PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JuJu Smith-Schuster placed on IR

I loved Juju at USC and wanted the Pats to draft him in 2017. He looked like a hit in Pittsburgh, but struggled badly without Brown. Then injuries have taken over.

Posters lamenting over Meyers don’t want to acknowledge he has DaVante Adams taking a lot of attention off him, thus giving him favorable matchups. And yet, his production is on par from last year - it’s almost identical.

At 4-11 I think they shut him down for the season so they could develop Douglas, Thornton and use the roster spot to look at players sitting out there on practice squads.

You gain nothing by playing him at this point and he hasn’t missed a practice since the offseason started. A year removed from knee surgery, he’ll be back stronger next season.

People moaning that they should have signed Meyers instead… what’s the difference when Mac took a nose dive. Juju just had 90 yards receiving his last game with Zappe, we had a QB problem not a weapons problem.

What a joke…..he was an elite WR in Pittsburgh….and was excellent in KC ….and then his knee was either toast or BB and his coaches did some of the worst coaching/utilization of him in our system…

I loved Juju at USC and wanted the Pats to draft him in 2017. He looked like a hit in Pittsburgh, but struggled badly without Brown. Then injuries have taken over.

Posters lamenting over Meyers don’t want to acknowledge he has DaVante Adams taking a lot of attention off him, thus giving him favorable matchups. And yet, his production is on par from last year - it’s almost identical.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Vegas try to move Meyers. He has a $14M cap number in 2024 that’s almost entirely guaranteed if he stays. He has a $5.5M roster bonus this year, and his $5M salary is guaranteed if he is on the roster on the 4th day of the league year. They can get out of the contract and gain $7M in cap space if someone will trade for him. He was fine this year, but not worth a $14M cap number.

What a joke…..he was an elite WR in Pittsburgh….and was excellent in KC ….and then his knee was either toast or BB and his coaches did some of the worst coaching/utilization of him in our system…
The QB makes the WR not the other way around.

Dhop would die from boredom if paired with Corky yet all his fans say he needs weapons.

The QB makes the WR not the other way around.
That's not true. Tua was on his way to being a bust now all of a sudden he's looking like an MVP candidate. What happened?

Mahomes is looking like a shadow of his former self in KC this season. What changed?

It’s not like Meyers lit the league on fire. He started hot and regressed back to the mean.
Another way to look at Meyers.....

-He is slotted as the #2 receiving option on the Raiders behind Adams who has been targeted 145 times
-For the past 8 games and 9 total on the season, Meyers has been tasked with catching passes from rookie 4th round draft pick Aiden O'Connell out of Purdue
-Brian Hoyer, statistically (W vs L) the worst NFL QB backup ever (IMO) [Last win -2016], started 1 game for Vegas as well
-Meyers was knocked out of 1 game due to concussion and subsequently was inactive the following week

-Projecting Meyers stats catching passes from Jimmy G if JG started all 17 games instead of 5 using stats when both JG and Meyers were on field in same game....
98 catches / 1057 yds / 13 TDs (as #2 target)

Note: Meyers is 2/3 passing / 12 yds / 1 TD in 2023
Note 2.0: Meyers rushed the ball 3 times / 19 yds / 1 TD

Underwhelming signing regardless but I wonder how he would’ve fared with even average QB play this season.
Perhaps much better. But, that's assuming that his knee was completely healed (which it apparently wasn't).

It’s not like Meyers lit the league on fire. He started hot and regressed back to the mean.
I liked Meyers. But, that he was our best receiver is a serious indictment of a failure to address the WR position successfully the last 7 to 10 years.

Yes on Alt, and hard pass on the other two.
Not a preference, just BOLD prediction for 2024.
It'd be fun at least. I also think Wilson isn't nearly done.
And I want Jeudy. There's not much out there. Higgins is going to make bank - 18+ a year? - and he's the only guy I see available who's in that class. I also think Jeudy can be that good.

Not a preference, just BOLD prediction for 2024.
It'd be fun at least. I also think Wilson isn't nearly done.
And I want Jeudy. There's not much out there. Higgins is going to make bank - 18+ a year? - and he's the only guy I see available who's in that class. I also think Jeudy can be that good.
Jeudy could be a stud in the right environment. There seems to be those that are both for and against his being brought aboard. I haven't made up my mind on him yet. Until I do, I would tend to go in a different direction.

At 4-11 I think they shut him down for the season so they could develop Douglas, Thornton and use the roster spot to look at players sitting out there on practice squads.

You gain nothing by playing him at this point and he hasn’t missed a practice since the offseason started. A year removed from knee surgery, he’ll be back stronger next season.

People moaning that they should have signed Meyers instead… what’s the difference when Mac took a nose dive. Juju just had 90 yards receiving his last game with Zappe, we had a QB problem not a weapons problem.
Very true.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back