PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Day 2 wishlist

The Patriots send #34 and #180 to the Jaguars for #48, #96, and #153. Sound good? Found here.

TBH I like a trade-down, but honestly, I'd rather have 2025 picks than flotsam and jetsam in this year's draft.

Trade 34 for a 2025 1st plus a swap of second round picks... Then take the best available Left Tackle

Id be ok with a trade down, especially if we can get a 1 next year. Those types of deals seem to be history, though.

Paul, Suamataia, Mitchell, ministry, Dejean, all sound good to me.
Dejean didn't get drafted? WOW. Wish there was someway to get another 2nd round pick this year..

Cooper DeJean is the best player. Ok with Mitchell or Coleman. We have Pop and Osborn as slot receivers. Not lovin McConkey for us. The Newton kid from Illinois is a he kuva DT. But, we’re good there.
Sumataia if we LT at 34.
Osborn is not just a Slot Receiver. He's actually damn close to being an Edelman clone.. He can plan both inside and out

The things I'd really like to see this team add over the next couple of years, in no order:

- Outside "X" receiver
- long term improvement at the Z receiver (Osborn on 1 year deal, Bourne nothing special)
- franchise LT
- long-term starting RT so Onwenu can eventually kick back inside
- elite center to take over for DAndrews and leave JAndrews as depth
- starting LG because I don't think Strange is good enough that we'll want to re-sign him in 2 years
- dominant DT to pair with Barmore inside
- deep FS so we can get back to more cover 1 man
- outside CB opposite Gonzalez
- true 3-down stud ILB
- game-breaking RB
- every down force of an edge rusher since Judon is older and Jennings/Uche are part timers

So honestly, other than a special teams guy, a second rookie QB, or another box safety type, there's really no position that isn't on my wish list lol

It's clearly you are one of those that want ALL-PROs at every position. Regardless of the fact that it never happens.

No wonder you think this team is going to be bottom 5 again. You think the entire roster sucks and needs to be replaced. You can't be taken seriously.

No 2nd round WR.... Recall memories of Bethel Johnson, Chad Jackson, Aaron Dobson, honorable mention to N'Keal who was basically a 2nd rounder.
How about a CB?
Ya so..... Ja’Lynn Polk???
Faaaack.... That is EXACTLY what I was NOT hoping for. :maybenot:

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday