PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Left Tackle will be huge ongoing problem for Pats this season

Belichick is the greatest defensive mind n the history of the NFL, but there have been issues on the OL since the rising star Cole Popovich was dumped because of fearful idiocy by the league office.

Popovich may or may not be a good OL coach, I really don’t know, but the issue with the OL really goes to Scar retiring, and the challenge of replacing possibly the GOAT OL coach. As for drafting a LT high in the last draft goes it would have been a waste of a first round pick, as this was a really weak first round at OT, and they were able to get a great CB prospect with their first.

Popovich may or may not be a good OL coach, I really don’t know, but the issue with the OL really goes to Scar retiring, and the challenge of replacing possibly the GOAT OL coach. As for drafting a LT high in the last draft goes it would have been a waste of a first round pick, as this was a really weak first round at OT, and they were able to get a great CB prospect with their first.
IMO players were still dialed in and had good habits after Scar left. Pop was just the next coach.

Huh?

Love the optimism but lets not put the cart before the horse. Strange was often a liability last season. Given the clusterphuck coaching ensemble that Dear Leader subjected his offense to, the players deserve the benefit of the doubt, especially the first-year OL like Strange who were saddled with a double dose of Patricia as "coordinator", OL coach, and bobo. That being said, Strange was at times physically overmatched in one-on-ones and questions about his lower body strength are legit. Strange's high draft position likely had much to do with his athleticism that would fit the zone blocking scheme the team was attempting to transition to. If BB/O'Brien opt to emphasize their tradition gap scheme, Strange may lack the stoutness to thrive in that scheme. Time will tell. Hopefully everyday this past offseason was 'leg day' for Strange. And hopefully he didn't hire Shawn Crable's leg guy.
Everyone has his view. Lots of folks think poorly of any draftee that they wouldn't have chosen. I understand that folks think that Strange should have been a 3rd rounder. That doesn't make his play any worse.

That being said, Strange was NOT mediocre. Bu then, that is my opinion.

IMO players were still dialed in and had good habits after Scar left. Pop was just the next coach.

That makes sense, but Scar was able to turn just about any player he coached into a good to great player, it was really impressive.

That makes sense, but Scar was able to turn just about any player he coached into a good to great player, it was really impressive.
100% agree…preaching to the choir.

M)
after Popovinch left last year was a total cluster for the OL coaching, on top of everything else.

at least this year Coach Klemm is reported to be a disciple of Scar. Let’s hope he can work similar magic.

I’m not asking anybody to correctly pick the good players. I just want confirmation that the Patriots’ moves are being compared to what the real alternatives were and not to some Madden create-a-player that probably doesn’t exist, because that’s sure what it sounds like right now.
My apologies if I came across as smarmy. I don't always express myself clearly enough.

My opinion is basically that Bill should know the players and know what those alternatives are better than anyone else because he's paid to do just that. Personally, I take a wait and see approach because each year is different, but I did notice some unhappy campers in this thread.

Yeah I’ve read that more then once…

Rumor has it that Klemm's poor relationship with Steelers Offensive Coordinator Matt Canada was the main reason why Head Coach Mike Tomlin agreed to the release of Klemm in the first place.

Some negative comments in the article. We will see this year if it’s valid.

Last edited:
Thanks for the lulz. What a pos article that was. I want you to give me back the minutes I wasted reading it.
I actually loved the article. It proved that after all these years the Pats still own a chunk of land in the Squealers psyche.

Rumor has it that Klemm's poor relationship with Steelers Offensive Coordinator Matt Canada was the main reason why Head Coach Mike Tomlin agreed to the release of Klemm in the first place.

Oh...Canada.

Oh...Canada.
Oh...Calcutta

anyway, my ace resource just told me that Tomlin got rid of Klemm for trippin'...said eubonics scholar Tomlin...there's only room for one trippin' fool on this team! Noam sain??!!!

Pittsburgh writer, writing for an audience of Pittsburgh fans, about a former Pittsburgh coach joining the Patriots coaching staff.

You should know before even starting to read that the only way the author will say anything positive about that coach will be if he’s going to bash the Steelers front office for letting him get away, and that’s not happening.

No surprise about the negative comments, other than such a poor job presenting them.

I don’t think there’s much to take away from Klemm’s 2021 season given that two years later, three of those starters are now backups while another is unemployed entirely.

First of all Brown wasn't an issue last year. He came in motivated and appeared to give full effort.
The OL had Matty-Fatty-Pword coaching the line. So everything should start from scratch with BOB and Klemm.
Then lets see who can't play. Until Brown completely stops trying, he's the guy. Then, just like McDermott last year, if one of the vets outplays others with smarts and grit, I'm fine with that.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back