PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mankins and Seabass participate in full pads practice today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
solder has been excellent while filling in, and is in game shape and healthy, you dont take out a guy whos doing that well for a guy who is out of shape, not game ready, and hurt just for kicks

the difference in level of play is not large enough.....when we faced the broncos last time, Solder did a hell of a job, he should start against them again

Wasnt he the one that missed the blocking assignment that allowed Dummerville to smash Brady?

I rather have solder on miller.. seabass wayyyy too rusty.. imo

What I'm nervous about is that I think Denver will install the same defensive gameplan they did against Oakland and bring Miller inside and align him off the A or B gap and bring pressure up the middle. That's been Brady's kryptonite as we all know too well.

Good news if they can hold up both today and post-practice.

Exactly. I'd guess that there are a number of check-points the team uses to understand how likely the chances a player will suit up on Saturday.

Well know for sure if they are active 90 min before kickoff

Last edited:
This is fantastic news. I still wonder if Vollmer will be ready enough to put on a uniform on Saturday, but just the fact that the team is seemingly healthy must be a real boost.

Wasnt he the one that missed the blocking assignment that allowed Dummerville to smash Brady?

Yes. And my man SeaBass read the blocking wrong such that Brady got a safety in an earlier game. Guys do miss blocks and assignments.

What I'm nervous about is that I think Denver will install the same defensive gameplan they did against Oakland and bring Miller inside and align him off the A or B gap and bring pressure up the middle. That's been Brady's kryptonite as we all know too well.

We do have a blocking FB on the roster now unless he gets cut for Ventrone

Last edited:
Hopefully once again we can see the effective combination of Vollmer at RT and Solder at blocking TE. With Gronk on the field and either a RB in the backfield or to give a twist, Hernandez, it gives the opposing DC something to panic about.

I like this. We can run on Denver.

Miller and Dumervil were MIA last time, shut their asses down again.

Gald to hear that back-up Seabass Vollmer back...but he has nothing on Nate Soldier who is a Beast!

This. Dumervil stays on the edge but they move Miller around quite a bit.

What? Solder has been noticeably better than Vollmer when filling in at RT this season.

I don't suppose Vollmer's back injury had anything to do with that.

This. Dumervil stays on the edge but they move Miller around quite a bit.

I don't recall Miller doing much during the last meeting... he's wearing a cast on his arm, correct?

I wonder how much, if anything, that affects his game.

That was mostly on Waters.

Nope. The inside DT rushed inside after lining up across Solder. Doom was on the right side of Solder. DT stunted inside and Waters picked him up and Solder followed (more like slide inside) and let Doom come in free untouched.

Last edited:
I didn't realize our standards were so high, that a rookie who has done fabulously all year, could lose his job because of one missed assignment.

Sorry, SeaBass has been terrible this year. Probably because of the injury, but who is to say he will be 100% healthy this week? Last time he came back from the injury, he was flat out terrible. If you want to get him a few snaps this week to get him back into the thick of things at RT fine, but Soldier should be the starter IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back