PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jerod Mayo at AFC Coaches Breakfast

What's a Senior Bull? Who is Spencer Rowler? And he's going at 57 overall, but that's ahead of Bo Nix? When is Nix going, in the 3rd round?

Then hopefully with the improved offense and better outlook on our team, free agents might be more willing to join next year. Can pick up a #1ish WR to join AD Mitchell and Douglas. Can evaluate Paul at LT to see if he’s the answer. Offense could be on the rise…can’t be worse.

Another thing about those teams is none of them sustained any sort of success. You just can't have a good team for 10 years without a really good QB. Hence the musical chairs at QB and HC every year.
ravens and steelers
flacco average,lamar a gimmick
ben good most years (never great imo) but steelers still in the mix when he got ****ty and post him.
talent evaluation,roster building and coaching are more important than an omgwtfbbq!!111! qb. look at mahomes. far and away the best in the league. offense was ****, but rest of team,particularly defense was why they won the sb this year. justin herbert,great talent,has been on 0 teams that won anything. eagles beat the pats with a backup qb in a sb,and are usually contenders. cowboys,dak is capable of being a sb winner,they have talent, have won 12 games 3 years in a row but can't find players who play big in big moments (very underrated as a goal of player evaluation and sometbing bb's regimes were good at). on and on.

So many nuts are running around loose these days.

I know that the Tewksbury Mental hospital is gone because I tore it down. I guess Im to blame since I leveled their home.
LOL. So, uhh, did you tear it down from the inside or the outside?

Everything is eternally deep to those who believe they are eternally deep.Night is another form of day and day another form of night. And it’s always 5 O’ Clock somewhere to the simpletons.
Well, you tried, bless your heart.

Well, you tried, bless your heart.

I know, I did my best. But I could never hold a candle to one as deep and brilliant as you see yourself to be. We should all be so blessed. Unfortunately we are just mere mortals.

I know, I did my best. But I could never hold a candle to one as deep and brilliant as you see yourself to be. We should all be so blessed. Unfortunately we are just mere mortals.
LOL. Actually, I am more shallow and brilliant than "deep and brilliant." I know that. It is my cross to bear, a heavy burden indeed. As for my immortality, a quick glance at my cardiologist's files will suggest otherwise. Perhaps I can arrange to share them: I know that would make you happy, and your happiness means the world to me.

LOL. Actually, I am more shallow and brilliant than "deep and brilliant." I know that. It is my cross to bear, a heavy burden indeed. As for my immortality, a quick glance at my cardiologist's files will suggest otherwise. Perhaps I can arrange to share them: I know than would make you happy.

I think I just passed you, the license plate read MENSA 400.

I think I just passed you, the license plate read MENSA 400.
I'm sitting in my Barcalounger. The only being passing me by in the past hour by was my lawyer's beagle, whom we are dogsitting. Is this you?

1711562731986.png

No, that dog is both smarter and better looking than I am.
Well, to be honest, she's no genius. She eats cat **** with gusto, says it tastes like chicken.

I'm confused... are you two fighting, or are you about to make out?

I also would not mind Rattler with a trade up into the late 2nd with their 3rd rounder, if we assume they trade down from 3rd overall.

- Trade with Minnesota for 11 + 23 + 2025 first
- WR Rome Odunze at 11
- OT Tyler Guyton at 23
- WR Keon Coleman at 34
- Trade up into 50s as needed for Spencer Rattler

If Rattler doesn't really prove himself then you play Brissett and try next year - but you'd have your LT and two new starting WRs. You could also go defense at 34 if you wanted to add depth there, there'd probably be a lot of talent there too after runs at the offensive positions happen.
If Rattler goes before the back half of day 3, it will be the funniest thing I've seen in a while.

His ceiling is UDFA/Practice Squad. This is what draft hype does to people.

2nd round. Same people willing to trade #3 for Justin Fields.

LOL. So, uhh, did you tear it down from the inside or the outside?
No need for you and your kin to be concerned up in Vermont its likely normal behavior anyway.

I think the important word there is "potential", meaning there are 5-6 or six guys who COULD be a starting QB, not that 5-6 guys WILL be starting QBs. He's not predicting, he's speculating based what they know at the moment (which is incomplete). All 5 of the QBs taken in the first round in 2021 were considered potential starters, otherwise they wouldn't have been taken in the top 15 of that draft. But obviously what ended up happening was quite different.
Which is part of what's wrong with QB drafting. IMO the correct view is to force yourself to have high conviction for 1 or 2 guys. If you don't get 1 of the 2, get a development QB outside the first 2 rounds which will not back you into a corner of having to dedicate 3-4 years around them.

Instead, every year 4-5 teams fool themselves into thinking they drafted a legit starter and force themselves into dedicating 3-4 years to said lousy QBs which usually ends in failure.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back