PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mayo negotiations + OC interviews next week

So they still get around the Rooney Rule. Yea, probably.
Why would they care about the Rooney Rule. It’s ridiculous to think it has any impact at all.

How does play calling equal all of being a defensive coordinator in your mind, when we have head coaches calling plays on both offense and defense while still having coordinators on that side of the ball?
How do you know of mayo is a good coach. You don’t even know what he does. This is my point. It’s not difficult and it is a fair question

So, if the theory is that Mayo is Asst. HC or HC in waiting and Lil Stevie keeps the no title defacto DC role, then they don't have to follow the Rooney Rule for the D side.

They would for the OC position. Someone brought up QB coach needing to follow the rule. If so, how did Judge end up as QB coach? Or was this changed this past season?
I thought the Rooney rule only applied to HC jobs?

How do you know of mayo is a good coach. You don’t even know what he does. This is my point. It’s not difficult and it is a fair question
We don’t know who does what among the defensive coaches you are right.

The defense was good this year. I don’t think either him or Steve deserve all the credit for that. So that makes me think both Steve B. and Mayo are good coaches.

Why would they care about the Rooney Rule. It’s ridiculous to think it has any impact at all.
Why would who care about the Rooney Rule?

For the sake of argument, if Mayo is offered the Carolina HC job, do the Patriots only get draft picks if he is signed to a new contract? Is that part of their motivation to sign him to an extension ASAP?

Wow I missed that rule change.

So I ask this question, and it gets a poster with an "I don't agree" emoji response.
For the record since we're whining about emojis now, the "I don't agree emoji" looked like the "Ugh" face. That's the reaction I was [trying to give], an eyeroll.

But that wasn't your point originally.

Make fun of Steve all you want. Defense has been pretty good, especially considering the lack of talent

I agree, bad. But on this team, the d has been better than anything else. You blame Steve. But think mayo is the second coming of bill? He’s equally at fault than. Why’s everyone up his ass

You're just moving the goalposts.

For the record since we're whining about emojis now, the "I don't agree emoji" looked like the "Ugh" face. That's the reaction I was [trying to give], an eyeroll.

I wasn't whining. I thought it was funny as all get out watching you being ridiculous over a nothing issue. And this follow up by you is just more of the same, so thanks again.

rofl.gif

I wasn't whining. I thought it was funny as all get out watching you being ridiculous over a nothing issue. And this follow up by you is just more of the same, so thanks again.

rofl.gif
???

What are you talking about?

But that wasn't your point originally.

You're just moving the goalposts.
I’m not moving anything. we don’t really know who does what. I’m saying everyone wants to say Steve sucks because he’s bills kid and mayo is great. How do we know who’s responsible for what? All I know is Steve’s the one the media puts on tv all the time saying he’s calling plays.

Why is mayo being treated at second coming and Steve seemingly everyone wants to kick to the curb?

Football's a complimentary sport. If your offense is constantly going 3 and out and not scoring points (or FG's instead of TD's) it keeps the D out there longer and they get worn down by teams with good offenses. This also applies to having bad special teams unit.
got it, failure, after failure, after defensive failure is a ok....

BOB makes a ton of sense, but if there were any possibility of that, wouldn't there be tons of rumors of contact floating around.
Instead, it's been silence. Maybe BB doesn't want that kind of pressure on his job, maybe he doesn't like BOB... Or, maybe Billy doesn't want to be under Bill again. Maybe because the nickname for the duo would be BIBBOB.

BOB makes a ton of sense, but if there were any possibility of that, wouldn't there be tons of rumors of contact floating around.
Instead, it's been silence. Maybe BB doesn't want that kind of pressure on his job, maybe he doesn't like BOB... Or, maybe Billy doesn't want to be under Bill again. Maybe because the nickname for the duo would be BIBBOB.
BoB is the number 1 guy I want. Which means we won't even be close to getting him no matter how much sense it makes. I think I'll take anyone who has OC experience and is not on our current staff

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back