PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft Discussion: Let's RESTACK for Day 2 - Best of the Rest

Can you NAME LT left in this draft that you feel confident starting this year?

For the near term, Bergeron... With his size & experience he could be ready as early as Opening Day.

For the longer term, Blake Freeland... He's more traits than tape right now, but if he can put it all together then he could be as good as anyone not named Jones & Johnson.

Jalyn Duncan also has a starter's package... Carter Warren is intriguing because his season ended so soon and as far as I know hasn't yet performed a workout...

They're out there, and one one of them needs to be brought into the building tonight to begin the process... Signing Reilly Reiffer & Mister Anderson and hoping to turn back the clock 5 years for Mount Brown isn't good enough.

My best guess is we trade 46 and 117 for 39 with Carolina. They need extra picks. We take someone like Bergeron there.

Then we trade 76 and 107 to get into the late 2nd and look at a pass catcher - maybe a Jonathan Mingo if he's still there or a Tucker Kraft/Sam Le Porta. I would be happy with that. That still leaves us 2 4th rounders and 4 sixths to move around on day 3.

If Bergeron goes, then I like the idea a trade up for Downs or Mayer and then try and get a developmental tackle in the 3rd, maybe Saldiveri.

For the near term, Bergeron... With his size & experience he could be ready as early as Opening Day.

For the longer term, Blake Freeland... He's more traits than tape right now, but if he can put it all together then he could be as good as anyone not named Jones & Johnson.

Jalyn Duncan also has a starter's package... Carter Warren is intriguing because his season ended so soon and as far as I know hasn't yet performed a workout...

They're out there, and one one of them needs to be brought into the building tonight to begin the process... Signing Reilly Reiffer & Mister Anderson and hoping to turn back the clock 5 years for Mount Brown isn't good enough.

so a bunch of IFs .. thats what your greatness drafts with #46?

I wouldn't mind bringing in Freeland and Bergeron if they are there tomorrow, but both have a long way and could be another painful wait like Cajuste..

My hopes are Josh Downs WR at 46 and Blake Freeland OT at 76.

On Dawand Jones, I would love to pick him, but do not be surprised if he drops into Day 3. There are so many examples of guys his size that are taken way later because they simply can't move well. Trent Brown was a 6th rounder, there are lots of players like that.

Keion White is a 6'5" 285 pound pass rushing edge setter who is a huge need for us because we have no one like that other than D Wise. White has the same ability and is even bigger and faster than Tyree Wilson. But White is a dog who doesn't play hard. I am so torn on this guy: measurables say top 10 player, can our DL coaches unlock the monster? He could be a Richard Seymour (Seymour was called a dog in college).

If we're really interested in a 3-down LB who excels at all facets, the player is not Trent Simpson, but D Henley.

I hope we don't take Hyatt, he is extremely limited as to what he can do, he has trouble getting off the line, he can't play against zone, and in fact, he seems to be a carbon copy of Tyquan. Why would we need 2 Tyquans?

I am very happy with this pick. Demarcus Covington and Jerod Mayo will unleash the beast.

Cardinals with two picks late this round and none in the 4th or 5th, could be a good trade candidate. 2 4ths for a 3rd..

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back