PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Flores Dragging Belichick Further Into His Lawsuit, Burning Yet Another Bridge

Yea, but Flores wasn't the DC. His son was in there too. That's just Bill playing the promotion for 3rd round picks game when his guys get poached. I can't blame him for that.
What?

How Leftwich didn't get the job over Pederson is baffling. He's terrific and the way the players respond to him is exactly what that team needed. It's too bad they didn't, because I feel like he would have been great.
Pederson won a sb as a HC. Leftwich coached Tom Brady’s offense and really has no other experience of note.
Leftwich may have charisma and be loved by players, but Pederson is a much more qualified HC candidate at this stage.

Huh?
He thought he was texting Daboll, congratulating him. Once Flores corrected him, he said he F'ed up. There's no confusion about it. The fact some are trying to make it out that way is nonsense.
I disagree. Like I said, the use of “landing somewhere” makes a lot more sense to be said to Flores who was unemployed, vs Daboll who was still employed as an OC. Bill then later says “I double checked & misread the text - I think they are making Daboll.” I interpret this as him saying he double checked the text he received telling him who was getting the job and realized he misread it. It just makes more sense to me than “lol oops texted the wrong Brian”

Also, I love how we've somehow come to accept that any subset of society will reflect the group distribution of society as a whole, and if it doesn't then it must be due to some nefarious systemic reason.
Not sure what you're referring to. My argument is specific to black coaches getting opportunities (not interviews) for HC positions. There are dozens and dozens of good positional coaches out there. They're not getting the same opportunities to ascend as their white counterparts. This has been studied and documented. No one is saying you need to hire incompetent black coaches just to give "qualified" black coaches a real opportunity regardless of the group distribution. That's just not happening.

I disagree. Like I said, the use of “landing somewhere” makes a lot more sense to be said to Flores who was unemployed, vs Daboll who was still employed as an OC. Bill then later says “I double checked & misread the text - I think they are making Daboll.” I interpret this as him saying he double checked the text he received telling him who was getting the job and realized he misread it. It just makes more sense to me than “lol oops texted the wrong Brian”
Landing means as a HC for the Giants. Bill's text were specific to the Giants HC job. Daboll wasn't a HC. He wanted to be one. Thus, he "landed" the job he wanted.

How do you explain Bill saying "I think they are naming Daboll. Sorry about that" after he realizes he's texting Flores.

Why would Bill say: "Got it. I hear from BUF & NYG that you are their guy."

Do you think BUF told Bill that Flores was getting the NYG HC job?

Are you saying Bill received a text from his sources saying they were hiring Brian and so he texted Flores thinking it was Flores? Lol that's worse (see BUF above).

Either way, Bill seemingly being confused about this makes him look old and confused. Not a good look either way.

Not sure what you're referring to. My argument is specific to black coaches getting opportunities (not interviews) for HC positions. There are dozens and dozens of good positional coaches out there. They're not getting the same opportunities to ascend as their white counterparts. This has been studied and documented. No one is saying you need to hire incompetent black coaches just to give "qualified" black coaches a real opportunity regardless of the group distribution. That's just not happening.

I get that. My question was how many applicants, how many meet minimum requirements, how many bomb a phone interview. The opportunities are there - submit your resume.

There are 32 head coaching slots. Any given season may see, what - five available? Let's say ten, though.

Each team probably has - OC/DC/QB/RB/WR/OL/DL/LB/DB/ST. That's 10 position coaches - 320 individuals. Let's leave out all that have less than 10 total years of NFL service - how many now? How many won't be considered due to poor performance (low ranked position by season, disgruntled players, etc.)?

By the time you've filtered out those that just don't meet the requirements, the pool is so small a team can't afford to filter based on race. Also, some just can't hire worth a damn (we've all seen this in the workforce - where HR or some other "interviewer" doesn't have a clue).

But, let's say team A is willing to bypass based on race. Let them. Not that I agree, but they can do far more damage if their hand is forced. They'll hire Beetlejuice or Tyrone Bigguns just to "prove" their point. Let them run things their way, and you know they'll wind up missing out, losing games, and pissing off the fans. It's the long game, but with today's information sharing word will get out.

How many other teams had the chance to hire Tomlin? Yeah, the dude is an ***, but he did take a packaged winner and kept it going through major personnel changes over the years. Chucky has a ring for coaching a Tampa team that was built buy Dungy. RAC coached ND and the Texans - not that great, mind you - but he got the jobs because teams recognized the talent.

I may be a bit naïve - I recognize that. It's due to the fact that at the end of the day I don't care about race/creed/etc. When I was 11 or so I asked my dad what the difference was between blacks and whites. His response "Not much - there are jerks on both sides, and good people as well." He was a bit more colorful, but you get the point.

Just saw Flores interview on NPR, he is a piece of trash . Backstabber, crybaby, snitch, etc

I’m not really sure how anyone reading Belichick’s last post in the exchange can believe that Belichick texted the wrong Brian. As he said, he misunderstood who the hire was going to be and mistakenly texted his congrats to Flores. If you want to believe Belichick lied to Flores about that, be my guest.

Understanding that, Flores is then wrong if he is inferring Belichick influenced the Giants decision to hire Daboll. If he did, why would he mistakenly believe Flores got the job?

The Flores media tour was a disaster. He should have stood on his complaint rather to rehash the accusations time and time again. I think media interviews were the wrong forum, and Flores did a poor job accentuating the larger overarching issue which is the NFL’s minority hiring issue,

I really don’t think what he said about Belichick influencing hires was an accusation directed at Bill, but, instead, a poorly made point that the NFL is an “old boys” industry and teams tend to listen to the recommendations of “old boys” like Belichick rather than what’s discovered through the interview process. I give you Joe Judge and Greg Schiano.

At this time, only 1 of the 29 HCs is Africa-American in an industry where 70% of their employees/players are African-American. If you can’t understand why the 70% are bothered by that then you have no understanding of human nature.

Here’s how I’d try to increase the number of African-Americans in executive positions with NFL teams:

First, a league-wide dramatic improvement of the pay and work conditions for entry level coaching and scouting positions and more positions being created to attract more candidates for those positions from a more diverse demographic. It’s unconscionable that billion dollar NFL franchises can’t provide a living wage to all of its employees. As a side bar, that includes cheerleaders. Reading about how little they’re compensated sounds like exploitation to me.

Secondly, the Rooney rule need to go. It’s a foolish gesture to a serious problem. Instead, give NFL teams an incentive to seek out and hire minority candidates to executive jobs. Draft picks are the currency of the NFL, so offer an additional pick for minority hires. Say a supplemental pick at the beginning of the 2nd round for a HC hire with a future 2nd rounder forfeited if the HC doesn’t last 3 seasons. A 3rd pick for a GM hire with the same forfeiture provision. And, a 4th rounder for a OC or DC hire. The NFLPA would have to sign off on the draft picks, but I think they’d be happy the owners are actually trying something to address the situation,

I strongly believe in people being chosen for jobs based on perceived merit. And, I don’t think the draft pick incentives I’ve proposed are that rich that merit won’t be the primary reason for future hires.

Landing means as a HC for the Giants. Bill's text were specific to the Giants HC job. Daboll wasn't a HC. He wanted to be one. Thus, he "landed" the job he wanted.

How do you explain Bill saying "I think they are naming Daboll. Sorry about that" after he realizes he's texting Flores.

Why would Bill say: "Got it. I hear from BUF & NYG that you are their guy."

Do you think BUF told Bill that Flores was getting the NYG HC job?

Are you saying Bill received a text from his sources saying they were hiring Brian and so he texted Flores thinking it was Flores? Lol that's worse (see BUF above).

Either way, Bill seemingly being confused about this makes him look old and confused. Not a good look either way.
I agree that both scenarios involve Bill being confused using his phone but I just read it the way I read it - I am curious if he will comment on it at some point. Suppose he will have to it he is deposed.

I get that. My question was how many applicants, how many meet minimum requirements, how many bomb a phone interview. The opportunities are there - submit your resume.

There are 32 head coaching slots. Any given season may see, what - five available? Let's say ten, though.

Each team probably has - OC/DC/QB/RB/WR/OL/DL/LB/DB/ST. That's 10 position coaches - 320 individuals. Let's leave out all that have less than 10 total years of NFL service - how many now? How many won't be considered due to poor performance (low ranked position by season, disgruntled players, etc.)?

By the time you've filtered out those that just don't meet the requirements, the pool is so small a team can't afford to filter based on race. Also, some just can't hire worth a damn (we've all seen this in the workforce - where HR or some other "interviewer" doesn't have a clue).

But, let's say team A is willing to bypass based on race. Let them. Not that I agree, but they can do far more damage if their hand is forced. They'll hire Beetlejuice or Tyrone Bigguns just to "prove" their point. Let them run things their way, and you know they'll wind up missing out, losing games, and pissing off the fans. It's the long game, but with today's information sharing word will get out.

How many other teams had the chance to hire Tomlin? Yeah, the dude is an ***, but he did take a packaged winner and kept it going through major personnel changes over the years. Chucky has a ring for coaching a Tampa team that was built buy Dungy. RAC coached ND and the Texans - not that great, mind you - but he got the jobs because teams recognized the talent.

I may be a bit naïve - I recognize that. It's due to the fact that at the end of the day I don't care about race/creed/etc. When I was 11 or so I asked my dad what the difference was between blacks and whites. His response "Not much - there are jerks on both sides, and good people as well." He was a bit more colorful, but you get the point.
The problem isn't the lack of qualified candidates. There is a funnel effect from positional coaches to coordinators, which is where most candidates come from. There are double standards being applied. It's systemic.

Right, after the article. Hopefully what Flores is doing moves the needle enough to allow qualified black coaches more opportunities.
All that will happen is what has happened already around the country. Standards will be lowered and less quality applicants hired to appease the bean counting mob.

All that will happen is what has happened already around the country. Standards will be lowered and less quality applicants hired to appease the bean counting mob.
Are you saying there are no qualified black coaches?

Marvin Lewis was head coach of the Bengals for 16 years...0-7 in the playoffs..131-129-3 ties...can't believe he never got a real chance to topple this racist league's practices.... :whistle:

Saw this comment on ProFootball talk: "

Hector Rivera says:

February 4, 2022 at 4:07 pm

Wow! As a Dolphins fan I’m no fan of Belicheat, but what a way to pay back the man that taught, and gave you your first opportunity in the NFL. Flores is throwing Bill under the bus! I lost all respect for Flores on this one! I would never hire him if I owned a team. I understand going after the other teams, but where is your loyalty? "

Marvin Lewis was head coach of the Bengals for 16 years...0-7 in the playoffs..131-129-3 ties...can't believe he never got a real chance to topple this racist league's practices.... :whistle:
You should see the long list of the guys that had worse records. Your buddy Rex "Footsie" Ryan is in there.

You should see the long list of the guys that had worse records. Your buddy Rex "Footsie" Ryan is in there.
heh...yeah but Wrecks was honorary black..."yo..my man Rex is gettin' his toe fondle on...phuck dis stupid biatch yo"...

My opinion is that 29 white billionaires do not give a crap what we or anyone else on the planet think, and will continue to do THAT which lines their coffers. The two other owners, Pegula and Khan, are token nods to minority hiring..IF...if they have the requisite MOOLAH to buy their way into the club, which they showed they did...and Khan could give a crap about minority hiring either...look at the white mutt he just got rid of...[/I]

Sad. If Flores wasnt a qualified, deserving head coach candidate, then nobody is. He sus great in Miami. So there were zero qualified blacks this year. Got it. Jeezus you're coming right out and saying standard will lower if more black people are hired over white people. Sickening

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
Back