PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Crying rivers for Players that repeatedly Fail - sigh

RecoveringCowboy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
An example of why I'm here.

In Nov 2012 Cowboy Josh Brent flew off the freeway at 110 in a 45, skidding 900 yards on the other side, killing his teammate Jerry Brown (not the governor.) He had 23 drinks. Texas is pretty harsh on offenders unless it's DUI - he already had one back in 2009 in Illinois. The victim's Mom pleaded on behalf of Brent and he got 180 days in jail - 10 years probation.

But after his DUI manslaughter, he failed a drug test TWICE! If that's not enough, a Cowboy's forum has a few people eager to get Brent back on the team! He was never a starter, BTW.

The logic I was given is that team is a 'family.' Isn't it also a business? Even families have limits to tolerance...they often make members straighten up or disown them after awhile.

I pointed out that for 99.99% of us, we won't get that many chances and come back to the same job or go on to a job just as good. Got some dismissive replies to that observation - 'this is family.' A dysfunctional one run by an owner that in addition insisting he continue as a failed General Manager, acquires players with known issues, and retains them even after it hurts the team.

Yes, I can feel for people that have made wrong choices but at some point they have to face consequences. Life is full of people that never learn.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back