PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

N’Keal Harry Requests Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Patriots are expected to have suitors in a potential trade for third-year wide receiver N’Keal Harry, according to Jeremy Fowler of ESPN. At least one league executive estimates that Harry’s cost in a trade would be a “conditional sixth-round pick.”

Pure garbage.

Law tried to shoot his way out of town.

Branch shot his way out of town.

Mankins called out the org.

Michael Bennett acted like an idiot.

All occurred when Brady was here.

Harry is just an idiot.

Ted Johnson is a clown. I never listen to him on WEEI any more because every word out of his mouth about the Pats is colored by his hatred of Belichick. His bias is real and it’s spectacular.

I think they’re gearing up for a run heavy 2 TE offense. That formula can win you some games but with Cam and Mac at QB there will be some mistakes that put the defense in a bad spot sometimes and you will need firepower to come back. The league isn’t built for clock chewing running game offenses anymore. It’s basketball on grass. You need to keep up with the high powered offenses.

He’d be happy with a high powered offense, but BB has always liked a great defense, run heavy kind of team. That’s pretty much the 2018 team, which won a Super Bowl. It’s also Parcells’ Giants teams. Not sure that can’t still win, though it might have trouble coming from behind late in a game.

Uh… you can’t. The snap has already taken place. In many cases, Cam or Stidham had already gone through their first reads. To get an idea of alignment, you need to see what’s happening before the snap. Not after. If you think you can see that taking place in the highlight video you posted, screenshot a still pic and post it.
No, in most cases the highlight starts at the snap. You're dancing.
The video evidence did show he was wrong. The team spending ludicrous amounts of guaranteed money on “weaponz” showed he was wrong. The proof is in the pudding.
Why do you keep going back to Chatham, neither he or anyone else said the weapons were amazing... what he and others pointed out was Cam sucked and if the weapons were wide open (video highlights) then he should have passed to them. Another analyst actually pointed out how Cam hadn't thrown to the right side of the field about a third of the season in... but you're suggesting Cam wasn't the problem. Good call.
I’m beginning to think this debate has more to do with defending Chatham than it does with Harry.
I think you see Chatham, N'Keal and Wozzy wherever you go...
I never argued otherwise. My argument was pretty straightforward unless you were trying to straw man it into something else entirely - Meyers is replacing Harry. That became clear since Meyers effectively took his snaps at the end of last season and never looked back.
Harry played 60% of the offensive snaps his first game back from his concussion, 75% back the following game. The same game Cam served Harry up a hospital ball (49ers) was the last game Julian Edelman ever played as a professional... that's where all the available snaps came from.
You have absolutely no way of knowing that. The common consensus was that Harry was on the bubble before the trade request and wasn’t a lock to make the team by any stretch of the imagination. If you have other information proving that he was still in the team’s plans, please feel free to share it
According to whom, you heard that from Bill?
Big news incoming: This thread is about Harry.
Yet I wasn't talking about Harry, I was talking about the other WR's on the roster... you have tunnel vision for Harry.
Which makes it even worse that Harry’s snaps decreased as much as they did once he came back. There was even more opportunity available and yet his snaps swirled right on down the ol’ ****ter.
Wrong. Here are his 2020 game logs, he played 60% of the snaps the game he returned, he played 75% the next game... at that point Jules was gone. What you're confusing is Cam's inability to pass to any other receiver once he has locked onto one. Meyers being the slot player and Cam's inability to pass outside the hashes. Harry played. Cam sucked. That's the story. They were the worst passing team in the NFL by season's end.

there is a lot of turn over on the staff... coaching and front office ... hardly a year goes by where we arent replacing one, the other or both... That Caserio lasted here for so long was kinda a one off

Sure...but they're usually replacing them with proteges that came up through the organization. That's a good thing overall, and particularly when you're dominating a market and want continuity, but it has its drawbacks when an organization is stuck and needing some fresh perspective. This isn't a "Bill is Bad" thing either; it's just a basic concept of business and organizations. Bringing back Matt Patricia as another echo; Steve Belichick the acting DC; Josh McDaniels is a lifer in the org. All of these guys learned from Bill or the guys Bill trained; when they move up, if they do, someone will be waiting in the wings whose been with the org since 2008. When is the last time they hired someone from outside the organization to come in and install something that challenges the way they do things? Change isn't always a bad thing; sometimes it needs to be embraced. It all depends on where an organization is at a given time; when you look at the big picture of the Patriots dynasty, it would seem like a great time for some re-examination.

Maybe you’re getting senile but when you pass yourself off as a know it all and can’t even name half the receivers Bill took in the first three rounds and then try and worm your way out of it you look like a fool. If you weren’t so smarmy people wouldn’t continually call you out for being clueless.
"People" = 203, Ice, Kontra....

Did I miss any of the misanthropes?

You guys should get together, listen to some Depeche Mode and give yourselves paper cuts.
emo GIF

So many wails of anguish about what happened in 2018, 2003, 2001, sigh.

Keeping or cutting Harry ain't going to change the past.

I wrote on an earlier thread this was a make or break off season for Harry. I had hoped he took some time away from the game and came back ready to work, but the exact opposite happened. Time to cut our losses.

We could be grown adults and cut our losses and focus on the players who are gonna stick with the team, or we can b!tch and moan about lost opportunities going back to Babe Parilli.

It's sad, but it's clear misery will be what gets chosen by the bulk of the posters here.

Josh isn't the problem, but he's not the solution either. The solution would probably involve moving on from Josh. It's not that he's a bad coach; he's not. It's that they need an outsider to come in here and either install a new system or revamp the existing system. The scouting/draft pick process, and the qualities they look for in players, need to be reevaluated and not by the same Tom Brady Patriots Dynasty group that's been there for 20 years. We've been going on about this, in this forum, for years now...and Harry should be the final alarm sounded. This group is simply unable to examine their own blind spots since they are all think alike. And it appears doing things the way they've worked in the past is to overlook that they no longer have the player who made these things work in the past.
The Harry miss and their failure and apprehension to develop WRs is due to ****ty eval and drafting- not the E/P system or Josh's enhancements.

There have been multiple WRs who have come in here and produced Year 1.

If you argument is to be proven, the indicator will be Mac Jones- not Do N'Kuthing Harry.

How many people do you have on ignore?

You have someone on ignore and can't see their stuff. Can you see it if others quote and go back & forth?
1: I don't know the number of people I have on ignore. But I've been here for a long time, so I'm sure the number's pretty high compared to others.

2: No. You get this message:

You are ignoring content by this member. Show ignored content

So it's not a clean block where you don't know the poster exists, but it's a pretty strong ignore.

Ted Johnson on Tom Brady departure and the lead up to the Harry trade request: “I think the Patriots, quite honestly, have lost that thing that makes them the Patriots,”

Basically, Brady was the buffer that kept guys in line and covered up Bill’s “warts”. Now that’s he’s gone, you see players like Harry complaining publicly.

There’s more interesting thoughts but I don’t won’t to copy and paste the entire article.

That's just a dumb take by Johnson - at least, at this point.

The ONLY ONE who's done this is Harry, and it's almost certainly because his not-too-brilliant agent understands that his career here is...nonexistent. I don't hear rumblings other than Harry. Do you? Hunter Henry is spitting joy about being here and fitting in. mac Jones is working his ass off - they have an actual QB competition (which surprised me).

Lawrence Guy is very high on the D-Line potential, welcoming his new teammates. Van Noy is thrilled to be back. Hightower is looking ready to rumble. Trent Brown has expressed his joy since returning and thinks this OL will be elite. Andrews came back for less money; Thuney seemed genuinely upset at leaving, but for that money, he had to!

The only negative thing I've heard (other than a couple of minor injuries) thus far is about Harry, and his trade request is predictable but pathetic, quite honestly. The only other possible problem might be with Winovich, who was talking a good game about working with Nink, but then, for some reason that I haven't heard, wasn't at the team practices.

That's just a dumb take by Johnson - at least, at this point.

The ONLY ONE who's done this is Harry, and it's almost certainly because his not-too-brilliant agent understands that his career here is...nonexistent. I don't hear rumblings other than Harry. Do you? Hunter Henry is spitting joy about being here and fitting in. mac Jones is working his ass off - they have an actual QB competition (which surprised me).

Lawrence Guy is very high on the D-Line potential, welcoming his new teammates. Van Noy is thrilled to be back. Hightower is looking ready to rumble. Trent Brown has expressed his joy since returning and thinks this OL will be elite. Andrews came back for less money; Thuney seemed genuinely upset at leaving, but for that money, he had to!

The only negative thing I've heard (other than a couple of minor injuries) thus far is about Harry, and his trade request is predictable but pathetic, quite honestly. The only other possible problem might be with Winovich, who was talking a good game about working with Nink, but then, for some reason that I haven't heard, wasn't at the team practices.
The only one who's done "that"?

Gilmore's holding out for the second year in a row.

Yes, poor draft choices in the first half of the first round do significantly hurt a team.

However, I do NOT believe that a poor pick or two in the early rounds set back a team for years. Every team has misses, lots of them. Many players fail to meet hopes and expectations.

Blaming a poor pick or two for failure doesn't make sense to me. I understand that some fans here seem to believe that we would have won 10 Super Bowl out of the first 20 of the century, IF WE ONLY drafted as they wanted us to.
I am not saying that the bad picks kill a team but the bad picks can definitely snowball. Look at the investments Bill has made in the receiver position since Harry failed. A first, a second, a nutcase receiver, and a bunch of money all went to filling the "number one" receiver spot.

"People" = 203, Ice, Kontra....

Did I miss any of the misanthropes?

You guys should get together, listen to some Depeche Mode and give yourselves paper cuts.
emo GIF
Thinking the Patriots can't draft receivers makes you a misanthrope. Got it. I'm sure you're just as sharp as you were in your Boston.com days.

The only one who's done "that"?

Gilmore's holding out for the second year in a row.
Gilmore wasn't a holdout last year. He was in TC. God do your homework.

The Harry miss and their failure and apprehension to develop WRs is due to ****ty eval and drafting- not the E/P system or Josh's enhancements.

There have been multiple WRs who have come in here and produced Year 1.

If you argument is to be proven, the indicator will be Mac Jones- not Do N'Kuthing Harry.

You don't think traits within the E/P system, which they specifically look for, has to do with the guys they draft? Haven't they been on record describing the unique skills a receiver needs in New England versus other systems?

Belichick can do it, he was good at drafting Deion Branch, David Givens, Edelman, Gronk, Hernandez, and growing Troy Brown. All of these guys were found under a totally different offensive coordinator than the current one on staff however. On the other hand, the total bust picks from 2005-2008 and 2013-now have been with the same OC on staff.

That could be true, from what've heard McDaniels has been involved in quite a few busts. Still if Bill is the GM then the fact stays the same that we have been horrible with receivers. How much of this weakness was covered up by Tom Brady over the years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back