PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Content Post Let's Talk Free Agency 2024

This has an opening post with good commentary and information, which we definitely recommend reading.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People keep writing that the Steelers are great at drafting receivers. But they have more misses than hits.

2022, 2nd round, George Pickens
2020, 2nd round, Chase Claypool
2019, 2nd round, Diontae Johnson
2018, 2nd round, James Washington
2017, 2nd round, JuJu Smith-Schuster
2015, 3rd round, Sammie Coates

JuJu had a 900 yard season as a rookie, a 1400 yard season in year 2, was injured, came back and had a 900 yard season got injured, went to kc and had a 900 yard season.

I don't count this as a miss IMO.

Claypool has almost 900 yards in his first two season before the wheels came off, and then the steelers managed to get 2nd round pick for him. Again not a miss.

Dionte Johnson 700, 900, 1100, 900, 700 yard each season since coming into the league. That's not a miss.

George Pickens. 2 years in, 800 yard, 1100 yards.

My brother in christ, what the **** are you talking about with your "miss" list.

2 misses out of 6 in the last 7 years by my count. The patriots would kill for prime of ANY of the 4 i listed above.

People keep writing that the Steelers are great at drafting receivers. But they have more misses than hits.

2022, 2nd round, George Pickens
2020, 2nd round, Chase Claypool
2019, 2nd round, Diontae Johnson
2018, 2nd round, James Washington
2017, 2nd round, JuJu Smith-Schuster
2015, 3rd round, Sammie Coates
Pickens, although a headcase, is pretty d@mn good.
Claypool had two decent seasons then fizzled
Johnson is a solid NFL receiver unlike anything we have
Washington not really good
Smith-Schuster was pretty good pre injuries
Coates, not real sure who that is.

Pickens, Johnson, Smith-Schuster were pretty darn good 2nd round picks.
Claypool was okish

I would take a WR room that included Pickens, Johnson and a healthy Smith-Schuster

Terrible list…but he forgot Tyler Boyd

Hitting on 40-45% of your early round WR picks is great for the NFL. The league average is around 33%.

IMG_1985.jpeg

This data is a little bit old as this point, but I doubt that the numbers have changed dramatically since then. 33% is low. The Steelers been good at the position but the fact that they are volume drafters at the position on day 1 and 2 has also played a key role.

There are some surprising numbers in this analysis. The Pats aren’t far behind Pitt and are much higher in general than I would have expected. IMG_1986.jpegIMG_1989.jpeg

I'd love to come out of FA with Tavon Austin, Patrick Queen and one of Jimmy G (if released) or Brisett.

The Bills defense is going to be swiss cheese next season.
They were missing all these guys when they shut down Miami 2x. Milano was even out. If they can grab a couple new safeties, they might even be much improved.

They were missing all these guys when they shut down Miami 2x. Milano was even out. If they can grab a couple new safeties, they might even be much improved.
Everyone shuts down Miami late in the season. Miami has a serious problem flaming out as the season progresses. Bills D needs two new S's and a couple CB's for starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick