PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mark Daniels on the fall of Mac Jones

His first 2 or 3 years still on the St Louis Rams he was a terrible bust
Goff never played in St-Louis

IMG_1855.jpeg

That’s his first 3 years in the league. Truly awful bust

There was a TV show years ago about a kid with Downs Syndrome, and apparently the kid being smarter and more likable than Triumph made him jealous, so he’s been using it as an insult for a long time. Which says all you need to know about him. Unfortunately a number of other posters here have embraced it recently, and whether they know it or not it’s a really ****ty thing to do.
And that slack jawed kid was named Igor who poops his pants like Brandon.

Ahhh…thx for the context. I’m 44 so not sure how old that show was but I hadn’t heard of it.

I literally thought it was taking his middle name and shortening it. Like calling Tom “Little Tommy” if he played poorly or something.
There was no TV show.

Igor lies constantly but is speaking about his own life.

Adapt to what? Instability?
It’s clear that after his « pro bowl » rookie season Mac was a little bit full of himself and tought that he was now the one controlling the offense. He was chock when Bill told him which offense to run and he didn’t like it.

Turning everybody on offense against the coaching staff.

Mac Jones was the grain of sand that f*cked the machinery

"He didn't want to be a leader... wanted to be "one of the guys" "

telling quote right there... Lead or get out of the way...
You know the QB sets the tone, right Mac?

I mean, wtf? The last guy here was the unquestioned leader. What the hell, Mac? I am all set with him.

You know the QB sets the tone, right Mac?

I mean, wtf? The last guy here was the unquestioned leader. What the hell, Mac? I am all set with him.
Well, I mean, Brady won the Super Bowl in his second season in the league. That makes getting credibility pretty easy.

Well, I mean, Brady won the Super Bowl in his second season in the league. That makes getting credibility pretty easy.
Tom Brady was a leader day one. As a rookie, he took other rooks out and rans plays after practice. Mac wants to be one of the guys.

Not the same.

We were 10-7 , I'd be over the moon to have even though flawed as you mentioned a season comparable offensively to 2021, top 10 in every offensive stat that mattered. So basically like all rookies he hit the wall. Don't get me wrong I'm no way advocating for him to remain.

Mac did not hit a wall. The opposing defenses figured out what McDaniels game plans were and countered with a different defensive alignment. The Pats countered in the normal way, but Mac could not make the throws. That was the end of Mac being a starter in the NFL and we had to watch him slowly implode over two years - I have no idea why we were subjected to that excruciating display. Some people say BB and the coaching sucked and ruined Mac, some people say BB and the coaches wanted to move on from Mac and Kraft insisted on keeping him. Mac might be a good backup, but he is not a starter in the NFL and comparisions to Goff or others are not equivalent because Mac does not have arm talent.

Leadership in the locker room is the most underrated aspect of Brady's career. Belichick benefitted 100% from having Brady keep the troops in line and motivated. Even in Tampa, the players on both sides of the ball, lavished him with praise on how he taught them all how to become winners.

It was clear as day that once he was gone, Bill tried to maintain continuity by holding on a year (or two) too late to guys like High, McCourty, Slatter, etc. to maintain that leadership in the locker room. It didn't work.

Mac was never it. I knew it after hearing him brag about his ALA teammates calling him "Joker" and the moment I witnessed this. I suspect so did Bill.

Screenshot_20210927-095559_Firefox.jpg

Smith-Schuster over Meyer is a fireable offense.
How can you not know his knee was toast. That's what you get paid for...to know/find out these things.

If it was either Groh or Wolf, that should eliminate them as a GM candidate.

Leadership in the locker room is the most underrated aspect of Brady's career. Belichick benefitted 100% from having Brady keep the troops in line and motivated. Even in Tampa, the players on both sides of the ball, lavished him with praise on how he taught them all how to become winners.

It was clear as day that once he was gone, Bill tried to maintain continuity by holding on a year (or two) too late to guys like High, McCourty, Slatter, etc. to maintain that leadership in the locker room. It didn't work.

Mac was never it. I knew it after hearing him brag about his ALA teammates calling him "Joker" and the moment I witnessed this. I suspect so did Bill.

View attachment 56317
FjREuHoVIAAEH4Z.jpg

tom-brady-struggling-13.jpg

Adapt to what? Instability?
i meant from this line

According to a team source, Jones frustration over the insertion of Patricia, and moving to a more Shanahan-based offense was immediate. Before training camp, he showed resistance to changing offensive systems especially after having success with McDaniels. That drew Belichick’s ire.
coaching issues aside, he immeditately(if all this is to believed) was resistant to change.

Goff never played in St-Louis

View attachment 56315

That’s his first 3 years in the league. Truly awful bust
Gurley was the engine that drove those '17 & '18 Rams teams... in 2017, was there a better all-purpose back in the league?
Goff was along for the ride... please don't mistake me - Goff wasn't a Bust, ala JaMarcus Russell... reclamation projects that can/do pan out rarely are... So Reclamation Project ≠ Bust... There has to be something there in order to make the effort worth it...

Last edited:
I don’t know about anyone else here but I have dozens of friends with children with developmental disabilities of various degrees, and this “ corky” **** that Triumph started has gotten really old. Literally no one wants Mac Jones here, but that’s no reason to be this offensive every single day. If you want to insult him go ahead, but there’s no need to copy the dumbest and most offensive poster on this site to do it.
You have dozens of friends with children with developmental disabilities? I don't think I have a dozen friends total.

My impression is Mac is a front runner that never had to deal with this level of adversity.

The next step is up to him.

He wasn't crying like Mac was. Bill had to literally grab him by the hand and walk him back to the lockerroom. Sickening display.
Just keep moving those goalposts.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back