just that Denver is so unorthodox?

And I mean, this is already shaping up to be a hollywood movie for Tebow, I just don't know, even though logic is not on that side, it feels as if we may be the next to get burned.

I don't know if I can characterize the whole board accurately, but I remember a general sense of confidence given the 45-3 beatdown we had just given the Jets.

I think people are cautiously optimistic this year (cautious because of the last two home playoff losses).

2) Spikes Healthy - And who better to plug those gaps on the offensive right side than Spikes. I like Fletcher and White as much as the next guy but they are the wrong guys in the middle against the Broncos. A healthy and fresh Spikes could be huge in helping to limit the Broncos ability to get big chunks of yards. Also frees up Mayo to keep an eye on Tebow, run and tackle...instead of pealing guards and fullbacks off his facemask.

Brandon wasn't in the game last month, but he did practice against Tebow for years at Florida. That might make him even more effective.

I was almost laughing at the Coach Fox hire. Seemed desperate and not "forward thinking"...

Anyone else impressed with him ? Watching his presser now. Seems like I was way off. He should get some credit.

You mean the guy who dialed up this play?

2940322.jpg

It reminds me of something recent, but I can't put my finger on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents