PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mark Daniels on the fall of Mac Jones

In fairness, I don't know if @Triumph was referencing Corky from Life Goes On. He is obviously demeaning Mac, but I didn't get it in that way. My take is Triumph might be too young to get that reference. I get he is on the younger side. I don't know if he was even alive when that show was on the air. I mean it was cancelled about 30 years ago.

I think he is is in his 20s. I hope to God he is in his 20s because it would be scary for someone much older than that to act this way. Hell, it is scary for a guy in his 20s to act this way.

But either way, the Corky reference is tired. But so is his act. Mac Jones has likely spent his last game in a Patriots uniform. Every thread doesn't have to turn into endless references to "Corky".
Igor or Ivan is a whiny idiot.

This article pretty much makes everyone look bad. Belichick, Jones, Patricia, a lot of the players, etc. all don't look good in this piece. The only positive from Jones' perspective is that he seems to have learned from his mistakes and might be a better QB going forward.

This article though is strong case that the Pats were desperate in need of a complete reboot from the coaching staff to nearly the entire offense including and probably specifically Jones.

I hope Mac has learned from his mistakes and turns his career around. Doubt it will be here, but I never root for a guy to fail unless they are a complete d-bag.
I agree with you…..anyone coming after Brady was in for it. His rookie season showed so much promise and he had good connection with McD….would be interesting to see what may have been if McD had not left and had Curly and Moe come in to take over the offense. I do think that the fan base here has changed a bit and fans are similiar to NY in getting rabidly down on a QB if he has a bad game or two. He has brought a lot of stuff on himself for sure…..but had to deal with some of the worst drafting and coaching in any teams history ….BB, Patricia and Judge definitely played their role in destroying this kid. He needs to move on from here to a fresh start and different fan base…..bringing him back in 24’ here would be a epic mistake

McCorkle is literally his name. So there's no need to get offended.

Mac as well as Corky would be nicknames derived from McCorkle.

"Mac Jones, born Michael McCorkle Jones, is a talented athlete with a dynamic personality and a 4.0 GPA. Source: MAC JONES: Quarterback for the Alabama Crimson Tide
I don’t think anyone ever referred to him as corky though did they?! Never heard that before…..his nickname was always Mac from what I’ve read…..

Reading the article it made me feel like bill and Bob were the biggest culprits and with the line being so horrendous mac began to play like mahomes without realizing he does not have that game style. Trying to do too many things. I feel sorry for Mac.

He should get a real fighting chance in offseason to compete . If we get a Decent offensive line coordinator and stability on offensive line hopefully whichever QB comes he will play well. At this point I would just trade down and grab an OT at 5 or 6 and use the extra 2nd rounder and 77 on Bo Nix and number 34 on the best available wide receiver. Let Mac start the first few games as a bridge and we will take it from there .
I agree with most of what you said except….bringing him back here. I think he needs a fresh start somewhere else and Pats need to bring in a new QB draftee and a vet and start over as well

Six plays later, on the pivotal drive, Vederian Lowe was beaten badly in pass protection, and Jones rushed his throw to Mike Gesicki. Jones threw off his back foot and was easily intercepted by Blackmon at 4:25 of the fourth quarter

I said this almost word for word about Lowe on that Colts INT of Jones...and I was called a Mac shill. Lol

mac jones tried to root for Zappe's success and therefore the teams success openly during games but did not speak to zappe behind closed doors.

Waste of a roster spot, relase him ASAP, he is poison for any team sports

Mac *****ing about his treatment to the Rats before the game. Lol

"According to a source who was on the field pregame, the Patriots quarterback was so bothered by his team’s lack of communication, he told a member of the Jets’ staff that he appreciated how their organization handled Wilson’s situation."

"After Week 12, when Jones was benched, Belichick eventually stopped speaking to his quarterback. That lack of communication came to a head in the Patriots’ final game. It created an uncomfortable situation. Jones openly rooted for Zappe trying to show coaches he was handling his demotion maturely. However, behind closed doors, observers noted Jones had little support. It seemed like he was being shut out."

I remember when the report came out in '22 that Mac was reaching outside Foxboro for advice from other coaches, I said that was a huge no-no with Bill and he was done w/ him. I was called a Mac hater for saying that. Lol

"After Week 12, when Jones was benched, Belichick eventually stopped speaking to his quarterback. That lack of communication came to a head in the Patriots’ final game. It created an uncomfortable situation. Jones openly rooted for Zappe trying to show coaches he was handling his demotion maturely. However, behind closed doors, observers noted Jones had little support. It seemed like he was being shut out."

I remember when the report came out in '22 that Mac was reaching outside Foxboro for advice from other coaches, I said that was a huge no-no with Bill and he was done w/ him. I was called a Mac hater for saying that. Lol
So...why did he talk to him at all this season if he was still butthurt about Mac looking for advise outside the building the previous year?

This has gotten blown way out of proportion. Players and coaches from other teams talk to each other. A lot of the times they even talk to coaches who coached them in college. Shock! Horror!

View attachment 56322

So either he likes wearing his name on a chain cause he's a complete douche who really would wear that in public or he's wearing it because his girlfriend got that for him and wanted him to wear it. Hopefully it's the second reason.
I believe the young kids call it "branding". That's probably a Mac10 chain. He's trying to start a company/business based on it. Interestingly enough when you google Mac10 you get sent to pictures/articles on the Mac10 submachinegun. Not sure if his branding is intentional and he wants to be associated with guns or it's just a coincidence of his jersey number.

Funny enough, the most valuable Mac Jones collector card, listed at $400, has another player's name on it - Justin Herbert.

Mac Jones Error Name Print Ebay listing.

So...why did he talk to him at all this season if he was still butthurt about Mac looking for advise outside the building the previous year?

This has gotten blown way out of proportion. Players and coaches from other teams talk to each other. A lot of the times they even talk to coaches who coached them in college. Shock! Horror!
I think we can place some blame on both sides, but the team didn't do Mac any favors to set him up for success, best to move on and give him a fresh start somewhere else and let the new coaches handle the new QB, hopefully the right way.

In fairness, I don't know if @Triumph was referencing Corky from Life Goes On.
If that's a TV show, then I've never heard of it or seen it. Must be why I don't get this reference. Seems kinda obscure to be honest.

24 years is a long time and players today are probably different than they were two decades ago, it was time for Bill to go, might be time for him to just hang it up for good. Great career and I've enjoyed the majority of it but age gets everyone.

24 years is a long time and players today are probably different than they were two decades ago, it was time for Bill to go, might be time for him to just hang it up for good. Great career and I've enjoyed the majority of it but age gets everyone.
He probably has to adjust the way he adresses his players
I read that mcdaniels tried to be bb like with the raiders and failed, they played twice as good under their interim hc

I think if BB could loose it up a bit in his old days he could still be a good coach for lots of nfl teams , I wouldn’t let him shop the groceries though

Amazing that a BB coached team didn't do their homework on a lot of things.

Like on Juju's chronic injury and on Jones himself. A guy who never wanted to be a leader was still our first round QB pick? Woof.
And the guys that wanted JuJu and Mac over Jakobi and another QB in the 2nd or 3rd round are still on the Patriots. Good luck.

@archstanton543 that post was for good reason, had a nice rookie campaign, and then we know what happened after that when Josh left...
You need an act 2. The guy has no arm or can't throw an out. Our OCs sucked in 2022, but that didn't suck strength from the guy's arm. He can't throw an out. The opposing teams knew it. The book was out on him.

It seems like damage control, but poorly done. That kind of injury doesn't explain jumping off the back foot to throw a pass. In fact, with that kind of injury, you'd assume he'd want to step into the throw. It could explain the duck, but not necessarily the very poor mechanics that, at least in part, produced that kind of throw.
And in retrospect, Mac believes he should have taken a sack!?!?!?!

Gesicki is wide open in the end zone, he has time to throw, but he thinks the smart thing to do is curl up into a ball when the score is 10-6!!!!

I said this almost word for word about Lowe on that Colts INT of Jones...and I was called a Mac shill. Lol
This is because Mac had plenty of time to throw it but bailed. Gesicki was wide open. 7th rounder Purdy stood in and showed guts last night. Mac is afraid. That's why that happened, not because of Lowe.

Here, look at it again:

And the guys that wanted JuJu and Mac over Jakobi and another QB in the 2nd or 3rd round are still on the Patriots. Good luck.
Every good decision ever made = Belichick
Every bad decision ever made = not Belichick

Every good draft ever made = Belichick
Every bad draft ever made = not Belichick or reasons.

You may want to change up your tired old routine. We get it, you believe Belichick walks on water. However, coming from the dude that's been wrong 90% of the times on here, with zero credibility, you need to mix it up a little bit. You know, mix in your BS with a little bit of truth once in a while. Just saying.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back