PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Going All In -- Question

Ok, I'm with you. If it likely that we could have Nix or Mccarthy or Penix at 24, I'd be fine with waiting a trading up. Here's one consenus draft that has Nix at 13.

Earlier in the year I was seeing him mocked at 6. He keeps falling. I feel like the hype is dying off for the poor guy. Williams, Maye, Daniels and Penix are all getting most of the hype pre-draft circuit. Anything can change though.

Earlier in the year I was seeing him mocked at 6. He keeps falling. I feel like the hype is dying off for the poor guy. Williams, Maye, Daniels and Penix are all getting most of the hype pre-draft circuit. Anything can change though.
As an aside, if I were planning to get my QB in the middle or late part of the first, I would be trade my 3rd o move down a 2-4 spots to draft a an OT to have more ammunition to move into the middle of the first for a QB. Alternatively, we could trade down a bit for a QB, and then use the compensation to move back into the first for an OT.

MY priorities are rather simple: QB, QB, OT, OT, OT, with one starting transition QB being secured in free agency.

Of course, there will always be a defensive player in the top 4 rounds, in this case a defensive back.

It’s pretty simple, if Maye, Williams or Daniels are there and you love one of them, then take him. If you don’t, take Harrison, Alt or Nabers and gamble on a Penix with a small move up or Nix in the 2nd. You could always go after Cousins for a 2 yr stop gap while one of them is being groomed. A lot is going to change from now until the draft.

The entire rest of our draft wouldn't come close to getting the #4. The starting price would be this year's 2nd and next year's 1st and 2nd.

Harrison is NOT the easiest pick of all time for a team that needs 2 QB's: a top 15 draftee and a veteran to start for 1/2 a year and then backup for the next 1 1/2 years.

What we might do is to extract best value for trading the 3rd pick and still pick a QB in the top 10 or 15.
well know a LOT more about what this team need once free agency is over or mostly over. This team needs to sign many free agents just to fill out a legitimate NFL roster. Tackles, tight ends, etc.

I wanted to make a post about the prospect of going all in this draft -- taking both a generational WR and trading assets to move up for a QB.

In terms of value, Marvin Harrison Jr. is almost the easiest pick of all time at #3. And considering #1 and #2 are QB needy teams, MHJ will likely be ours to take. So let's say we take him at #3. The question becomes whether this might be the moment to trade assets to a team like the Cardinals at #4 to get that slot to select a Jayden Daniels. Considering the Cardinals likely wanted MHJ, it seems they may be shopping that pick.

I guess my question is whether this is the year to be more aggressive in the draft and make a move to secure a top-tier QB and WR. We'll lose a fair amount of draft capital, but it seems like this draft is the one to roll the dice.

Thoughts on this?
doing a Houston?

they did this last year... Caserio got two top flight players and really did well this year... its possible, and worthy of consideration if the right players have been identified...

but thats always the crux, isn't it... getting the right players

This Draft is too Strong at WR to sellout for one Guy as long as BB ain't making the pick or in the building we'll be fine.
I disagree. At this point, the Patriots picked 4-13, they need talent. Quite honestly the offensive players they usually pick in other "deep" drafts haven't panned out. Why keep applying the same logic to drafts and expect different results?

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back