PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dissension among the ranks

Gumby

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
You can hate BB media style if you like (I was a fan); but it did help keep some of the internal squabbling “IN HOUSE”.

The two below stories are examples of someone trying to control the narrative.
-was the Mayo likes Mac working out just a media clickbait article (or prompted from a Mac camp [is there anyone but Mac still in that camp?] person)?

Patriots’ Mac Jones impressing Jerod Mayo amid uncertain future

Regardless, this next one was prompted by it:
Somebody wants Mac gone and is willing to use the press.

Report: Some Patriots teammates ‘sick' of Mac Jones - Yahoo Sports

there is obviously dissension there.

so how does Mayo deal with this?

Or is he ok with it boiling up outside the building and we have our own soap opera.

You can hate BB media style if you like (I was a fan); but it did help keep some of the internal squabbling “IN HOUSE”.

-was the Mayo likes Mac working out just a media clickbait article (or prompted from a Mac camp [is there anyone but Mac still in that camp?] person)?

Or is he ok with it boiling up outside the building and we have our own soap opera.
The first 'someone' is either Mayo or Kraft, or whomever's running the PR down there now.

The second "Someone" is a player, or group of players. Likely one of the better ones, because no one cares what Myles Bryant has to say about anything.

Mayo deals with it by doing what his boss wants him to do. Also, expect plenty of soap opera, it's a new transparent time in Foxboro.

The media lives for leaks, drama, etc. Besides gate scandals, BB made their job very hard. They probably have all this pent up energy that BB held back that they are just waiting to unleash on Mayo. The media does have the power to get coaches fired. I hope Mayo is ready.

Both articles point in the same direction... They just go about it differently...

The second article is a hit piece on Mac... No doubt about it... Helps the team move on from Mac without much gruff from whatever fans he might still have in the region ...

The first article? Maybe an attempt at rehabbing his rep so he can find a soft landing spot when they release him...

As for BBs media presence, it was one of my favorite things about him.

Kraft loves McCorky and thats all that matters.

GM Bob will build around his franchise QB.
McCormack came to him and said he is the second best influential QB ha had made and Kraft misunderstood him. Mac was the QB that was going to tier it all up.

Both articles point in the same direction... They just go about it differently...

The second article is a hit piece on Mac... No doubt about it... Helps the team move on from Mac without much gruff from whatever fans he might still have in the region ...

The first article? Maybe an attempt at rehabbing his rep so he can find a soft landing spot when they release him...

As for BBs media presence, it was one of my favorite things about him.
At first I got a kick out of Bill's schtick but that wore off at some point. And by the end it was pissing me off. I'd rather be entertained and hear about the team and I'm sure that Bill was smart enough to figure out how to do that. He chose not to for some reason.

The Pats should do a real quick deal with Atlanta and trade them Mac Jones. :rofl:

At first I got a kick out of Bill's schtick but that wore off at some point. And by the end it was pissing me off. I'd rather be entertained and hear about the team and I'm sure that Bill was smart enough to figure out how to do that. He chose not to for some reason.

The Pats should do a real quick deal with Atlanta and trade them Mac Jones. :rofl:
the whole media shtick was what it was. I enjoyed it, even more so the crustier he became. But i get it - we all are accustomed to instant information 24/7 at this point.

Made us more knowledgeable on the whole though. We, as info restricted fans, learned how to parse what he was saying in light of what was transpiring. Reports from credible sources were scoured, confirmed or disavowed, etc. It gave us better insight into the franchise as a whole because we took the time to read into what was of a particular interest to us. Compare it to now when every little detail is spoon-fed to the fans/readers (to further an agenda in some cases) and you can see wholesale opinion shifts based on whats being reported.

Didn't bother me in the slightest.

The first 'someone' is either Mayo or Kraft, or whomever's running the PR down there now.

The second "Someone" is a player, or group of players. Likely one of the better ones, because no one cares what Myles Bryant has to say about anything.

Mayo deals with it by doing what his boss wants him to do. Also, expect plenty of soap opera, it's a new transparent time in Foxboro.
I get the impression Kraft likes the limelight, and he felt overshadowed by BB and Brady.

The media lives for leaks, drama, etc. Besides gate scandals, BB made their job very hard. They probably have all this pent up energy that BB held back that they are just waiting to unleash on Mayo. The media does have the power to get coaches fired. I hope Mayo is ready.
And the media has an undue influence on the fortunes of the team.

Exhibit A is John Tomase.

He actively participated in sabotaging the Pats’ perfect season and the beginning of the NFL pilfering their prime draft picks.

the whole media shtick was what it was. I enjoyed it, even more so the crustier he became. But i get it - we all are accustomed to instant information 24/7 at this point.

Made us more knowledgeable on the whole though. We, as info restricted fans, learned how to parse what he was saying in light of what was transpiring. Reports from credible sources were scoured, confirmed or disavowed, etc. It gave us better insight into the franchise as a whole because we took the time to read into what was of a particular interest to us. Compare it to now when every little detail is spoon-fed to the fans/readers (to further an agenda in some cases) and you can see wholesale opinion shifts based on whats being reported.

Didn't bother me in the slightest.
Yep, the power of the press is a real thing.

I'm probably a little biased about Bill because I have a friend who used to have to interview him and he had a lot of negative experiences with Bill that he shared with me.

The team will likely hold on to the Bailey Jones QB connection, until they get someone better this off season. Mac is here for now.. the players saying this are likely as you said one or some of the better player's.. on defense I'd imagine.

Mayo just has to handle it the way he sees fit.

He actively participated in sabotaging the Pats’ perfect season and the beginning of the NFL pilfering their prime draft picks.
Why does John Tomase still have a job in this town?

Kraft loves McCorky and thats all that matters.

GM Bob will build around his franchise QB.
We are now Cowboys North with an elderly, meddling owner steering the ship. Still can't believe a GM has not been (and likely will not be) hired. Mediocrity on the horizon.

Not sure why but Tomase makes me think of…
cb0c4a5d-5fb3-4dd3-97bc-c298937ca38e_text.gif

Is that true? I seriously doubt it. Kraft is not blind.
He wants an Uncle Bob relationship with Macorky like he had with Brady. The Son Kraft never had.

Plus, it was Patricia, Judge, Belichicks, OL and the WRs fault.

I was one of Mayo's biggest cheerleaders on here for months but if he chooses to start Mac, I will turn on him so quickly.

That said probably a bunch of smoke at this point. I refuse to believe that anyone with 2 football brain cells would have looked at Mac last year and said we can work with that.

Both articles could be true. It's up to Mac to shut up, earn back some respect and lead by example. If he does, Mayo will support him and make sure the team falls in line.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back