PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruins Goal Horn At Gillete?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He_Mad.jpg

Was it me or did it sound like they were randomly playing the Bruins goal horn at the game today?
Has anybody heard this before, as I never have and don't understand it.

Pardon me, but I can't stand the Bruins hype and bandwagon that is seemingly mixing in all over.
They blew a 3-0 lead in the playoffs, they weren't the team which came with a quarter of winning the title (that was the Celtics), I don't like the Bruins being associated with the Pats.
I'll always remember the Bruins for being the bandwagon fanbase that 3 seasons ago had fewer season ticket holders than Atlanta.
I don't like how suddenly THEY get to associate themselves with more mainstream Boston and the bigger dogs like the Pats...who are they to do so and be encouraged to do so?

Pardon me, but the Celtics were the ones who almost won it all last year and have been to two finals the last 3 seasons. If any of the winter teams deserves a bandwagon and props at a Pats game, it's the Celtics.
The Bruins have done nothing to earn to it..I don't know why in New England a basketball team with 1 title in 3 years, 2 title appearances in 3 years, is being bumped for a stupid hockey team which blew a 3-0 lead.

I was disappointed when scanning the crowd on TV today and seeing 2 people in bruins jerseys...and none in Celtics jerseys.
Just don't get the sudden Bruins love when 3 years ago they were the NE Revolution popularity wise and have accomplished NOTHING but shame lately while the Celtics have been kicking butt.

Let's hope the goal horn is 1 and done.

Sorry. I just saw this thread and couldn't bite my tongue. The only excuse for you would be that you are 20 years old or younger, don't live in New England or within 1,000 miles of it and was a recipient of special ed. services at your school. Seriously, you don't have a phucking clue if you don't understand the obsession with the Bruins. You don't have to be a hockey fan either. When Bobby Orr came onto the scene in the mid to late 60s hockey was barely on the radar. From that time well into the early 90s and Cam Neely the Bruins were far, far, more popular than the Pats could have ever dreamed of being at the time. A lot of those fans gravitated away form the B's because of the "suck" factor and the strike. I saw it as an opportunity to go to more games and have always followed the B's. I don't blame a lot of the old fans for leaving and coming back. The Bruins winning the Stanley Cup was the greatest thrill for me personally of all the NE teams championships.

Now you know.

hockey is a smidgen as popular the NFL

Uh, no it isn't. It's where it's traditionally been in terms of popularity. 4th behind football, baseball and basketball. Just because the local media have been promoting the heck out of the Bruins, doesn't mean that hockey has somehow risen to overtake baseball and basketball in terms of national popularity (hockey's popularity in Canada, of course, is a different story).

Yes, they used it and the fans loved it.

From the perspective of a TV viewer, I noticed the horn has made a big difference in getting the crowd involved. Maybe even made some of the club seat people put there glass of wine down and cheer a bit...:)

Last edited:
From the perspective of a TV viewer, I noticed the horn has made a big difference in getting the crowd involved. Maybe even made some of the club seat people put there glass of wine down and cheer a bit...:)

It's true. For some reason that I don't relly understand, the horn pumped us up.

I just saw this thread and had to comment, even if others have pretty much stolen my thunder, beat the dead horse, etc, etc.

The reality is, Boston has always been, first and foremost, a hockey town. Keep in mind, by the time the Celtics and Pats came along, the Bs and Sox had already been playing here for decades. And, the Bs had, up until the 50s, more success then the Sox, who couldn't get past the Yankees for, oh, the better part of 4 decades. My recollection is that even when the Celtics were winning all of those championships in the 60's, and the Bruins were in a state of sucking wind (until Orr came along), the Bruins regularly filled the Garden and the Celtics did not. (And, it sure was easy to buy Sox tickets back then...) There is no doubt that there are alot of "new" fans of the Bruins since they won the Cup, and certainly their merchandising has gone through the roof, but the idea that the Bruins fanbase is a bandwagon one is ludicrous.

Having said all that, I have rooted for all 4 Boston teams, and attended their games...only for about 40+ years... as have virtually all of my family and friends who follow sports. There have ALWAYS been fans who wear one teams jerseys and hats to the other teams game. the majority, if not the vast majority, of Boston sports fans, in my experience, root for more then one of the Boston teams. And, for those few who do not, and that is of course their right, very, very few of them feel the need to denigrate the other Boston teams and their fans.

The reality is, Boston has always been, first and foremost, a hockey town.

The ghosts of Honey Fitz, Nuff Ced McGreevey and the Royal Rooters would like to have a word with you.

I was at the game at sat near the lighthouse. Whenever the horn went off both video screens showed the lighthouse making you assume it was a foghorn.
I don't remember the Pats using the horn before though

I thought this is an appropriate time to bump this thread. The OP bashes the fog horn because it's the Bruins goal horn and today the Stanley Cup champion Boston Bruins are being honored at Gillette.

I thought this is an appropriate time to bump this thread. The OP bashes the fog horn because it's the Bruins goal horn and today the Stanley Cup champion Boston Bruins are being honored at Gillette.

Well Bumped, sir. :cool:

The OP clearly has fundamental psychological issues.

Personally, while I like ANY cross referencing between our 4 great teams, I would MUCH prefer that British Air Raid siren from WWII: GREAT stuff.

If I ever make my first 10 Billion or so, and buy out Brother Kraft, that WILL come to pass.

And I'll also fix the acoustics of that place. I get SEVERELY sick of hearing how our leather-lunged brethren allegedly aren't LOUD enough. :rolleyes:

Has anybody heard this before, as I never have and don't understand it.

The entire Bruins team ran out on to the field before the game with the Stanley Cup for a mini-celebration, not sure if it was shown on TV.

OMGZZ!!! How DARE anyone wear a Bruins jersey to a Pats game without consulting hudlander! I am just APPALLED that people would be both Pats AND Bruins fans. The nerve!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Better than the Bears, Steelers and Saints jerseys I saw at the game today. :eek:

To the OP, get a clue. The FOGHORN has been a fixture at the stadium for a while now.
:bricks:

Well Bumped, sir. :cool:

The OP clearly has fundamental psychological issues.

Personally, while I like ANY cross referencing between our 4 great teams, I would MUCH prefer that British Air Raid siren from WWII: GREAT stuff.

If I ever make my first 10 Billion or so, and buy out Brother Kraft, that WILL come to pass.

And I'll also fix the acoustics of that place. I get SEVERELY sick of hearing how our leather-lunged brethren allegedly aren't LOUD enough. :rolleyes:

I'm sick of hearing that also, but I gotta say the fans have been above par this season so far. I personally have no voice right now, and I am in 304 3 rows from the top. I just watched the game again on tape when I got home and we were pretty frikkin loud!

GO PATS! I already got the heads up that we'll have a Dallas fan behind us next week. LOL! :eek::rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST