PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marcus Cannon dominated Von Miller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only one word is needed here:

Scar

Dante is truly one of the game's all-time great teachers. But I suspect that in Cannon's case two words might be needed: Scar + Health.

Regardless, if Cannon was 1-on-1 with Miller as much as it seemed, he should be an offensive player of the week candidate. It won't happen of course, but it should.

What the hell, Cannon? ************ he is playing out of his mind. I was ready to toss this guy into the scrap heap after last season but he has worked hard and Scar's return no doubt has had a huge role.

Dude when he tossed Miller on his ass...that felt so good.

Wait what? Von Miller played in this game? You serious? I thought he was injured!

So close to get that ultimate praise from his OC ..

Q: What stood out to you from Marcus Cannon going up against one of the best players in the game in Von Miller?

JM: Yeah, he's one of the best players in the league at any position, I'm talking about [Von] Miller,

I think Cannon played a great game against Miller but game plan and their ability to execute it made a much bigger difference imo. No OT could block a pass rusher of Millers ability when he knows they are throwing and tees off all day. The Patriots OL got to hit Miller and Ware instead of getting hit all day by them and that was the difference for all of them. Big props to all of them but it wouldn't happen if they couldn't have established physical dominance as a line.

I think this is their biggest difference as an offense, they can throw all day but they are as physical as it gets, and if you want to go light they will punish you.

Last edited:
So did McClellin.. lmao. Genius!

edit: McClellin is automatically an ineligible receiver because of his number. Miller thought that he was eligible. Took him out of the play completely. 58 vs 58!

What a difference a year makes. A healthy offensive line, top-notch coaching from Scar, and a physical mentality that permeates throughout the entire roster was manifest in the performance of Cannon yesterday. One of the things that stood out was how Cannon would not get into a hand fight with Miller, thus preventing him from executing one of his signature moves.

All in all, the last two weeks have been a joy to watch this team dominate the LOS on both sides against opponents that have the reputation as being among the most physical teams in the NFL.

Good for Cannon.

He has been through hell and came out like stainless steel.

What a difference a year makes. A healthy offensive line, top-notch coaching from Scar, and a physical mentality that permeates throughout the entire roster was manifest in the performance of Cannon yesterday. One of the things that stood out was how Cannon would not get into a hand fight with Miller, thus preventing him from executing one of his signature moves.

All in all, the last two weeks have been a joy to watch this team dominate the LOS on both sides against opponents that have the reputation as being among the most physical teams in the NFL.

Two biggest coaching changes - OL and Strength and Conditioning. Both are much better this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore