PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Florio: League destroyed their PSI measurements

at this time it's time to revisit the NFL's anti-trust status.......between this shady business, tanking for draft picks, the Flores lawsuit, it's clear maybe the NFL needs its books opened and examined

Watching a recent Burrow interview I was thinking, you know if this guy really applied himself and worked the meth hard, he could really look like Steve Buscemi.

Regardless of whether or not Florios's just doing it to sell books, I hope it inspires Kraft to regrow a pair. I appreciate his original pair to get the Pats to where they've been the last few decades.

Last edited:
Deflategate has always been a screw job by the league & the colts ( who i hate til this day). Deflating football to win has never been a thing until they tried to make it so.
It’s legitimately one of the most stupid things to ever claim could provide an advantage.

It was so satisfying that after that crap came out and obviously people immediately attributed that “cheating” to why the Pats so rarely fumbled we had a sample size of FIVE full seasons of Brady on the Pats where the fumble numbers did not increase at all. And just to add onto it Brady’s two seasons on the Bucs saw very few fumbles as well.

In the NFC Divisional Game in Green Bay two weeks ago no one could hold on to the ball to save their lives. The commentators acted like it was common knowledge that cold weather would make it so.

We can't fix stupid.

at this time it's time to revisit the NFL's anti-trust status.......between this shady business, tanking for draft picks, the Flores lawsuit, it's clear maybe the NFL needs its books opened and examined
Books? You mean they've learned to read?

When we can't agree on natural laws, we are doomed.

Great last sentence, being played out for decades across many fields and sectors of society. Football is a great coal mine canary.

Deflategate has always been a screw job by the league & the colts ( who i hate til this day). Deflating football to win has never been a thing until they tried to make it so.

Rodgers admitted that he has the game balls deliberately overinflated, and the NYT ran a lengthy piece on how the Giants equipment managers worked over the game balls for Eli Manning, including running them through dryers. The entire episode was complete bullish.t, and they knew that from the start.

Rodgers admitted that he has the game balls deliberately overinflated, and the NYT ran a lengthy piece on how the Giants equipment managers worked over the game balls for Eli Manning, including running them through dryers. The entire episode was complete bullish.t, and they knew that from the start.
It's stuff like that that Kraft KNEW that pisses me off about Bob to this day. Plus Kraft knew from Matt P, the aerospace engineer on his staff that PV=nrT. No excuses for him.

It's stuff like that that Kraft KNEW that pisses me off about Bob to this day. Plus Kraft knew from Matt P, the aerospace engineer on his staff that PV=nrT. No excuses for him.

Agree completely. Kraft put his relationship with Goodell and the other owners above his franchise, staff, and players, as well as the fans.

Somebody more knowledgeable than I can possibly answer this but does Sarbanes-Oxley law regarding records retention by corporations apply to the NFL????

Somebody more knowledgeable than I can possibly answer this but does Sarbanes-Oxley law regarding records retention by corporations apply to the NFL????

1) Florio was an engineering major at Carnegie Mellon, before going to law school. He can comprehend the IGL.
2) The day after deflategate broke, I wrote a simple explanation of the effect of temp on a football and sent an email to a dozen sportswriters.
3) Precisely TWO of the writers responded, Mike Florio and Peter King. I had a brief phone call with each.
4) King mentioned me in his column but he clung to the "something might have happened" position.
5) Florio immediately started recognizing the craziness. I am not sure that my explanation, email, or phone call had anything to do with it, or simply that Florio is scientifically literate and he realized the lies that were going on.
You managed to get Peter King on the phone? What sort of badass are you?

does Sarbanes-Oxley law regarding records retention by corporations apply to the NFL????

No - only applies to public companies.

If there is active litigation, then despoliation of evidence may become an issue. But I don't think there was any active litigation at the time.

My own take (from having read pretty much everything on the topic, including new Seth Wickersham book), is that the Patriots, including Brady and Kraft, weren't certain what Jastremski may or may not have done in the bathroom. We know that Brady liked the balls on the low side, and so it is quite plausible Jastremski routinely let out a bit of pressure before games. They still might well have been within regulation pressure before the ideal gas law did its thing though.

I've been surprised there hasn't been more leaking from the NFL offices - usually once people leave they are happy to screw their old bosses.

I've been surprised there hasn't been more leaking from the NFL offices - usually once people leave they are happy to screw their old bosses.
you have no idea what the NFL policy is on non-disclosure agreements. Given that the entire league is a treasure bath for all intents and purposes, it would seem likely the NFL would at least try to keep a lid on things using NDA's. I have no idea on whether the league does this or not, it just fits Goodell's M.O.

What I found the best answer to all of this was the super bowl win against the Falcons in 51. Brady playing a 12 game season and receiving the Lombardi from Goodell was amazing.
Can't forget the downfall videos on youtube

Downfall

They were funny at the time. Not sure now

Last edited:
so...Florio reveals that Troy Vincent was the "deep throat" source that Mort used to publish his preposterous story. Right from the top....Goodell breaks wind and Vincent's lips move.

The NFL sucks. Deflate gate wasn't about air pressure, it was about taking down the biggest star in the league because they could, based on the collective bargaining agreement. The hearing Brady had was a kangaroo court. It's lawyers arguing about lawyer chit. Everyone knows why your TPMS light in your car comes on when it gets cold. The players union agreed to the CBA and gave the league the power to do whatever the hell they wanted. The fact that Kraft capitulated is irrelevant. The CBA says they can eff with players for whatever they hell they want, and that Goodell has supreme power. We can sit here and whine that they threw out the findings, it doesn't mean chit. We all know what the findings said. The only way it's going to change is if they do what @yukon cornelius says and investigate the anti-trust BS. The only way this is going to change is if some lawyer doesn't stop until it's done. The problem is that everyone takes the settlement money to stop, and in that settlement money is the gag order to shut up.

The league sucks. Love football, hate The League.

you have no idea what the NFL policy is on non-disclosure agreements. Given that the entire league is a treasure bath for all intensive purposes, it would seem likely the NFL would at least try to keep a lid on things using NDA's. I have no idea on whether the league does this or not, it just fits Goodell's M.O.

FIFY.

PSA: Stop Pluralizing BURROWS and other terrible things​

Also it's:

"a moot point", not "a mute point"

"Could have"/"Could've" not "Could of". Same for would and should.

It's "I couldn't care less" not "I could care less" which literally conveys the opposite meaning to the one intended

It's "for all intents and purposes" not for "all intensive purposes"

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back