2) QB Bo Nix, Oregon
3) WR Adonai Mitchell, Texas
4) WR Ladd McConkey, UGA
5) DT Braden Fiske, FSU
6) LB Michael Barrett, Michigan
6) WR Drake Stoops, Oklahoma
7) K Will Reichard, Alabama

O is entirely retooled with some high upside defensive fliers and a new K

A lot will change after the game today, and the simulator I'm using makes some crazy picks. However, I made a trade with NYG to move down to 5 and pick up their first 2nd round and ended up with this

5 Caleb Williams QB | USC
34 Xavier Legette WR | South Carolina
39 Troy Fautanu OT | Washington
68 Sedrick Van PranIOL | Georgia
103 Tyleik Williams DL | Ohio State
135 Audric Estime RB | Notre Dame
181 Khyree Jackson CB | Oregon
229 Nelson Ceaser EDGE | Houston

Not realistic that Caleb lasts till 5, but a generational QB, strong WR, and two OL players in the top 100 is nice to think about

1) OT Joe Alt, ND
2) QB Bo Nix, Oregon
4) WR Ladd McConkey, UGA
5) DT Braden Fiske, FSU

Alt over Fashanu....or are you trading down?

1) OT Joe Alt, ND
2) QB Bo Nix, Oregon
4) WR Ladd McConkey, UGA
5) DT Braden Fiske, FSU

Right now they have a rarity under Belichick, one pick in each round.

1) OT Joe Alt, ND
2) QB Bo Nix, Oregon
4) WR Ladd McConkey, UGA
5) DT Braden Fiske, FSU

Ladd McConkey will be taken between 25-40, no way he lasts until the 4th round unless it's a medical thing. He would be perfect in the Troy Brown/ Wes Welker/ Edelman slot role. But if you want him, you will most likely have to take him at 34.

Bo Nix couldn't cut it in the SEC and light it up in another conference, gee where have we seen that before and how did that work out?

Like Fiske and Reichard, would love to see a third down back, preferable Shipley or Corum

Ladd McConkey will be taken between 25-40, no way he lasts until the 4th round unless it's a medical thing. He would be perfect in the Troy Brown/ Wes Welker/ Edelman slot role. But if you want him, you will most likely have to take him at 34.

Bo Nix couldn't cut it in the SEC and light it up in another conference, gee where have we seen that before and how did that work out?

Like Fiske and Reichard, would love to see a third down back, preferable Shipley or Corum
Hurts?

If we come out of this draft with 1: A Stud QB. 2: A Solid LT and solid upside RT. 3: A Solid WR. 4: Maason Smith DT. 5: Braelon Allen or Trey Benson at RB. 6: Cade Stover at TE. 6: Zak Zinter OG/C and acquire an upgrade at Long Snapper. Just throwing this out there.

Nice job, I’d probably take Sedrick Van Pran with 68. Other than that, love the Fisher and Foster picks as guys that could fill in and develop at RT. First two picks are lights out. Guyton had himself a hell of a sr bowl week.

If we come out of this draft with 1: A Stud QB. 2: A Solid LT and solid upside RT. 3: A Solid WR. 4: Maason Smith DT. 5: Braelon Allen or Trey Benson at RB. 6: Cade Stover at TE. 6: Zak Zinter OG/C and acquire an upgrade at Long Snapper. Just throwing this out there.
Love Zinter a lot as well. Been back and forth on M Smith.

Smith has the tangibles. Much will depend on how he does at the combine/pro day/interviews.
He’s one of the only realistic defnsive players I want for this team in the draft as Barmore needs a partner to dominate. So many positions to fill on offense though.

Watch as Mayo takes a lb. Probably draft Tommy Eichenberg with Mayo.

I see some mod decided to edit the all threatening draft forum. Just go ahead and delete the thread rather than trying to edit it. Must be a boring Saturday?

He’s one of the only realistic defnsive players I want for this team in the draft as Barmore needs a partner to dominate. So many positions to fill on offense though.

Watch as Mayo takes a lb. Probably draft Tommy Eichenberg with Mayo.
I was thinking the same thing regarding Smith. Another tall, long, big and quick DL who can play multiple positions to pair with Barmore. In fact, if he can become another Barmore, I would trade a pick from 2025 to get him in this draft (only after addressing the offense).

Except for getting Alt, I don't care for the rest of the picks.
Agree. If we're not selecting a QB w/ #3, we might as well go all in and get another 1st Rd OT like Guyton to go w/ Alt. Get a WR/TE in Rd 2. Sign one of the stud RBs, WR and a serviceable bridge QB in FAcy and run the ball/PA. Try again in '25 for a QB.

I prefer to go QB w/ #3 though.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back