PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Flores Dragging Belichick Further Into His Lawsuit, Burning Yet Another Bridge

A guy who doesn't have a history of winning, turns over his staff, doesn't get along with his QB, and doesn't play well with others, is a guy a lot of teams will pass over, or at least think twice about.

Just ask Josh McDaniels, in the immediate aftermath of his Denver gig.

I wanted to note that this doesn't mean that there is, or isn't an issue here. I'm just noting that the arguments I'm seeing on this board are arguments where intent is being questioned/assumed, and not arguments where there is actual proof.

How Leftwich didn't get the job over Pederson is baffling. He's terrific and the way the players respond to him is exactly what that team needed. It's too bad they didn't, because I feel like he would have been great.
I guess he took his name out. Can't blame him with that GM there. Plus Pederson is a SB winning HC. Good luck to him. He's going to need it.

Yea, but Flores wasn't the DC. His son was in there too. That's just Bill playing the promotion for 3rd round picks game when his guys get poached. I can't blame him for that.

Yet you implied just that:

How many black men have the Patriots given the opportunity to be an OC a/o DC? Romeo Crennel. That's it. Flores isn't wrong. This isn't about Belichick but the entire NFL culture.

Yea, but Flores wasn't the DC. His son was in there too. That's just Bill playing the promotion for 3rd round picks game when his guys get poached. I can't blame him for that.
The wording of the rule does not require that a person be a coordinator to qualify for compensation. The only requirements are that it not be a lateral move, that the coach/FO employee has to have worked for his old team for 2+ years, and be hired directly into the new job from his current job (i.e., if you fire/let someone leave, you get no picks). [And that didn't start until after Flores left, so it's a moot point.]

He's also done that to keep the criticism away from those guys (including Flores), which is also something not a lot of people talk about.

Although I've said it before, the fact Flores didn't get hired before the lawsuit came out is baffling. He was one of the best available guys after the Dolphins screwed up and let him go and I was glad to see him leave the Division. But with the way the players had responded to him in the 3 seasons he was there (and his last one here), his success certainly speaks for itself. Definitely makes little sense.
He was blackballed out of the gate by Ross. After the Bill text (Bill is not material here), he probably realized he had no chance of getting a HC gig again. Took balls to do what he's doing. He knows his career is over. I support for him for that alone. He's got character and principals. A rare thing nowadays.

How many black men have the Patriots given the opportunity to be an OC a/o DC? Romeo Crennel. That's it. Flores isn't wrong. This isn't about Belichick but the entire NFL culture.

How many have applied? How many that have applied passed the initial screening for experience / track record? Works both ways.

FWIW, the coaching staff, using the same criteria as the article, is now 6/17 black, or ~35%.
Right, after the article. Hopefully what Flores is doing moves the needle enough to allow qualified black coaches more opportunities.

Yet you implied just that:
I said "this isn't about Belichick, but the entire NFL culture."

I also linked a 2016 article that brought up details about the Pats coaching diversity. They've fixed it since, so that's a good thing.

I said "this isn't about Belichick, but the entire NFL culture."

I also linked a 2016 article that brought up details about the Pats coaching diversity. They've fixed it since, so that's a good thing.
You called out the team for only having Crennel as a black coordinator. And the guy doing the coordinator choosing over the last 20+ years is Bill Belichick.

How many black men have the Patriots given the opportunity to be an OC a/o DC? Romeo Crennel. That's it.

You're posting a lot of over the top stuff, and that was just one example of it.

The wording of the rule does not require that a person be a coordinator to qualify for compensation. The only requirements are that it not be a lateral move, that the coach/FO employee has to have worked for his old team for 2+ years, and be hired directly into the new job from his current job (i.e., if you fire/let someone leave, you get no picks). [And that didn't start until after Flores left, so it's a moot point.]
Sure, but it's the coordinators that get the HC jobs. Point taken on the timing.

You called out the team for only having Crennel as a black coordinator. And the guy doing the coordinator choosing over the last 20+ years is Bill Belichick.

You're posting a lot of over the top stuff, and that was just one example of it.
So there were more black coordinators than Crennel?

The linked articke about Pats having lowest % diversity in the league is wrong?

How is any of that over the top?

My point was in response to @Ian's article. I disagree that Flores is wrong in the context of tge entire NFL.

How many have applied? How many that have applied passed the initial screening for experience / track record? Works both ways.
Good questions. I'll put my crack research team on it and get right back at you.

Huh?
He thought he was texting Daboll, congratulating him. Once Flores corrected him, he said he F'ed up. There's no confusion about it. The fact some are trying to make it out that way is nonsense.
"Sounds like you have landed -- congrats!!" make no sense directed at Daboll as he had a job.

So there were more black coordinators than Crennel?

The linked articke about Pats having lowest % diversity in the league is wrong?

How is any of that over the top?

My point was in response to @Ian's article. I disagree that Flores is wrong in the context of tge entire NFL.

To repeat:

3 OCs and 3 DCs, and Crennel was among the group.

You really need to take a step back.

"Sounds like you have landed -- congrats!!" make no sense directed at Daboll as he had a job.
He's specifically texting about Giants HC position. Daboll wasn't a HC, but he aspired to be one. Thus, you have landed.

To repeat:

3 OCs and 3 DCs, and Crennel was among the group.

You really need to take a step back.
You missed the point. That's OK. It happens.

You missed the point. That's OK. It happens.

I didn't miss the point, at all. You seem to be doing it routinely, though.

Good questions. I'll put my crack research team on it and get right back at you.

I wasn't looking for an answer, because we have none. Like many thing, there's a lot of supposition gong on. We have next to 0 in verifiable details.

Also, I love how we've somehow come to accept that any subset of society will reflect the group distribution of society as a whole, and if it doesn't then it must be due to some nefarious systemic reason.

I wasn't looking for an answer, because we have none. Like many thing, there's a lot of supposition gong on. We have next to 0 in verifiable details.

Also, I love how we've somehow come to accept that any subset of society will reflect the group distribution of society as a whole, and if it doesn't then it must be due to some nefarious systemic reason.
I was joking.

How Leftwich didn't get the job over Pederson is baffling. He's terrific and the way the players respond to him is exactly what that team needed. It's too bad they didn't, because I feel like he would have been great.
Not really baffling, Leftwich wanted a specific GM and when he could not get his way, he withdrew his name. Should not be baffling.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back