PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Buyers remorse exemplified

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's also the minor footnote (it would be a much bigger part of the story of the NFL gave them a severe, or even the standard punishment) that Jets had to break league rules in order to sign Revis.

That and after being "sternly" warned to not do it again after they tampered big-time with DeSean Jackson the prior off-season. Guess if they do it for a 3rd time they might get 50 lashes with a wet noodle courtesy of Goodell, lol

The whole Revis saga shows how much of an idiot Woody Johnson truly is. He could have had him back when Tampa cut him, but he was like a scorned lover and didn't want him back.

When he signed with the Patriots for less than people expected him to get and was playing well and people were giving Johnson crap for not re-signing him, Johnson decided he would get him at all costs. He ended up bidding against himself to get a CB about to hit 30 and give him QB type money.

The thing is Revis knows this is his last big deal and he was never going to get big money again. So he didn't care about pushing himself in the offseason. I think him betting on himself to get new deals every two years or so basically pushed him to stay in shape. Now he has no incentive to work hard. So he has fallen apart.

Outside of super bowl wins,

Not much makes me happier than knowing one of, if not the best jet of all time had to come to NE to get a ring.

Then comes home to ruin their salary cap and provide awful play.

Couldn't happen to a more deserving team

The entire Revis story is so Jets it's hilarious. They deserve every bit of it too. To think, he'll probably be wearing this ring during his HOF speech lol
rings_patriots.jpg

If he's an upgrade at the right price I'd love to have him back for our 6th ring.

Hey listen, we offered him a lot of money too, we dodge a bullet as well, he could've joined us instead of them and put us in a similar situation. I'm just glad that in the end, it all panned out great for us and bad for them.

If he's an upgrade at the right price I'd love to have him back for our 6th ring.

I'd agree except the problem with Revis is lack of effort. Watch the plays cited in other threads where he fails to make an effort to make a tackle. This is not getting old. This is no longer having a taste for Contact. Unacceptable.

The entire Revis story is so Jets it's hilarious. They deserve every bit of it too. To think, he'll probably be wearing this ring during his HOF speech lol
rings_patriots.jpg
Oh that would be sweet

There's also the minor footnote (it would be a much bigger part of the story of the NFL gave them a severe, or even the standard punishment) that Jets had to break league rules in order to sign Revis.

In retrospect, I mind that wrist-slap less.

Some things are their own worst punishment.

Just hilarious how this has become a jests fan nightmare. Revis comes to NE to get a ring and then signs a huge contract with the jests only for him to breakdown in year 2 of that deal.

So great that when jests fans in the years/decades to come are looking back fondly on Revis as one of their best players ever there is always gonna be that "but he went to your fiercest rival to get a ring"

Not to worry. Counting this year they only owe him $50 million through 2019!

Though actually I expect they will cut him before next season and eat the remaining $6 million dead money cap hit - meaning the Jets will have paid him roughly $20 million a season for 2015 and 2016

So who will Revis be matched up against when the Pats play the Jets? Is it going to be Hogan or Edelman? Or another?

Hey listen, we offered him a lot of money too, we dodge a bullet as well, he could've joined us instead of them and put us in a similar situation. I'm just glad that in the end, it all panned out great for us and bad for them.
No, I'd bet one reason he didn't like our offer is that it protected the team too well against things like this.

According to Revis,the Patriots' offer wasn't in the ballpark of what he was looking for. Rumors were the Pats had far less guaranteed than the Jets and gave them outs for this very reason.

"It’s troubling enough that the 31-year-old makes a snail look like Usain Bolt"
Manish really has changed his tune

In Revis's defense: 1. What motivation would he have to put his body on the line when the season has already spiraled out of control? 2. Going from the Patriots organization to the Jets organization would have been like night and day in terms of team expectation. Fitzy has been so bad that it does not matter what Revis does.
I personally feel that one of the most under appreciated plays of SB XLIX was the sack of Wilson by Revis. It was on a play early in the game when Wilson began to take off. Revis came in like a bullet from off screen and laid his shoulders hard on Wilson's thighs, sacking him two yards behind the line of scrimmage. After that Wilson did not attempt to run the rest of the game. He may have been sore after that. I think Wilson decided not to risk further hits - which significantly changed the tone of the game.

Last edited:
A lot of Jets fans (NY beat writers too) were upset when the Jets signed Revis for that kind of money at his age. Who knew he would go downhill so drastically and so fast, but that contract was just moronic.

We don't know how much we offered to him. I don't know what you mean by a lot of money.

He might be useful in that role or as a safety in a conversion project, but I doubt that he would play for anything but big bucks and the article implies that he has lost his taste for the game. Not what BB wants in a player. Besides, he has his ring. Would a second matter to him?
Yep. A corner without fire is done.

Jets come to Gillette the afternoon of Saturday December 24th.

The entire stadium should shake with the "Daryl" chant (complete with wrong syllable emphasis) that rocked Fenway during the 1986 World Series.

Screw this jerk who thought HE was US and colluded with Woody Johnson then trashed the Pats on the way out for Deflategate.

The fans have every right to make that chant the soundtrack in that stadium for 3 hours that day.

Merry Christmas, Jets fans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore