PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How's Rodney looking first hand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

c_nice_37

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I've read the blogs and they are great, but I was wondering for those who have attended camp, how does Rodney look?

We hear he hits hard (no shock there) but I am curious about the more athletic side of things.

Is his speed there? Ability to make cuts/etc? Can he cover?

Thanks in advance.

-CSV

Hope to give a Rodney report sometime next week. :rocker:

I'm not worrying about his 'hand' but his knees. ;)

I can't provide a direct answer to your question but I'm sure someone who's been to camp will post a reply.

Said this, here are some quotes from Rodney himself that appear in a Paul Perillo feature in PFW.

"I went to mini-camp in May and I made a couple of plays. People were complimenting me on how I looked. Tom Brady came up to me and told me that I had my speed back."

"I feel a lot better, a lot more comfortable, a lot more confident. I'm ready to go."

"Physically I'm able to do more things and I have more confidence moving and jumping and cutting. Of course, [training camp last year] was 10 months after I initially got hurt [three torn knee ligaments] so of course over a year-and-a-half later I feel a lot better. I feel pretty good and I just want to keep working on it, keep rehabbing it and come out here and hopefully I can make some plays."

"Eugene, he's worked his butt off and I've worked my butt off and it's time to kind of recapture that feeling we had, that unity we had, back there. I love playing with Eugene. He's a very athletic safety. He communicates well and he's a guy I'm very familiar with. We're healthy now and ready to go."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back