PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jalen Ramsey

spend on and prioritize offense first. Time to get out of the stone ages on offense and give Mac every chance to show if he can be the man for this franchise. Ramsey would be great, but only after the team has the offense stocked.
Agreed, if we can get a difference maker on offense and secure one on defense then we are right back in the conversation

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230220_125500_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230220_125500_Samsung Internet.jpg
    734.9 KB · Views: 9
Nope. This is the kind of move you make when you believe you are one or two player’s away from a title, and they address a glaring need. The Patriots are trying to become a legit playoff team, they clearly aren’t a player or two away from a title. They should focus on their lines and pass rush, because that’s what will give them the best chance against the best teams. After that I would prioritize WR and CB. The WR free agent market has made the $$ too high to buy or trade for one of the elite receivers, so add another n the first couple of rounds in this draft. They should keep building systematically, and not go after high priced skill positions.

Watched it... Higgins pushed off and wasn't called... so did chase... those calls won't be called in the superbowl unfortunately... I have much more than a 1 game sample as to why I'd like to add an all-pro being used incorrectly in the wrong scheme fit in LA..

Here's what they think of Ramsey he's only a top 5 corner... go back and watch the Minnesota game and both bills games and that should allow you to rethink the CB position..

I agree on Higgins, but disagree on Chase. Chase beat him cleanly. Your claims that Ramsey is misused by the RAMS and that he's a wrong scheme fit for them is laughable and not actually supported by facts.

I don't need to "go back and watch the Minnesota game or the Bills game". Considering I'm advocating for someone like Patrick Peterson and a top draft pick, you're claims that I need to re-think the CB position are you talking out your arse.

I agree on Higgins, but disagree on Chase. Chase beat him cleanly. Your claims that Ramsey is misused by the RAMS and that he's a wrong scheme fit for them is laughable and not actually supported by facts.

I don't need to "go back and watch the Minnesota game or the Bills game". Considering I'm advocating for someone like Patrick Peterson and a top draft pick, you're claims that I need to re-think the CB position are you talking out your arse.
All I can say is myself and most informed and conscious posters on here know Ramsey can only help us.

Whenever you find time youtube, Google or whatever you choose as a search engine can help you become informed. If you have 20/20 vision you should see we couldn't contain top WRs.. petersons best days are behind him.. he was part of that terrible Minnesota secondary your advocating for.. I don't even know why I'm even trying to convince non believers like yourself.. lastly go look at the scheme in JAX where Ramsey made his name and go look at the LA rams scheme you foolishly deny. I've stated the facts, I've backed up my statement your just doing nothing but senseless talking...

All I can say is myself and most informed and conscious posters on here know Ramsey can only help us.

Whenever you find time youtube, Google or whatever you choose as a search engine can help you become informed. If you have 20/20 vision you should see we couldn't contain top WRs.. petersons best days are behind him.. he was part of that terrible Minnesota secondary your advocating for.. I don't even know why I'm even trying to convince non believers like yourself.. lastly go look at the scheme in JAX where Ramsey made his name and go look at the LA rams scheme you foolishly deny. I've stated the facts, I've backed up my statement your just doing nothing but senseless talking...
If we dont go after Ramsey for whatever reason... the rams want too much, he wants too much, whatever the reason, are there any other CBs available in free agency you think we should look at?

If they are willing to take one single 3rd, it would be worth a look. If not, back to the draft.

My first instinct is hell no **** that dude! Then I looked around the room!

If we dont go after Ramsey for whatever reason... the rams want too much, he wants too much, whatever the reason, are there any other CBs available in free agency you think we should look at?
Well I know Ramsey isn't a FA, however Bradbury, rock ya-sin, Murphy-bunting, peters are the notable names out there.

Of those mentioned I'd probably go after Murphy-bunting. He's a bigger corner, physical, can challenge WRs at the line and down field and he is younger than the others mentioned.

The rest of the CBs are all average age 29.5. With injury history.

Bradbury is a name however he's notorious for holding and PI calls.. that's going back to his giants days.

Again I know I've been advocating for Ramsey, and that's only because I've watched my team thrive and be elite defenses when we've had one..

We have a ferocious pass rush with judon, wise, Uche, barmore.. however Sean Murphy-bunting could definitely be a guy to help in the secondary.

I'm all for drafting guys, however outside of Jack Jones as of late we haven't hit on CBs. What are you thoughts?

Well I know Ramsey isn't a FA, however Bradbury, rock ya-sin, Murphy-bunting, peters are the notable names out there.

Of those mentioned I'd probably go after Murphy-bunting. He's a bigger corner, physical, can challenge WRs at the line and down field and he is younger than the others mentioned.

The rest of the CBs are all average age 29.5. With injury history.

Bradbury is a name however he's notorious for holding and PI calls.. that's going back to his giants days.

Again I know I've been advocating for Ramsey, and that's only because I've watched my team thrive and be elite defenses when we've had one..

We have a ferocious pass rush with judon, wise, Uche, barmore.. however Sean Murphy-bunting could definitely be a guy to help in the secondary.

I'm all for drafting guys, however outside of Jack Jones as of late we haven't hit on CBs. What are you thoughts?
Am still thinking about it, trying to figure out the puzzle pieces as it were... But I would think re-signing Jones would be a step in the right direction

Am still thinking about it, trying to figure out the puzzle pieces as it were... But I would think re-signing Jones would be a step in the right direction
Agreed! I think resigning our own guys 1st and foremost is vital, as reports were BB was concerned about the leadership..

All things considered speaking of leadership this team could have imploded after last seasons offensive coaching debacle... still shows we have some structure and leaders in that organization.

How your absolutely right resigning Jones I'm thinking a 2yr, 14/million deal incentive laden they'll offer him.. as much as Jones has proven he's in that Jakobi Myers type situation, where he may find his Value is greater here than elsewhere?

Agreed! I think resigning our own guys 1st and foremost is vital, as reports were BB was concerned about the leadership..

All things considered speaking of leadership this team could have imploded after last seasons offensive coaching debacle... still shows we have some structure and leaders in that organization.

How your absolutely right resigning Jones I'm thinking a 2yr, 14/million deal incentive laden they'll offer him.. as much as Jones has proven he's in that Jakobi Myers type situation, where he may find his Value is greater here than elsewhere?
It is his first bite at free agency... He won't be signing a 2 year deal... That would limit the size of his signing bonus, and limit the teams ability to spread out the cap hit... As for dollars, I need to look at what cbs are earning now, which I have not done...

It is his first bite at free agency... He won't be signing a 2 year deal... That would limit the size of his signing bonus, and limit the teams ability to spread out the cap hit... As for dollars, I need to look at what cbs are earning now, which I have not done...
Yeah that's true, however I don't read to much into the cap.. teams can minupulate the cap anyway they can to make something work... so I'm just saying the team can offer him a 2yr deal add a huge signing bonus. It's been done before.. also the team extended him I believe in 2019... as you know the patriots have thier own way of doing business, especially with thier own home grown guys

Adding to my last response. Have to remember Jones is 31, typically BB isn't going to heavily invest in CB'S over 30.. he didn't pay the great ty law when he was approaching 30 so.... but yeah let me know what u think.. always good material you bring about!

Pass on him. Draft Joey Porter 2nd.

Get an established WR as #1, as we all know BillB cannot select a #1 WR (since Branch) if his job was on the line...

Tee Higgins (young kid) is worth trading for and a big contract. Take a look at what Diggs has done for the Bills...

Not convinced on Hopkins as he is getting old.

BillB wasted $$$ on Jonnu Smith and Agolhor.

Pass on him. Draft Joey Porter 2nd.

Get an established WR as #1, as we all know BillB cannot select a #1 WR (since Branch) if his job was on the line...

Tee Higgins (young kid) is worth trading for and a big contract. Take a look at what Diggs has done for the Bills...

Not convinced on Hopkins as he is getting old.

BillB wasted $$$ on Jonnu Smith and Agolhor.
Trade for Ramsey only if it's on a deal that the team can walk away from it irdoesn't work out.

Yes agree with Joey porter Jr.

We need OL help

Agree on Diggs, he was obtained for a fourth and a 1st I believe..

Hopkins can still play, he was on suspension and missed time a bit with an Injury.. other than that he was putting up numbers as a top 5 WR.

The WRs they'll be shopping for will be the lazard types.. can't see them spending Big money for a alpha

If we sill had Brady in his prime would agree Pats shoukd go after Ramsey. Given the realities of current patriots position, i do not think you can spend so much in draft capital and cap space on a player who will not make the team a serious contender.
This years draft is loaded with good cbs and or sign a veteran free agent like Bunting

If we sill had Brady in his prime would agree Pats shoukd go after Ramsey. Given the realities of current patriots position, i do not think you can spend so much in draft capital and cap space on a player who will not make the team a serious contender.
This years draft is loaded with good cbs and or sign a veteran free agent like Bunting
Agreed, I've mentioned to trade for Ramsey only if it made Cap sense for us.. if there was a way to make it all work..

However Sean Murphy-bunting is a player I'd absolutely take a hard look at he's Young, physical, athletic big and just what we need in the secondary..

I don't think anyone is saying that Jalen Ramsey wouldn't improve our secondary. Of course he would. Unfortunately the cap ISN'T crap. To often fans put possible acquisition into a vacuum and forget the most important ccap maxim. "for every dollar you give one player, there is one less dollar for everyone else......eventually." Sure it is easy to push back cap consequences for up to 3 years, but eventually they come due and have consequences.

Unfortunately Ramsey comes with an elite CB salary, while looking like he is no longer playing to that level, while at the same time just a year away from reaching an age where NO CB plays at an elite level anymore. VALUE is the issue teams have to face with the cap. You cannot pay elite money to players who are "just" good.

Who are we NOT going to be able to bring in or resign because we are going to pay top 5 CB money to a guy who no longer is playing at that level. Good is not elite.

I think the BEST method to improve the big hole we currently have at CB is through the draft. This is really a great year to pick up a starting CB in the draft. There are at least 5 who could go in the first round and all are 6' or taller as well as a few more who are 2nd day worthy. This is a rare year where it looks like the CB talent might be better than the WR talent at the top.

I think this might be a better year to fill the OT hole with a "good" FA making "good" money and spend that first round pick on a guy who may become elite and you control for 5 years.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back