PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Florio: League destroyed their PSI measurements

When they refused to publish the data, everyone knew. It was just a question of who was willing to admit that they'd been wrong.

images

Sally Jenkins from the Washington Post was Brady's biggest and most staunch defender. She was ripping Goddell and the NFL seemingly once every week during the entire saga.

In the midst of all the craziness and all the accusations, her columns were the only voice of sanity.
There was another woman who also wrote a bunch of stories defending Brady as well. She was as vocal as Jenkins and I think even had the same initials.

Does anyone remember who that was? I think she was an attorney

It just goes to show you how much they really didn't believe the science. Announcing they were going to check the pressures meant the NFL didn't believe the Ideal Gas Law was real. And, don't forget the Patriots were docked a 3rd round pick -- more than the Giants were docked for talking to the quarterback through the headset AFTER it should have been off, more than the Falcons for piping in crowd noise when the opponent had the ball, ore than Browns sending text messages to the sideline (all of these larger infractions than anything the Patriots were ever accused of) -- because of their "history of cheating". Even when the "history of cheating" was greatly exaggerated.

They're crooks! I hope the NFLPA hires Troy Vincent someday and he spills the beans about how corrupt the NFL office is.

It was bullish.t from the start, that’s why Mike Kensil has been in charge of getting the NFL into Uzbekistan ever since he made the charges. Goodell said they got rid of the data at a SB press conference the following year. If Roger Goodell had ever ridden in anything other that a limo with a driver he would have known about the loss in air pressure in cold weather.
Kind of reminiscent about how the “tapes” from spy gate got destroyed. The world see is it as an indictment of the Pats guilt, but I always thought the opposite. BB was the one who had to comply with the league and send them the tapes,so from the start i always thought he was the type who would say “make sure we send them lots of footage of cheerleaders, and highlight the footage of other teams filming us. I’ve always felt all of the Pats scandals were proxy wars that were a continuation of the Jets/Pats boarder wars that enlisted help from other teams like the Colts, Eagles and Ravens.

It just goes to show you how much they really didn't believe the science. Announcing they were going to check the pressures meant the NFL didn't believe the Ideal Gas Law was real. And, don't forget the Patriots were docked a 3rd round pick -- more than the Giants were docked for talking to the quarterback through the headset AFTER it should have been off, more than the Falcons for piping in crowd noise when the opponent had the ball, ore than Browns sending text messages to the sideline (all of these larger infractions than anything the Patriots were ever accused of) -- because of their "history of cheating". Even when the "history of cheating" was greatly exaggerated.

They're crooks! I hope the NFLPA hires Troy Vincent someday and he spills the beans about how corrupt the NFL office is.
Not a 3rd, but a 1st and a 4th. That penalty was the worst part of framegate, not the suspension.

Sally Jenkins from the Washington Post was Brady's biggest and most staunch defender. She was ripping Goddell and the NFL seemingly once every week during the entire saga.

In the midst of all the craziness and all the accusations, her columns were the only voice of sanity.
Yes. And she’s a brilliant writer.

Mortenson also played a big role in this. I understand that journalists have a responsibility to protect sources, but that only applies if the source is providing accurate information. If a source lies to the journalist there is no responsibility to cover for that source. Mortenson knew Vincent had lied to him about the core issue involved but decided he would hide this from being discovered. Both Mortenson and Vincent should have been fired immediately for their roles in this.

Brady should sue Goodell, Vincent, and the league, and Kraft should demand the draft picks back, and a formal apology from the league that clears them if any wrongdoing. It won’t happen, but it should.

Mortenson also played a big role in this. I understand that journalists have a responsibility to protect sources, but that only applies if the source is providing accurate information. If a source lies to the journalist there is no responsibility to cover for that source. Mortenson knew Vincent had lied to him about the core issue involved but decided he would hide this from being discovered. Both Mortenson and Vincent should have been fired immediately for their roles in this.

Brady should sue Goodell, Vincent, and the league, and Kraft should demand the draft picks back, and a formal apology from the league that clears them if any wrongdoing. It won’t happen, but it should.
Brady carries a chip on his shoulder ( duh) and I can see him getting his revenge in his HOF speech in front of them if Goodell is still commish then....

That same site also mentions the possibility of Brady wanting to own an NFL team someday. No way he will sue the league. He got his revenge the following year. Goodell won't be NFL commish when Tom gives his HOF speech - lets hope Troy Vincent is driving an airport shuttle bus by then too.

Deflategate has always been a screw job by the league & the colts ( who i hate til this day). Deflating football to win has never been a thing until they tried to make it so.

It’s legitimately one of the most stupid things to ever claim could provide an advantage.

It was so satisfying that after that crap came out and obviously people immediately attributed that “cheating” to why the Pats so rarely fumbled we had a sample size of FIVE full seasons of Brady on the Pats where the fumble numbers did not increase at all. And just to add onto it Brady’s two seasons on the Bucs saw very few fumbles as well.

Pats not only lost a 1st and a 4th but they had the GOAT suspended.
NYJFL should compensate by returning a 1st and a 4th PLUS at least a second 1st as damages compensation. I am serious.
I do acknowledge that Pigs Will Fly before this ever happens.
Bob "Please May I Have Another" Kraft, servant of the 32, will never make this an issue.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back