PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did Pats overlook Baltimore??

Status
Not open for further replies.

lusdawg

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I remember in a past season (can't remember the year or next game) that the Pats had squeaked by the Bills when apparently looking ahead to a big game the next week. Did the Pats not have their best game plan on board against the Ravens in order to prepare for Pittsburgh? Couldn't find this posted elsewhere, so I'm sorry if this is a repeat thread.

I do not think so. I think we are getting everyone's "A" game now. I think even the Jets will try to put up a fight.

I do not think so. I think we are getting everyone's "A" game now. I think even the Jets will try to put up a fight.

Not only that, but we're playing a weird schedule with all the night games, etc. Heck, even the Steelers game practically qualifies as a night game. The players are tired. If we beat Pittsburgh, I think we're home free for 19-0.

In such a professional league, I don't really believe that teams consciously "overlook" any teams. Sometimes, you just don't bring your A-game.

No way did we look past a game against a tough and emotional opponent, in their house, on Monday night. We simply didn't play well.

I don't think the Patriots really ever overlook any opponent, it's drilled into them every week to stay focused but I also think the schedule plays a part and I agree, the players are tired, and everyteam is gunning to be the one to knock them off the leader board. After the last two games you can bet that all teams will be coming at them fast and physical.
This will be a very interesting game,

No they didn't overlook Ballmore. Every team wants the glory off knocking off the team going for the perfect record,an these teams Philly,and Bal. had everything to gain,and nothing to lose by taking extream chances like an on-side kick in the first qrt. They are out of the playoff picture, and have underachieved this year and have plenty of talent. Plus I also think the Pats are getting worn down by the late games and the pressure of having to play a playoff type game each week.

Maybe we didn't look past Baltimore or Philly for that matter, but we certainly did not anticipate the how extremely physical Baltimore came out and played.
Both the O line and D Line were dismantled by the Ravens until midway through the 4th Q.

If the Pats are not mentally and physically prepared for a super physical war on Sunday, Pittsburgh will win by 20 plus points. Pittsburgh is bringing the wood this Sunday and I have not seen the Patriots play a physical game capable of with standing that type of assault in over a month or so.

Something has to give on Sunday afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back