PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Explosive New Hernandez Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, he has never done that, and would have to deal with the union. It would never happen. Unless Hernandez does something wrong he cannot be suspended because the speculation caused bad publcity, and hey, welcome to the real world, ;)

Vick was suspended upon indictment......yes, he has done that

He can be suspended because goodell has absolute power......the union gave it to him........

AH would have the right to appeal, but only goodell would hear the appeal.

Are you kidding me? Do you think anyone besides yourself is going to see things for AH? What fantasy land do you live in?

I am sure that you guys know who Gerry Leone is. He is the former Middlesex DA and is a partner at Nixon Peabody, another top 10 law firm in Boston.

Leone knows what he is talking about.

It has been reported by multiple sources and different outlets that they were close to issuing a warrant for over 24 hrs now, and it appears as though they were correct. The only conflicting reports were due to the fact that it has not been entered into the state/national database, which no one really could've predicted.

They'd much rather solve the actual murder case than charge AH with OOJ, so the hope is likely to put some pressure on him to speak the truth--which obviously hasn't happened yet if multiple items of evidence were tampered with, not to mention his obvious knowledge of at least some other facts which he has yet to speak of.

Vick was suspended upon indictment......yes, he has done that

He can be suspended because goodell has absolute power......the union gave it to him........

AH would have the right to appeal, but only goodell would hear the appeal.

Are you kidding me? Do you think anyone besides yourself is going to see things for AH? What fantasy land do you live in?

On top of that Roethlisberger was suspended without even being charged, as the Georgia DA chose to pass on filing charges.

Anyone who can remotely think for one second that AH isn't going to be suspended for a nice length of time while this plays out is kidding themselves in my opinion. Then again, everyone has the right to feel what they believe, but I'm not seeing how he suddenly walks away without any punishment in a massive national case. How the hell would Goodell just allow him to keep playing football?

sucks that you guys have to deal with this type of crap

good luck with it

sucks that you guys have to deal with this type of crap

good luck with it

Thanks. Life will go on. It is just a hot topic with lots of curiosity at the moment. They will have to replace the 50 catches and 500 yards, and will find a way to do so IMO.

People seem to forget about the fact that our 2 TEs only played in 5/18 games last year, yet we still had an offense that put up 36 pts a game and hosted the AFCCG.

It isn't going to make things easier, but they will get production from someone else. Hernandez is a good player, but he wasn't unstoppable either. One could even say that he is somewhat overrated, as sad as I am to see this happening.

So is there anyone here who still thinks he wasn't involved? :bricks::bricks:

If it must be a yes or no answer, count me as one of the pariahs who would answer he wasn't involved in the alleged murder.
What I know for certain is: (a) a man was killed from a gunshot wound to the head. (b) the body was found in the general vicinity of AH's residence. (c) the deceased was in the company of AH within 24 hours prior to being shot. (d) AH was asked to turn over specific items to law enforcement officials. Two items that were turned over were in a state of disrepair.

What this equals to me is someone definitely worthy of investigative/further investigative attention. It does not equal -- and far from certain -- that "Yes, AH was involved in murder".
In terms of the multitudes of repetitive stories about AH regarding this investigation, they are more irrelevant than not to me. The media long ago proved their methods, motivation and actual statements/stories released to the public cannot be trusted. For instance, very germane to this board, if the number and breadth of reporting concluding 'X is true' meant X is true, the Patriots are cheaters and should hand their Lombardi trophies over to Mike Martz, Bill Polian and Arlen Spectre. Not as germane to this board but far more important, let's drop the guillotine blade down on Richard Jewell and make sure those sociopath Duke LaCrosse players never see the light of day.
But hey! These people aren't you and this would never happen to you.
For whom the bell tolls, no?

It has been reported by multiple sources and different outlets that they were close to issuing a warrant for over 24 hrs now, and it appears as though they were correct. The only conflicting reports were due to the fact that it has not been entered into the state/national database, which no one really could've predicted.

They'd much rather solve the actual murder case than charge AH with OOJ, so the hope is likely to put some pressure on him to speak the truth--which obviously hasn't happened yet if multiple items of evidence were tampered with, not to mention his obvious knowledge of at least some other facts which he has yet to speak of.

The pessimist might suggest investigators will sometimes press a suspect -- sometimes even through ugly and/or unjust means -- to get him to speak what they want to hear. Whether what they want to hear is also the truth is not necessarily a requirement. The pessimist might suggest that once an investigation goes viral and has an extremely high visibility within the public's attention(voters), a successful prosecution of an investigation/case can sometimes supersede an uncovering of the truth. A pessimist may suggest that investigators and prosecutors can sometimes travel down a path where they reach a point that the thought of doing an about face is too indigestible.
Not that this ever happens, I'm just saying that's what pessimists may suggest.

At this point - Saturday morning June 22, five full days after the murder - things are starting to look better for Hernandez. Today's Globe story with his movements to Boston for an overnight and back home last evening is significant.

He's free to come and go, and he's back in his house. The police don't consider him a flight risk.

That means that there is no physical evidence that he is the shooter, his house is not a crime scene, whatever the police wanted from him they are getting through his attorney, and he is cooperating. It also suggests to me that whatever was on the telephone and the video surveillance system was probably recovered. Hernandez has probably agreed not to smash anything else.

Thanks. Life will go on. It is just a hot topic with lots of curiosity at the moment. They will have to replace the 50 catches and 500 yards, and will find a way to do so IMO.

People seem to forget about the fact that our 2 TEs only played in 5/18 games last year, yet we still had an offense that put up 36 pts a game and hosted the AFCCG.

It isn't going to make things easier, but they will get production from someone else. Hernandez is a good player, but he wasn't unstoppable either. One could even say that he is somewhat overrated, as sad as I am to see this happening.

Come on now. Your comparing his stats last year after a bad high ankle sprain. And why is he overrated? Because he hasn't eclipsed the 1,000 yard mark? He missed 2 games in 2012..if not he would have reached that.

I understand after this week people are turned off by him...but football wise, the kid a hell of a player, top 5 tight end. And if he's gone, it's a huge loss for the Pats, esp if the gone this whole off season expecting him to play.

As much of story as this is, this thread still does not have as many posts as the one about our new third string quarterback. Amazing, isn't it? :bricks::bricks:
Dont you mean new 2nd string QB/ 1st string TE?

Just the mention by authorities that theyre close to issuing an arrest warrant may cause Hernandez to do something that further implicates himself. Hernandez may make a phone call leading them to the murder weapon or try to flee OJ style.

Hernandez is being monitored and time is on Law Enforcements side.

On top of that Roethlisberger was suspended without even being charged, as the Georgia DA chose to pass on filing charges.

Anyone who can remotely think for one second that AH isn't going to be suspended for a nice length of time while this plays out is kidding themselves in my opinion. Then again, everyone has the right to feel what they believe, but I'm not seeing how he suddenly walks away without any punishment in a massive national case. How the hell would Goodell just allow him to keep playing football?

Hernandez may not get a long suspension. It isn't likely. Two different situations.

The difference is that the league and even the DA probably believe that Roethlisberger raped the victim. Unfortunately, the bar owner cleaned away the physical evidence which made it a he said/she said situation. So the DA couldn't bring charges even if he believed that Roethlisberger was 100% guilty. Goodell could have felt the same.

Now if Goodell's investigation finds that Hernandez wasn't involved in the actual shooting and he then cooperates with prosecutors, he could only get a shorter suspension. I don't know how likely it is that this scenario plays out, but it is possible.

I believe that Goodell believes Roethlisberger is guilty of rape. Hernandez may only be guilty of obstruction of justice. Different level of crimes.

Odds are good that he is facing at least a half a year suspension if not longer (maybe much longer), but it isn't a guarantee. Until we get actual facts and not rumors and leaks, we don't even know what Hernandez's level of involvement is at this point.

Just the mention by authorities that theyre close to issuing an arrest warrant may cause Hernandez to do something that further implicates himself. Hernandez may make a phone call leading them to the murder weapon or try to flee OJ style.

Hernandez is being monitored and time is on Law Enforcements side.

Or it may get him to cooperate which what their intent really is. They know Hernandez has a lot to lose if they execute this warrant and they are probably negotiating with his lawyer for a deal to get him to cooperate with the police in exchange for reduced or no charges against him.

But if he pulled an OJ, you and your fellow Jets fans would have a good time.

At this point - Saturday morning June 22, five full days after the murder - things are starting to look better for Hernandez. Today's Globe story with his movements to Boston for an overnight and back home last evening is significant.

He's free to come and go, and he's back in his house. The police don't consider him a flight risk.

That means that there is no physical evidence that he is the shooter, his house is not a crime scene, whatever the police wanted from him they are getting through his attorney, and he is cooperating. It also suggests to me that whatever was on the telephone and the video surveillance system was probably recovered. Hernandez has probably agreed not to smash anything else.

It doesn't look in the slightest bit better for Hernandez. MSP doesn't answer to anyone except to the state, not to the media, not to angry posters of a certain internet forum. They can take whatever time they need to build a case, and they probably want to be very deliberate as they're dealing with a popular high-profile individual.

We still don't know if Aaron himself broke the security system or if it was one of the other two men with him that night.

I am currently reading a book about the repressive communist regime of North Korea. In one chapter, they describe the hysterical reactions of the people when Kim Il Sung died back in 1994. The author goes on to explain how people were crying, screaming, yelling with their outpouring of grief. He felt nothing; nothing at all; just a blank feeling.
However, he knew if he did not, in some way, demonstrate his “grief” in a similar manner to that of the people around him, he would “pay the price”. He decided he would keep his eyes open, forcing tears, then began screaming so that he could be just as “grief struck” as everyone else.

In the past few days, we've seen countless articles from local and national sources that have all but strapped Hernandez in the chair and put the needle in his arm. We've seen bashing of the Patriot’s organization for taking Hernandez in the 2010 draft.
We've seen countless media members and notorious “Patriot haters” capitalize on this opportunity to unnecessarily and irresponsibly blast the Patriot organization and worst of all, report rumor as fact only to have it dis proven hours or even minutes later. The mob mentality is a real thing…..and it’s a scary thing.

From the book: Among the millions of North Koreans who took part in the mass display of grief for Kim Il-Sung, how many were faking? Were they crying for the death of their leader or for themselves? Or were they crying because everyone else was? If there is one lesson taught by scholars of mass behavior, from the historians of the Salem Witch Hunts to Charles Mackay, author of the classic “Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds", hysteria is infectious.

I will continue to withhold judgment on Hernandez until, at minimum he is arrested for something. Until then, he is PRESUMED innocent, in my opinion. Mob mentality….

It doesn't look in the slightest bit better for Hernandez. MSP doesn't answer to anyone except to the state, not to the media, not to angry posters of a certain internet forum. They can take whatever time they need to build a case, and they probably want to be very deliberate as they're dealing with a popular high-profile individual.

Funny how an arrest warrant which was imminent 24 hours ago still hasn't been issued. Now the explanation from the concern trolls in the lynch mob is that the police want to be deliberate in building their case. Thank goodness, that we live in a country where a person is INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY, not a police state where a person is punished based on rumors from unnamed sources that the trolls are advocating.

I do not disagree with what you wrote except that things do look better. If he were the suspected murderer, he'd be in custody for obstruction already. The smashed phone and surveillance system give them enough to hold him. The DA, MSP and Attleboro Police would not mess around, as we saw with the Boston Marathon Bombings, in getting the killer off the street before he did harm to someone else or to himself.

My belief is they are looking at someone else and that Hernandez is more helpful to the authorities at home than in a cell.

Fox reports that footage has leaked of the Lloyd shooting:

unofficial footage

They can't explain though why it's so light outside in the video

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back