PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac Not Happy With the Groceries

Whether Mac knew about this quote getting out or not, ain’t a good look for him inside Foxboro or out. He or his people have to control these types of quotes getting out.

He has been dealt a bad hand by Belichick the last two seasons, but he has imploded the last two games. That is on him.

Mac is the true savior. Don’t let your faith be shaken.
It could be anyone or just someone the writer made up. There's no way to verify it.

And I mean, don't trust anonymous sources in general not just in this case.

What's the point in giving Mac weapons when every sideline throw beyond 20 yards is a quacking duck that with hangtime like it's a punt.

The guy is a noodled armed stiff who will never been anymore than mediocre even with elite talent around him, watch the games, he's not good.

If Mac had anything to do with this quote this to me is just like what Zach Wilson said that got him in the Jete doghouse and benched. Maybe worse because he went through a proxy to say it.

Hopefully he didn’t.

Whether Mac knew about this quote getting out or not, ain’t a good look for him inside Foxboro or out. He or his people have to control these types of quotes getting out.

He has been dealt a bad hand by Belichick the last two seasons, but he has imploded the last two games. That is on him.
Just to make sure I'm understanding this, we're only talking two bad games for Mac? Why are you giving up on him then?

Mac better get some damage control going. Quickly

Just to make sure I'm understanding this, we're only talking two bad games for Mac? Why are you giving up on him then?

He’s trying to balance his narrative and avoid being exposed as a moron to the 3 remaining people on the planet who don’t know.

Not sure why people are dismissing this just because Mac didn’t say it himself. This is the kind of thing Bill loathes most of all. He was pissed Mac simply called outside the building for offensive help last year. Someone close to him talking **** about the roster he’s currently on is worse. Not a good look, and won’t endear him to his teammates - a group he desperately needs to win back if he wants to keep his job.

To me, it feels like controlling the narrative by a dude who knows he’s about to see the bench or the transaction wire.

Not sure why people are dismissing this just because Mac didn’t say it himself. This is the kind of thing Bill loathes most of all. He was pissed Mac simply called outside the building for offensive help last year. Someone close to him talking **** about the roster he’s currently on is worse. Not a good look, and won’t endear him to his teammates - a group he desperately needs to win back if he wants to keep his job.

To me, it feels like controlling the narrative by a dude who knows he’s about to see the bench or the transaction wire.
That's the problem with anonymous sources. We don't know who talked to reporters or if the reporter just made it up.

If we’re gonna ask Mac to cook the meal, we outta let him shop for the groceries.

These are two games where he completely imploded. This is a case of him being broken. This like the first three weeks where he played reasonably well and made mistakes in part because he was under pressure.

This is like Tony Eason. Despite general perceptions, Eason was decent early in his career. But is o-line started to get him killed and he started to see ghosts and fell apart.

Whatever the reasons for it, Mac’s confidence is gone and he looks like Eason did when he started to see ghosts.

If Mac somehow pulls out of this and plays well, I could change my mind. I just think he may be too lost at this point.

Whether Mac said similar words or not, the players and specifically his receivers will not take this kind of thing lightly.

That’s who he is stuck with right now, he’s gotta try to build trust and faith with these guys. This does the exact opposite and it’s demoralizing for all involved.

Fun Fact:

"On Sunday, quarterback Mac Jones threw his fourth pick-six at Gillette Stadium, which ties the number of interceptions returned for touchdowns that Brady had on New England's home field, according to ESPN Stats & Info. The biggest difference? Brady threw that many from 2002 (when Gillette opened) to 2019, while Jones did it from 2021 to now."

How long will it take him to Break Brady's record??

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
Back