PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I hope that Mayo, Groh and Wolf are paying attention tonight.

The Packers are a better model to look into. They have young guys who are learning to play with each other. They don't have high first round pick WRs but look more than capable.

We don't really know what we have because our QB has been ****. Get rid of Troy and get someone here who can coach these guys properly.

Most important factor is getting that QB.
Loved Troy as a player, not so much as a WR coach (although I will concede that he didn't have much, if any talent to work with). I just think we can do better at WR coach(s).

It’s important, but wr and ot is almost as important needs.

If we signed baker mayfield before the 2023 season does anyone think he does half as good for us as he did for tampa?
Nopes... we get 4-13 with mayfield and screw his career as well.

Bill royally screwed us as a GM. Bill needs to go to a team with decent offensive line and qb so that his inputs aren't needed there. Falcons / cowboys seem the best fit.

(In an attempt to try to salvage the pinned coaching search thread, I’m going to put this here since it’s applicable to Baker Mayfield.)

Every year, people propose adding the top “reclamation project” free agents to be in real competitions for playing time. The vast majority of the time, they instead sign where there’s minimal competition for playing time because they’re not going to increase their value on the bench. Of course Baker Mayfield wasn’t going to have serious interest in competing with a two year incumbent with a thousand pass attempts and 16 wins when he could just go “compete” with Kyle Trask, who wasn’t even the primary backup for his first two seasons.

Good news…the Patriots are in prime position to offer lots of playing time with minimal competition at QB and LT right now. The bad news…nobody will be content entering training camp with that kind of high risk player penciled in as a starter.

Bill royally screwed us as a GM. Bill needs to go to a team with decent offensive line and qb so that his inputs aren't needed there. Falcons / cowboys seem the best fit.
Which Falcons QB are you speaking of?

I think the takeaway is you get a stud LT first.

Although Parker and Gesikci were bad signings. I did have hope for Gesicki, but that went nowhere.
I am not sure I’d call Gesicki a bad signing, just not a good one. Sort of “Meh”. He‘s another example of the difficulty in evaluating receivers playing with less than mediocre QB play.

Everybody has a gun arm sans purdy who has an all star team around him .. 7 all pros ...

Considering what we have it might be best for us to draft someone with a gun arm and hope it works out as we build the rest of roster. For now Mac can go and succeed only in SF where he has necessary talent to elevate him.
The ultimate test of this logic would be Milton from TN. Insane howitzer arm, but borderline ******ed in ability to read coverage.

Team Bill down bad right now.

The Bengals drafted Burrow, and he's been successful with the sub-par O-Line that they had when he started. We can rebuild the Line a piece at a time and if a potential Franchise, or at least solid QB #1 is there in the first round, we should take him. Then continue to build the Line and add weapons. I understand and don't disagree with building up the Line first, but other teams have gotten the QB first and built up the Line. Point is, that there's more than one way to do it. Passing on a potential franchise QB is always a mistake. I know of the 1st round bust rate for QB's. But, when you do hit on one, it's certainly worth it, especially if the QB has the right coaching, weapons and Line built up around them.
There have been a number of 1st round QBs that went to teams that had **** OL and took allot of sacks and then became gun shy. I fear that a top 5 QB pick will get ruined by our OL. its fun to speculate but we could be way off considering we don't know what kind of offense Mayo wants to run.

This is not my document, but I have found it very useful to watch tape. Have fun scouting my friends.

The Bucs are a great example of what can happen when you upgrade at the QB position. If the Pats make the right decision at QB this offseason, their offense can rapidly go from anemic to potent, just like Tampa from 2022 to this year.
The Pats need to upgrade both tackle positions, otherwise, it won't matter what they have at QB..

baker is throwing to two 1k yard receivers in Mike Evans/Godwin.....in new england he would've been behind a shoddy OL throwing to Juju/Parker as his #1 guys.

how any fans think he would've had the same results here is just pure delusion.

maybe not the complete trainwreck that mac jones/zappe were. but how can fans look at this roster and believe it is up to par offensively with rest of teams around the league?

They all don't want their jobs if they're considering bringing back anyone on offense.

Literally a complete rebuild. Top to bottom.

Disagree completely. I would re sign Elliot,keep Stevenson, tag Onwenu, keep Sow, Strange, Andrews, and a couple of the bench OL, keep Douglas.

I would draft a QB at #3, move up for a tackle in the second half of the 1st round, then target WR’s and another tackle in the rest of the draft. Sign a veteran QB, and bring in completition on the OL and at WR, as well as TE.

They can’t do everything in one offseason, but they can make a lot of headway. They have some pieces in offense, but clearly need many more.

Disagree completely. I would re sign Elliot,keep Stevenson, tag Onwenu, keep Sow, Strange, Andrews, and a couple of the bench OL, keep Douglas.

I would draft a QB at #3, move up for a tackle in the second half of the 1st round, then target WR’s and another tackle in the rest of the draft. Sign a veteran QB, and bring in completition on the OL and at WR, as well as TE.

They can’t do everything in one offseason, but they can make a lot of headway. They have some pieces in offense, but clearly need many more.

Yea man. Offensive line was incredible this year and we should definitely keep the majority of them.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back