PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Day 3 - Surprises

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
So, going through my list, I'm surprised that TJ Tampa is still available. He was the 55th rated prospect (CB8) on Dane Brugler's board. Nearly 6'1 with 77" wing span. Good 3C and SS.

CB, Safety, DT, Edge, TE, RB. are the areas I see the Pats with needs.

While I am not shocked that the Pats went all Offense so far, I've already made my displeasure known about Maye and Wallace and the mea culpa on Polk.

So, new day, new hope. Pats have 5 Picks remaining which would bring them to 79.. That would leave 11 UDFA and any Mini-Camp Invites.

Both BCG and I have Decameron Richardson on our list. He also has Cam Hart while I have TJ Tampa. Any one of the 3 would be nice.

For safety: Dadrion Taylor-Demerson seems to be the guy we both favor for the Pats..

For TE: Cade Stover still being there is a surprise.

For RB: Dylan Laube, Braelon Allen, and Will Shipley pique the interest

For DT: Jordan Jefferson

For Edge: Jonah Ellis

So, going through my list, I'm surprised that TJ Tampa is still available. He was the 55th rated prospect (CB8) on Dane Brugler's board. Nearly 6'1 with 77" wing span. Good 3C and SS.

CB, Safety, DT, Edge, TE, RB. are the areas I see the Pats with needs.

While I am not shocked that the Pats went all Offense so far, I've already made my displeasure known about Maye and Wallace and the mea culpa on Polk.

So, new day, new hope. Pats have 5 Picks remaining which would bring them to 79.. That would leave 11 UDFA and any Mini-Camp Invites.

Both BCG and I have Decameron Richardson on our list. He also has Cam Hart while I have TJ Tampa. Any one of the 3 would be nice.

For safety: Dadrion Taylor-Demerson seems to be the guy we both favor for the Pats..

For TE: Cade Stover still being there is a surprise.

For RB: Dylan Laube, Braelon Allen, and Will Shipley pique the interest

For DT: Jordan Jefferson

For Edge: Jonah Ellis
Ellis went to Denver in the third round. Any of those secondary picks would be great.

Troy Franklin
Jared Wiley
Brandon dorlus
Austin Booker
Do it !!

Did Troy Franklin and TJ Tampa rob a panda express or something we don't know about?

My binkies for today:

No smurf WRs

Christian Jones, one of the three TE's: Sanders, Stover, or All, Quan'tez Stiggers, only because of the very cool name, maybe a flyer on 6'6" WR Johnny Wilson, Beaux Limmer, Kristian Boyd and Guerendo.

I'll add Theo Johnson (9.9 RAS) to Baker (X, so probably not as they got Polk) or Walker (vertical threat.) More likely they're interested in Bub Means though.

I'd prefer all offense, but expect they go EDGE and DB, with a possible trade down.

I'll add Theo Johnson (9.9 RAS) to Baker (X, so probably not as they got Polk) or Walker (vertical threat.) More likely they're interested in Bub Means though.

I'd prefer all offense, but expect they go EDGE and DB, with a possible trade down.
Patriots are so devoid of talent on the offensive side of the ball, I don't care how many x WRs are on this roster, battle it out. Take Franklin or Baker. Doesn't matter much to me but beef up the young WR core.

Strongest position in draft. We should upgrade for future.

Sedrick van Pran C Georgia

Tanor Bortoloni C Wisconsin

Hunter Nourzad C Penn St

Drake Nugent C Michigan
Yes, the value is there at center. Jeremiah indicates that starters are available at center.

Jake Andrews can back up at guard as well as center. I'm fine with Mafi and Andrews as our backup OG's and a draftee as our backup center.

Another alternative is to trade down and draft a guard. We're thin at IOL. Starters are fine.

OT good names still on the board. Pick and pray.

Christian Jones OT Texas

Travis Glover OT Georgia St

Andrew Coker OT TCU

Good project

Frank Crum OT Wyoming (Victors brother)

Did Troy Franklin and TJ Tampa rob a panda express or something we don't know about?
I’m pissed about Tampa. People take 40’s, split times way too seriously.

If you think he’s slow, shift him to safety.

Yes, the value is there at center. Jeremiah indicates that starters are available at center.

Jake Andrews can back up at guard as well as center. I'm fine with Mafi and Andrews as our backup OG's and a draftee as our backup center.

Another alternative is to trade down and draft a guard. We're thin at IOL. Starters are fine.

I could give two ****s who they have at center right now. Jake Andrews I’m guessing can be upgraded, could care less if he was drafted last year. We bring these guys in to compete. David isn’t going to be around much longer. Nothing pointed at you MG, just tired of the narrative by others that Center was drafted last year so there is no need to upgrade until they know what they have. It’s like just giving the position to someone just because they were drafted. Bring in high rated prospects and let them compete. If Jake is ip for it, beat them out.

I’m pissed about Tampa. People take 40’s, split times way too seriously.

If you think he’s slow, shift him to safety.
There’s players like that out there. You just have to identify them. The Ohio State cb that is too slow for cb I’ve read is a good candidate to switch. Ryan Watts.

I could give two ****s who they have at center right now. Jake Andrews I’m guessing can be upgraded, could care less if he was drafted last year. We bring these guys in to compete. David isn’t going to be around much longer. Nothing pointed at you MG, just tired of the narrative by others that Center was drafted last year so there is no need to upgrade until they know what they have. It’s like just giving the position to someone just because they were drafted. Bring in high rated prospects and let them compete. If Jake is ip for it, beat them out.
The OL would clearly be better if we added a starter quality center.

BTW, I would the same thing for RB.
=======
Either adds more value that a #3 blocking TE, although I'm fine with adding a TE.

Tanor Bortoloni is athletic enough to play both guard and center. He’s who I’m targeting today with one of those first two picks.

OT good names still on the board. Pick and pray.

Christian Jones OT Texas

Travis Glover OT Georgia St

Andrew Coker OT TCU

Good project

Frank Crum OT Wyoming (Victors brother)

Check out Crum's RAS. (edit: Alt is ridiculous lol)
1714225799048.png

If they came away with these two at 103 and 110 I’m packing up shop and heading for the bar.

Tanor Bortolini. C Wisconsin
Javon Baker Wr UCF

Patriots are so devoid of talent on the offensive side of the ball, I don't care how many x WRs are on this roster, battle it out. Take Franklin or Baker. Doesn't matter much to me but beef up the young WR core.
No argument here.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back