PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can We Win With An Entire New Coaching Staff?

I think Bill will have plenty of offers and there may already be something in the works.

None of us has any idea how the next coach will turn out but I'm in the same frame of mind as Bill the genius. I only want coaches I like to be the coach of my team.
LOL.. Bill will have plenty of course as he should.. however it's off the allure of past success.

Are you honestly telling me you are a football who makes posts evaluating players and QBs and really never understood what “he can make all the throws” means?

Yawn. I stated what I thought.

Another HC/GM isn’t the greatest to ever do it.

And that is why Belichick wasn't fired after last season. Any other head coach would have been fired after last season. He only gets so many shots.

The Pats are going into major rebuild mode. They are at least 2-3 seasons away from being a contender again. Why would you want to rebuild with a 72 year old head coach no matter who he was?

And that is why Belichick wasn't fired after last season. Any other head coach would have been fired after last season. He only gets so many shots.

The Pats are going into major rebuild mode. They are at least 2-3 seasons away from being a contender again. Why would you want to rebuild with a 72 year old head coach no matter who he was?
You think a HC gets fired for 1 losing season? There were many last year with no proof of success, no record as the GOAT, no significant accomplishments that didn’t get fired.

You think a HC gets fired for 1 losing season? There were many last year with no proof of success, no record as the GOAT, no significant accomplishments that didn’t get fired.

It is three losing seasons in four years. And Kraft was against Patricia and Judge running the offense and that failing is a fireable offense. It was a similar thing that helped lead to Andy Reid getting fired in Philly.

Again, it has been five years since the Patriots won a playoff game. Three years since they got into the playoffs. They are one of the worst teams in the league right now. Stop acting like it was one losing season.

Ok, you have proven to me you are a liar.

You can believe whatever you want. I really don't care.

It was pretty obvious I misunderstood what he was saying. It isn't like I made up something. We were just not on the same page on the argument.

2004 is a completely different era of football. Defenses could play defense back then.
Way back in the 2007 era, Brady threw 50 TDs. The NFL sure changed alot in 2 seasons.

Seems like QBs would be lighting up the scoreboard week in and week out, but that is not occurring at all. In fact, QB play stinks across the league.
I am not talking about Mac nor am I making excuses. Even when I did defend him, I said he has the potential to be a good QB if he is surrounded by talent and has good coaching. How that related to what I said about Allen. I called Allen a top QB and admited he is doing it with lesser talent after Diggs.

And the Patriots have the least talented offense in the NFL.
Because NE has the worst QB in the NFL.
It is really hard to argue against that. Even if everyone played to their top potential, this team has a bunch of #2 and #3 WRs with no #1 WR.
Same argument about poor Drew Bledsoe.

He had nobodies. Then Brady won games with the same lousy players that were not good enough for Bledsoe.

It is three losing seasons in four years. And Kraft was against Patricia and Judge running the offense and that failing is a fireable offense. It was a similar thing that helped lead to Andy Reid getting fired in Philly.

Again, it has been five years since the Patriots won a playoff game. Three years since they got into the playoffs. They are one of the worst teams in the league right now. Stop acting like it was one losing season.
You said he should have been fired last year “anyone else would have”
For the recur it was his first consecutive non playoff year, 2nd in 14 years and 4th in 22 years.
When did Kraft tell you he was against it?

You can believe whatever you want. I really don't care.

It was pretty obvious I misunderstood what he was saying. It isn't like I made up something. We were just not on the same page on the argument.
No it’s not obvious because you were still arguing it when I entered the conversation. There really isn’t a way to misunderstand “can make all the throws” and you argued that exact phrase through multiple posts.

Absolutely correct. The facts are hard for some to accept. Andy is still in denial. Positve Results are what was given for the better part of 19 seasons. Last 4 seasons things have gone in reverse for many reasons. However Bill in charge he has had say over the roster and all it entails. He's got the acclaim for all the success. Now he gets the critique when it's looked as bad as it has. Bill Walsh, Landry, Jimmy Johnson, Lombardi, Gibbs.. all the greats at HC were all shown the door. Bill is no different.

The Patriots haven’t won a playoff game since 2018. They have had a losing record three of the last four years. They are going to be one of the three worst teams in the NFL this year. Any other head coach and/or GM would been fired weeks ago.
Is your position that we won't get a draft pick if we trade Belichick at the end of the year?

Nobody is trading us Herbert for less than 3/4 first rd picks at least

Nobody is trading us Herbert for less than 3/4 first rd picks at least

Herbert's cap hit goes to $40M+ in 2025 and beyond. Tough to give up 3 or 4 1st round picks and pay $40M or $45M on a $225M cap (18% to 20%). He only has the 5th year option on his rookie deal left. Herbert has never won anything.

Is your position that we won't get a draft pick if we trade Belichick at the end of the year?
I believe he was making a point to Andy. I can't see BB being traded unless he asks for it. I'm leaning towards an amicably agreed parting of ways

No coach past 70 has ever won a Super Bowl. Could Belichick be the first? I suppose anything is possible, but I don't think it's something a man his age is going to do while also serving as a GM. And I don't think he wants to relinquish being GM. So maybe he can coach somewhere else.

For a team starting over, with one of the worst records in the league and needing a new quarterback, this is a multi-year rebuild. If not now, when? It seems like it's time for him to go.

Last edited:
Herbert's cap hit goes to $40M+ in 2025 and beyond. Tough to give up 3 or 4 1st round picks and pay $40M or $45M on a $225M cap (18% to 20%). He only has the 5th year option on his rookie deal left.
that is the go rate for a top 10 quarterback
Herbert has never won anything.
what has allen won? or burrow?
Which of the current top qbs in the NFL have won something?

This argument seems weak because we should feel lucky to get herbert

Bill the coach is still good.

the problem is that Bill the GM. has been one of the worst in the NFL the past 5-7 years.
BB the coach is good but trending downward. You've got guys spouting off on social media a lot more than in the past.

that is the go rate for a top 10 quarterback

what has allen won? or burrow?
Which of the current top qbs in the NFL have won something?

This argument seems weak because we should feel lucky to get herbert

Allen and Burrow have each won 4 or 5 playoff games. Herbert has won nothing. Not the same, not even close. After four years in the league either the QB's team should be improving and have hopefully won a playoff game. Herbert has not done either. It appears as though you do not evaluate based on results. At 5-9 and with his coach fire mid-season Herbert has not impressed in 2023.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back