PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could this be the Pats most talented team ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
mhm. nvm

10char

in any case...no until they show it.

Last edited:
With regard to the defense, I think that we are kidding ourselves somewhat. Other than Wilfork and Mayo, we have all question marks.

While I agree with your overall point I do not agree with his statement.

I do not see Love, Spikes, Ninkovich, Chung, Arrington, and a few other guys as question marks some might still have some room for improvement but they all have proven to be solid in the roles they preform and I dont really question there ability to play at similar levels. Arrington likely wont have 7 plus picks again but I think he will play at a similar level.

Questions on D IMO are which McCourty will we get the one from his rookie year or last years, Who plays the star, who plays the other Safety spot, what will we get out of the rookies, can Carter coming off the injury play at the same level, and so on and so on.

So as I said I agree with your point there are countless questions on D and to ignore them is foolish but to say that Mayo and Wilfork are the only guys on D we can count on is pretty foolish as well. For lack of a better term they may be the only two super stars on D right now but there is a lot to rely on as a base on that side of the ball and a few guys who potentially are superstars in the waiting in McCourty, Jones, Hightower to top the list.

The most confident I felt going into a season was 04. Coming of our second win and adding Corey to the team I felt for the first time like saying 19-0 wasnt just being a nutso homeboy fan.

I felt extremely confident in 07 and also predicted 19-0 but I think the confidence was slightly less not much but slightly I thnk two things contributed here our D had shown signs of aging the past few seasons and as it turned out this was the last hurrah for several of them but I think the bigger factor was Moss' injury in TC. While with hindsight it is foolish to think that made us nervous but at the time none of us new the chemistry that was there between Moss and Brady.

With Hindsight knowing how 07 went it has hard to say that I think this year will be better but taking hindsight out of it I may actually be more confident in my preseason thoughts of this year vs 07. I doubt it ends up as statistically magical but I think this team could be close to that level of play. I dont think it is crazy to think this team is better than last years and there is only a few games more that can be won.

There is really only one more game in particular that I want to win.......that elusive last one.

That's truly all that matters.

The hope from day one is this team will find a way to dominate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
Back