PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Drake Maye would be the IDEAL pick for the Patriots at #3

If Was is saying Daniel’s it’s Maye.
Reports are Adam Peters loves Maye.
If reports are the Patriots are cold on Maye it means they love him.
I’m telling you at 3 it’s Maye or Mccarhy.
Only way you can be cute with a trade down is if it’s down To 5.
You only do that if you’re absolutely certain Ari and LA are staying put and taking WRs.

I think you can’t be cute you take your QB at 3.

You keep insisting Washington is going to take Maye but you aren’t backing it up with anything. And the majority of reports coming out have Washington taking Daniels because he fits Kingsbury’s offense better.

What's your source?
Because most nfl guys believe they're taking Daniels
Just curious where you're getting this from

He won’t say, he’s been asked multiple times but just keeps insisting it and not backing it up.

If Was is saying Daniel’s it’s Maye.
Reports are Adam Peters loves Maye.
If reports are the Patriots are cold on Maye it means they love him.
I’m telling you at 3 it’s Maye or Mccarhy.
Unless both teams are doing the old double- reverse.Ever play poker?
Ever think teams put out info so they want you to think that way?
Truth is, none of us has a freakin' clue one way or the other.

You keep insisting Washington is going to take Maye but you aren’t backing it up with anything. And the majority of reports coming out have Washington taking Daniels because he fits Kingsbury’s offense better.
If it’s down to Maye or Mccarthy. Have to go with Maye. If they had switched college teams would JJM have done as well on UNC?
Maye is more physically gifted.

He won’t say, he’s been asked multiple times but just keeps insisting it and not backing it up.
I don’t have a source it’s that reports are Peter’s loves Maye and it’s a hunch.

If it’s down to Maye or Mccarthy. Have to go with Maye. If they had switched college teams would JJM have done as well on UNC?
True, but McCarthy might be more pro ready?
What if it’s Daniel’s or McCarthy?

Yeah it's not even close.
JJM should be no higher than the 5th qb taken.
Definitely take Maye or Daniels over him.
I'd take Penix over him as well.

True, but McCarthy might be more pro ready?
What if it’s Daniel’s or McCarthy?
Daniels is the most pro -ready qb in the draft,including Williams.
Doesn't mean he'll be the best 2-3 years from now. I'd probably take Maye over Daniels but Maye would benefit from a year as a backup to prep for the nfl.

I don’t have a source it’s that reports are Peter’s loves Maye and it’s a hunch.

If you have “ reports” that Peter’s loves Maye then there has to be a source for that. And a “ hunch” when the logic points in the opposite direction doesn’t make sense, whereas a “ hunch” when the player actually fits with the system being run does make sense.

If you were just saying” I think” they will take Maye that’s fine, as it’s just your opinion, but insisting they are taking Maye, and acting like it’s backed up when it isn’t makes no sense.

Daniels is the most pro -ready qb in the draft,including Williams.
Doesn't mean he'll be the best 2-3 years from now. I'd probably take Maye over Daniels but Maye would benefit from a year as a backup to prep for the nfl.

I really like both of them, but right now I give the edge to Maye because of his production when throwing into tight windows in the middle of the field. But I will be happy with either one of them.

I could talk myself into Daniels, Maye, or McCarthy. Two of them will be available at #3, which is why a small trade down is the move if AZ or LA is willing. If the Chargers are hot for Harrison, or if Arizona thinks the Chargers are hot for Harrison, then this could happen. Imagine the impact on our draft if we move down to 4, and as payment we upgrade our 34 to their 27th, plus get their low 3rd or high 4th outright.

I could talk myself into Daniels, Maye, or McCarthy. Two of them will be available at #3, which is why a small trade down is the move if AZ or LA is willing. If the Chargers are hot for Harrison, or if Arizona thinks the Chargers are hot for Harrison, then this could happen. Imagine the impact on our draft if we move down to 4, and as payment we upgrade our 34 to their 27th, plus get their low 3rd or high 4th outright.

They could trade the 3 to the Chargers and still get one of the top 4 QB’s, as long as the Chargers promised not to then trade back out of it, and that they would take a WR with the pick. However if they trade out of 3, and the Chargers take Harrison Jr, then Arizona may well trade out of 4 once Harrison Jr. is gone, and that would most likely be to Minnesota, who would then take a QB. However, they would still leave at least one of the top 4 QB’s available at 5, most likely McCarthy. If the Chargers wanted to do this it would cost them their second round pick # 37, and the Patriots would then pick # 5, #34, #37. And this would enable them to go get their QB, a tackle and a WR, and they could probably double up at WR or Tackle at #68.

My preference right now would be to stay at #3, and if I were the Chargers I would just stay put and take Nabers, but that’s the only scenario that makes any sense where the Patriots could trade back and still be guaranteed a top 4 QB in this Draft.

They could trade the 3 to the Chargers and still get one of the top 4 QB’s, as long as the Chargers promised not to then trade back out of it, and that they would take a WR with the pick. However if they trade out of 3, and the Chargers take Harrison Jr, then Arizona may well trade out of 4 once Harrison Jr. is gone, and that would most likely be to Minnesota, who would then take a QB. However, they would still leave at least one of the top 4 QB’s available at 5, most likely McCarthy. If the Chargers wanted to do this it would cost them their second round pick # 37, and the Patriots would then pick # 5, #34, #37. And this would enable them to go get their QB, a tackle and a WR, and they could probably double up at WR or Tackle at #68.

My preference right now would be to stay at #3, and if I were the Chargers I would just stay put and take Nabers, but that’s the only scenario that makes any sense where the Patriots could trade back and still be guaranteed a top 4 QB in this Draft.
The best trade is not with LA but with AZ. They have the most draft capital including two 1sts and three 3rd's. If they're motivated, which they might be if they fear losing Harrison to an LA trade-up to 3, then give them a decent deal of swapping 27 for 34, plus a 3rd or 4th.

If we swap with LA, then it would have to include a promise not to trade the pick, and for that we give them a discount - eg their 3rd + a 2025 pick.

I would take Maye over McCarthy, he’s a more proven QB.

I would love to have the higher pick and at least 2 of the quarterbacks to choose from, I just don’t think the Cards are going to trade up. I think they will stay where they are and take either Harrison Jr. or Nabers if someone jumps up in front of them for Harrison Jr. I don’t there’s enough difference between them that they would give up a first round pick just to get Harrison Jr.

Based on the 4 minutes of highlights I saw (ha, some expert I am), I would pick Bo Nix over Maye, even at three, but ideally, in a perfect world, trade back and get Nix.

Nix has a rifle arm and is very accurate with a quick release. The only downside is that I did not see him look off any safeties, but he should be able to learn this. I wouldn't mind that Troy Franklin kid that Bo was throwing to either....

The one thing I like about Maye is that he played behind a line that could not protect him and had to throw to WRs that could not get open. He will be right at home on the Patriots.

Last edited:
Based on the 4 minutes of highlights I saw (ha, some expert I am), I would pick Bo Nix over Maye, even at three, but ideally, in a perfect world, trade back and get Nix.

Nix has a rifle arm and is very accurate with a quick release. The only downside is that I did not see him look off any safeties, but he should be able to learn this. I wouldn't mind that Troy Franklin kid that Bo was throwing to either....

The one thing I like about Maye is that he played behind a line that could not protect him and had to throw to WRs that could not get open. He will be right at home on the Patriots.
Wow. Fred, don't know where your assessment of Nix is coming from but it's  way off.
Hes nor even close to Maye,Daniels,Williams ,Penix or even McCarthy. Maybe not even Travis.
Nix is a jag. Solid nfl backup.
I've seen most of Oregon's games this year cuz I've liked that team for a while.
And I like Nix. Just don't want him starting for my team. Cuz that means my team sucks.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back