PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Julian Edelman - The Irony! Deflates ballboy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was flying out of bounds, the ball boy got levied, Edelman didn't really have a choice, he was pushed in that direction. He lowered the part of his body that was least likely to injure the dude and was looking back to see if he was ok. It's a non-issue. he didn't have time to stop play to go check on him
Agreed. It was "intentional" in that it looked like Edelman was trying to stop his own momentum, keep himself upright and avoid just running into the guy head-on. To suggest he was trying to "blow the guy up" is a little silly.

Did anybody catch this? During the 1st quarter with about 40 seconds left Julian Edelman caught a ball from Jimmy G and proceeded to "deflate" a ballboy on the Cardinals sideline and proceeded to stare him down after ramming into him.

I couldn't tell if it was intentional, but if it wasn't then HOLY DAMN THAT IRONY! Brady's first game out and Edelman deflates a ballboy. What are the chances? If not, that was a clever message sent by him.

he ran into a few people and a net on the sideline.....the 2nd time he bounced off a person he looked to be saying something to an official......kind of like "these people need to pay attention"

In Edelman's defense, the ball boy is just standing there looking at Edelman. He didn't even bother to move or at least duck.

If you're on the sideline, it is your obligation to move to avoid being hit. The guy stood there expecting Edelman to avoid him....and he paid the price.. NBD nothing to see here.....

I thought he could have given a hand and help the poor guy to stand up but I don't know the culture on the sidelines, Edelman was fired up, sometimes gotta keep going.

If you're on the sideline, it is your obligation to move to avoid being hit. The guy stood there expecting Edelman to avoid him....and he paid the price.. NBD nothing to see here.....

My read on that at the time was he was staring at the guy because he just stood there unmoving. as the player went out of bounds, with other staff apparently running to the point around him if he wanted to avoid that guy. And the guy is bigger than Edelman. He didn't run over some kid cowering in the corner.

Move your arse if you are standing on the sideline watching a player run out of bounds. That is not on the player, and stupidity like that can get a player hurt if he gets tangled up.

IMO: Most of the time, if you're in the stands and get hit with a baseball, you weren't paying attention. This guy wasn't some casual, star-struck fan. He looks to be a team worker. Didn't look like he even tried to move.

I'm just glad Julian is OK. No big story here.

To be honest there was a good chance an encounter like that doesn't end well for the player.

Edelman might have really hurt himself if he did everything in his power to avoid a collision with a guy who was standing there like a statue. It's not and should not be on to the player to avoid these collisions within reason.

I bet that guy won't stand there like that again.

In Edelman's defense, the ball boy is just standing there looking at Edelman. He didn't even bother to move or at least duck.

If it came down to either Edelman or the ball boy getting hurt, I know who 100% of us would pick.

That's why I don't care one way or another that he trucked him. The ball boy is okay and so is Edelman.

I thought he could have given a hand and help the poor guy to stand up but I don't know the culture on the sidelines, Edelman was fired up, sometimes gotta keep going.

The "culture " is to either get out of the way or help the player slow down. This guy did neither.

As for the player he needs to get back into the huddle. Play clock is ticking.

To be honest there was a good chance an encounter like that doesn't end well for the player.

Edelman might have really hurt himself if he did everything in his power to avoid a collision with a guy who was standing there like a statue. It's not and should not be on to the player to avoid these collisions within reason.

I bet that guy won't stand there like that again.

Could not figure out how the ball boy could be looking dead on the whole time at an NFL player barreling toward him and not...step to the side? Or put his hands out to help slow the guy down? Wouldn't simple reflexes make you do something instead of just stand there and watch as he plows into you?

Could not figure out how the ball boy could be looking dead on the whole time at an NFL player barreling toward him and not...step to the side? Or put his hands out to help slow the guy down? Wouldn't simple reflexes make you do something instead of just stand there and watch as he plows into you?
Can you say "lawsuit"? It's like seeing a wet floor at a supermarket and no wet floor sign. Time to break a hip and get paid $$$

Can you say "lawsuit"? It's like seeing a wet floor at a supermarket and no wet floor sign. Time to break a hip and get paid $$$

You can't collect damages for being hit in the head with a fly ball at a baseball game. Being hit with a flying football player on the sidelines of an NFL game is much the same.

Bs. It was not on purpose, and he "stared" to see if he was ok. At this site we shouldn't feed the ******** machine.

LOL. As I said, I don't care one way or another, but if Edelman really cared about that putz being okay, he would have probably helped him up. He didn't give two ****s and he shouldn't have. He probably thought the guy was an idiot for not moving out of the way.

You can't collect damages for being hit in the head with a fly ball at a baseball game. Being hit with a flying football player on the sidelines of an NFL game is much the same.
I was joking but thanks for the info lol

It's just instinctive to lower your shoulder when you are about to hit someone when running the ball..

I was joking but thanks for the info lol

Yep, I get that you were joking -- it's just what came to mind when I saw the collision! It's amazing there aren't more sideline injuries, I guess most folks have quicker reflexes than that guy.

Yep, I get that you were joking -- it's just what came to mind when I saw the collision! It's amazing there aren't more sideline injuries, I guess most folks have quicker reflexes than that guy.

In the sideline guy's defense, who here jumps out of the way of a flying squirrel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
Back