PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Daniels refuses to be measured at combine

If he becomes this drafts Mahomes (or reasonable facsimile thereof), I wonder if any of the naysayers and scoffers will admit it and apologize to those of us that suggested that he could be special? The kid seems to be taking this bettering himself thing seriously. If he puts this kind of work into his passing and learning the offense of the team that draft's him while he sits a year or two (as he's young enough to do so), he could be legit!
I’ve been a naysayer from the beginning but I’m warming up to the guy. Honestly thought he was gonna weigh in at 204 or so. I was in the camp of not seeing a lot of film because of the week to week game planning by Harbaugh with the elite run game. Aside from Maye who also didn’t have the Wr’s or Te’s that others had, it’s tough to evaluate as a fan because if your looking at stats, they aren’t there. But if you go back and really look at some of throws he’s made, especially on 3rd down, there’s something there with McCarthy. His work ethic is there, just the 219 alone says he’s committed to bettering himself. Your’re either gonna get possibly a steal or maybe an over drafted QB. Still not sure.

I love Maye because of the size and scrambling ability and the fact that he did well with a lot less than all of them. 3rd day wr, sub offensive line with a new oline coach in both 2022 and 2023. Had he had any semblance of a running game, defense, oline wrs that any of the other top 5 or 6 qbs had excluding Williams, (who was stripped naked as well) it would be a different picture.

Williams is special but he just isn’t my cup of tea when it comes to leading this team. His antics are tiresome and he’s already a millionaire before he even stepped into Indianapolis. But “there’s only one if him” just ask him.

Daniels disappointed the tf out of me. Didn’t think he’d pull this crap but he did. Major cool points lost lol. Still electric, but disappointed nonetheless that he didn’t have the cojones to ball out.

All these high end players refusing to participate makes me ask questions. If you are too afraid to participate in a few exercises then you are hiding and I don't want you on my team.
They are just going with thier agents,representatives advisement that's all it is.. these guys coming out these days are well versed that the NFL is a business, And they have to prepare themselves as such.. that is all it really is.. but I agree with your point.

Concerning.
Meanwhile McCarthy 6-3 and 219

If Maye is not there at 3 , maybe should consider JJM who may go top 5

Daniels probably weighs 18
Tyquan Thornton Ii

And his diction and pronunciation was terrible. I have him offf my board now. I’ll bet he’s only 5’3, and he’s just been faking being tall all this time.

And his diction and pronunciation was terrible. I have him offf my board now. I’ll bet he’s only 5’3, and he’s just been faking being tall all this time.
He’ll be fine. Just a lot of disappointed folks like myself that wanted to see a show. All eyes on his pro day now.

I’m guessing a lot of that weight gain was water retention. That might be why he didn’t run the forty which he’s been bragging about. A lot of people thought Bryce Young manipulated his weight last year. That’s probably what McCarthy did.
Is he going to be ****ting out fishing sinkers after lunch?

Last edited:
McCarthy got up to 219 at 6'3, with that cannon for an arm and highly mobile? McCarthy is looking better and better (although I've always been an absolute Maye over Daniels guy, with McCarthy as our QB of the future if we can't get Maye).
McCarthy? Do we want another “Mac”?

Caleb Williams just feels like a pain in the ass QB that a team is going to have trouble build around to me. I know he is a special talent, but him constantly making everything about himself is not going to go well in an NFL locker room. Can he really be a leader of men when he is a mommy/daddy's boy who cares more about his own brand than anything else? It takes more than physical talent to succeed as an NFL QB. Even Trevor Lawrence has not been that great at the NFL level despite being one of the most hyped QB prospect ever.
The AB of QB?

Half the ints than Maye with only 2 less TDs, almost 9% better completion rate than Maye, 18 point higher QB rating than Maye.Frankly, it's Maye that I think is way overrated.
What was their pass attempts?

I’ve been a naysayer from the beginning but I’m warming up to the guy. Honestly thought he was gonna weigh in at 204 or so. I was in the camp of not seeing a lot of film because of the week to week game planning by Harbaugh with the elite run game. Aside from Maye who also didn’t have the Wr’s or Te’s that others had, it’s tough to evaluate as a fan because if your looking at stats, they aren’t there. But if you go back and really look at some of throws he’s made, especially on 3rd down, there’s something there with McCarthy. His work ethic is there, just the 219 alone says he’s committed to bettering himself. Your’re either gonna get possibly a steal or maybe an over drafted QB. Still not sure.

I love Maye because of the size and scrambling ability and the fact that he did well with a lot less than all of them. 3rd day wr, sub offensive line with a new oline coach in both 2022 and 2023. Had he had any semblance of a running game, defense, oline wrs that any of the other top 5 or 6 qbs had excluding Williams, (who was stripped naked as well) it would be a different picture.

Williams is special but he just isn’t my cup of tea when it comes to leading this team. His antics are tiresome and he’s already a millionaire before he even stepped into Indianapolis. But “there’s only one if him” just ask him.

Daniels disappointed the tf out of me. Didn’t think he’d pull this crap but he did. Major cool points lost lol. Still electric, but disappointed nonetheless that he didn’t have the cojones to ball out.
My choice would be Maye at #3. But if he's gone before then, I'd get McCarthy. I just don't want Daniels. So, I'm hoping whoever does pick at #2 picks Daniels and leaves us Maye. Maye had a horrible OL and only one decent WR, but still performed well despite that, whereas Williams and Daniels had elite talent around them.

McCarthy? Do we want another “Mac”?
He's nothing like Mac, and that's a very unfair comparison. Do some research. I'm not going to debate the matter with you (just in-case that's your intention). Let's just politely agree to disagree.

Pats don't need a running back and that's all McCarthy will be in the NFL.
Love this kid Daniel's spirit. Standing up to the comish even before he is drafted.

If he becomes this drafts Mahomes (or reasonable facsimile thereof), I wonder if any of the naysayers and scoffers will admit it and apologize to those of us that suggested that he could be special? The kid seems to be taking this bettering himself thing seriously. If he puts this kind of work into his passing and learning the offense of the team that draft's him while he sits a year or two (as he's young enough to do so), he could be legit!
JJ draft stock going up big time.

At this point I am taking Maye at 3 if he’s there - if he’s not there, I am taking McCarthy at 3. No matter which guy I take, I am sitting him for a year or most of a year behind Flacco/Brissett.

At this point I am taking Maye at 3 if he’s there - if he’s not there, I am taking McCarthy. No matter which guy I take, I am sitting him for a year or most of a year behind Flacco/Brissett.
AMEN Brother!!!

Couldn't refusing to participate scare teams away and drop a player down a notch or two?
Historically, nope. Teams understand agents prefer the top players to do everything at the pro day where they do drills with players they've worked with, where they have more control on how it is run.
They will work out so teams will see what they need to see, you work out a combine to move up the board, if you're at the top of the board you do less as you are unlikely to move up board.

I’m guessing a lot of that weight gain was water retention. That might be why he didn’t run the forty which he’s been bragging about. A lot of people thought Bryce Young manipulated his weight last year. That’s probably what McCarthy did.
Reports are that he spent the morning at Dunkin.

At this point I am taking Maye at 3 if he’s there - if he’s not there, I am taking McCarthy at 3. No matter which guy I take, I am sitting him for a year or most of a year behind Flacco/Brissett.

Then why did williams, maye and jjm all agree to be measured?
It is not that it would not do any good it’s obviously that Daniel‘s and his entourage believe that his weight is going to hurt him and that is why he did not get measured today. This to me is a pretty clear red flag.
Exactly, there's no benefit.

Every team that could possibly want a QB is relevant if there's a trade.
After listening to Williams I'd pass on him. He has a ****ty attitude.
You sound like Belichick.

Than why show up? Why not just use facetime while he’s at it for the interviews? You have hundreds of athletes there competing to be drafted, it’s a disservice to even attend imo.
To meet with the teams that are interested. All three met with the Patriots. That alone was worth going.

How much weight did he gain in how much time?

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back