PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

James White injury

Looks like the next 6 weeks are crucial for his NFL future. At six weeks they will check for signs of bone death (25% chance). No question he is out for the year.

Ugh...

1632781659390.gif

The Lord be with ye, James.

I was worried about a Bo Jackson injury the moment I saw it.

Selfishly I'm sad because this is a terrible time for a young QB to lose a key blocker and receiver and about as reliable a player as there is on the team.

This is such a big deal. Bolden is done. Harris and Rhamondre aren't getting it done in pass protection. JJ is the 3rd down rb by default.

For some reason there was a rabid group of fans on this forum that wanted Sony Michel gone for the oddest reasons.. basically because he didn't pan out into a Barry Sanders clone in the 1st round

Now he's gone, and you don't need to look back in my post history very far to see that I was cautioning against trading a productive veteran like him because we could very quickly go from being "deep" at RB to being in a rough situation, as we've seen in past years on this team and others

Sure enough, we were playing Brandon f***ing Bolden at RB in crunch time of the game... What happened to the FOUR RBs that were ahead of him on the depth chart?

Last edited:
For some reason there was a rabid group of fans on this forum that wanted Sony Michel gone for the oddest reasons.. basically because he didn't pan out into a Barry Sanders clone in the 1st round

Now he's gone, and you don't need to look back in my post history very far to see that I was cautioning against trading a productive veteran like him because we could very quickly go from being "deep" at RB to being in a rough situation, as we've seen in past years on this team and others

Sure enough, we were playing Brand f***ing Bolden at RB in crunch time of the game... What happened to the FOUR RBs that were ahead of him on the depth chart?
I was one of the most vocal Sony haters and even I would rather see Sony taking snaps than Brandon Bolden. Stevenson needs to get out of the doghouse and Taylor needs to see White's reps.

I was one of the most vocal Sony haters and even I would rather see Sony taking snaps than Brandon Bolden. Stevenson needs to get out of the doghouse and Taylor needs to see White's reps.
shame-shame-shame-shame.gif

What about the kid we picked up from Dolphins? If I recall he is a RB/WR maybe he can take some 3rd down snaps? I dont even know his name... so apologies if misguided..

So Bill took Stevenson and now Harris out for missing a block. How dare a RB miss a block? The O-line keeps missing blocks, yet they are still out there. Funny how that works.

Bill is over coaching, needs to put the ego aside and put his best RB’s out there. It doesn’t help the team or Mac for that matter putting Bolden out there by week 3. Nobody wants to watch that s**t.

So Bill took Stevenson and now Harris out for missing a block. How dare a RB miss a block? The O-line keeps missing blocks, yet they are still out there. Funny how that works.

Bill is over coaching, needs to put the ego aside and put his best RB’s out there. It doesn’t help the team or Mac for that matter putting Bolden out there by week 3. Nobody wants to watch that s**t.
I get the benching a RB after a fumble thing to an extent but at some point your best players need to play. Mac doesn't get benched for throwing an interception and I know it isn't a 1:1 comparison but mistakes are going to happen and the only way to learn from them is to get out there and play more.

I get the benching a RB after a fumble thing to an extent but at some point your best players need to play. Mac doesn't get benched for throwing an interception and I know it isn't a 1:1 comparison but mistakes are going to happen and the only way to learn from them is to get out there and play more.
I don’t even agree with benching a RB for a fumble because it happens. They are the most hit position in the league. Some of the best RB’s in the league fumble and they don’t go immediately on a timeout.

The RB’s on this team will get so paranoid like Ridley did, they’ll concentrate more on just holding onto the ball with two hands than making a play.

Colts are willing to trade Marlon Mack

Exactly. Bill is famous for treating everyone the same. Not playing favorites. Is Bill going to bench his son, Lil Steven for failing to get Wino on the field for this critical play that resulted in a TD because we had 10 men on the field to their 11?

SmartSelect_20210927-113619_Firefox.jpg

We're playing marbles while rest of the league is playing checkers.

What about the kid we picked up from Dolphins? If I recall he is a RB/WR maybe he can take some 3rd down snaps? I dont even know his name... so apologies if misguided..

Malcolm Perry, he's on IR, probably short term. The reason we're seeing so much Bolden is because of his pass blocking ability. If our two young players don't improve at it in practice then we should consider using J. Smith at H-Back. Protect first and foremost, eventually, one or both (Taylor and Stevenson) will pick it up.

Weee's in trouble... These new backs can't pass protect yet. Hopefully Rhamonde and JJ can learn quickly.

What happened to the FOUR RBs that were ahead of him on the depth chart?

Like you, I didn't want Sony traded.

As for the depth chart. 1 of those RBs was inactive. You lost White to injury. Of the 3 remaining, BOLDEN is probably the best pass blocker.

I'll be honest. I'd rather have Jakob Johnson out there on 3rd downs picking up the blitzer and going out for the occasional pass than either of the other 3.

I like Mack as a runner, but his pass protection is HORRIBLE.

*duplicate

Last edited:

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes